Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy Has Either 33 or 108 Doctorate Degrees (Allegedly)
[quote pid='380543' dateline='1666787661']
(10-21-2022, 09:10 PM)RbxFunRocks Wrote: As someone literally from South Africa. I have never. and I mean NEVER. Heard of African Moon University.

The only legit Distance/Online University in South Africa offering PhD's would be UNISA. (As far as I know of.)
[/quote]

Based on their "Mission Vision and Values" subsite I guess they are from Equatorial Guinea, Spain or Latin America, it reads like Google Translate from Spanish to English, also "Mission Vision and Values"  is such a Latin American to do, very common in NGOs.

Reads like a mill to me

Also, University of Azteca and University od Phonix (sic) are not a thing.
"Reads like a mill." (elcastor21)

African Moon U? Indeed it does read like a mill. They give an address in Namibia, next door to ZA. And it's Delaware US incorporated. The "accreditations" page is a nightmare. It's a childish pastiche of logo's of about 150 different schools and other organizations. Most I've never heard of and some certainly made up -- with gross misspellings.

I think the somewhat weird English might be pretty much standard in Namibia. English has been declared THE official language by the Government but only 3% of the people speak it as a home language. Oshiwambo is the most common language spoken and Afrikaans is the most widely understood National language. (Google)

Obviously a complete fraud. Worse, they claim to teach all kinds of medical specialities, from oto-laryngology to obstetrics. Avoid this school like the plague. And do the same with people who claim degrees from here. Here's a little something in Afrikaans for African Moon U : "Nee dankie! Gaan hel toe!"
(08-27-2023, 10:02 AM)Johann Wrote: "Reads like a mill." (elcastor21)

African Moon U? Indeed it does read like a mill. They give an address in Namibia, next door to ZA. And it's Delaware US incorporated. The "accreditations" page is a nightmare. It's a childish pastiche of logo's of about 150 different schools and other organizations. Most I've never heard of and some certainly made up -- with gross misspellings.

I think the somewhat weird English might be pretty much standard in Namibia. English has been declared THE official language by the Government but only 3% of the people speak it as a home language. Oshiwambo is the most common language spoken and Afrikaans is the most widely understood National language. (Google)

Obviously a complete fraud. Worse, they claim to teach all kinds of medical specialities, from oto-laryngology to obstetrics. Avoid this school like the plague. And do the same with people who claim degrees from here. Here's a little something in Afrikaans for African Moon U : "Nee dankie! Gaan hel toe!"

I cannot believe I have a reply from the Legendary Johann, creator of the University Von Johann, thread mover that makes us talk from airplanes to Frank Sinatra and gives us so many entretaining discussions.

On-Topic, yeah their accreditation page is a joke, Cantinflas level of joke.
[-] The following 1 user Likes elcastor21's post:
  • Johann
University in South Africa is probably one of a couple or triple I would recommend from that region... There are very less programs available that are recognized and fully online or through other modes of learning. They're the largest correspondence or online provider of distance based education...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-28-2023, 09:17 AM)elcastor21 Wrote: I cannot believe I have a reply from the Legendary Johann, creator of the University Von Johann, thread mover that makes us talk from airplanes to Frank Sinatra and gives us so many entretaining discussions.

Sí. Por supuesto que están cantinfleando en la Universidad "Luna Africana."  Smile

Thanks for the extravagant compliments. In reality, I'm actually a total fraud.  Smile     And I'm gone from DI after 17 years. Good thing is, some of the nicest people post on both forums - there and here. Do you post over there as "manuel" or do I know you by another forum-name? 
(08-30-2023, 01:23 AM)Johann Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 09:17 AM)elcastor21 Wrote: I cannot believe I have a reply from the Legendary Johann, creator of the University Von Johann, thread mover that makes us talk from airplanes to Frank Sinatra and gives us so many entretaining discussions.

Sí. Por supuesto que están cantinfleando en la Universidad "Luna Africana."  Smile

Thanks for the extravagant compliments. In reality, I'm actually a total fraud.  Smile     And I'm gone from DI after 17 years. Good thing is, some of the nicest people post on both forums - there and here. Do you post over there as "manuel" or do I know you by another forum-name? 

Nope, I'm pretty new on these sides of the interwebs, actually I have another account on the sister forum with the same name but it doesn't let me post anything there, have already contacted the mods to no avail.
(08-30-2023, 10:16 AM)elcastor21 Wrote: Nope, I'm pretty new on these sides of the interwebs, actually I have another account on the sister forum with the same name but it doesn't let me post anything there, have already contacted the mods to no avail.

Hmm, how did you contact a mod on the sister site? I don't see anything in the reports and I log on pretty much daily... For account issues, the admin has to fix it, mods don't have much access, it's strange how the access is granted to mods, the three of us have different access types (example, the other two mods have more access than I in some regard, and I can create/receive conversations, but the other two can't!)

(08-30-2023, 10:45 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 10:16 AM)elcastor21 Wrote: Nope, I'm pretty new on these sides of the interwebs, actually I have another account on the sister forum with the same name but it doesn't let me post anything there, have already contacted the mods to no avail.

Hmm, how did you contact a mod on the sister site?  I don't see anything in the reports and I log on pretty much daily... For account issues, the admin has to fix it, mods don't have much access, it's strange how the access is granted to mods, the three of us have different access types (example, the other two mods have more access than I in some regard, and I can create/receive conversations, but the other two can't!)

Have sent thru the Contact Us form, I only end up seeing this:

Attached Files
.png   sin permiso foro.PNG (Size: 49.1 KB / Downloads: 6)
LOL, that's the access I don't have, haha... there is a setting in the accounts that I don't see the menu for, but these two moderators do... So follow the step here I mentioned last year (PM the two mods on this site, they'll fix it and PM you back, don't bother with the email on the last post): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid369368

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • elcastor21
Don Castor, hace 2 años intenté postear en ese foro, pero el sistema no me dejó. Intenté algunas veces, y no se solucionó.

Luckily I found this forum with all the nice people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 7 1,430 09-11-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: wow
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 129 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 565 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  How do you achieve multiple degrees? Ariadne 5 608 08-19-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Twitter freaks out over person with many degrees RbxFunRocks 12 1,106 06-25-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Affordable Online Data Science and Programming Degrees from IIT Madras (India) OtterDen 3 532 06-21-2024, 08:45 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 14 3,490 05-20-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 1,685 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Associate degrees??? midnite123 10 1,214 04-03-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 1,292 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh