Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy Has Either 33 or 108 Doctorate Degrees (Allegedly)
(11-16-2022, 09:37 AM)debrag Wrote: I remember when I was at The University of Portsmouth, we got told off if we said Portsmouth University lol
At the risk of "jumping the shark," I wonder if I'd get told off at the University of Hyderabad, if I said "Hyderabad University." Guess I'll never know.
I got corrected once for calling University of the People UoP in an email to an advisor. Wrong abbreviation- it's for University of Phoenix. Woops!
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
(11-17-2022, 07:59 PM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: I got corrected once for calling University of the People UoP in an email to an advisor. Wrong abbreviation- it's for University of Phoenix. Woops!

Many people do the same.
International: UK
Future degree:
MSc Criminology & Criminal Psychology - Essex University
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:
BS Health Science 2024 - The University of the People
BSc Open (Health focus) 2023 - The Open University

Degrees completed:

BN Adult Nursing 2020 - Portsmouth University
Credits: Sophia (81)

(11-18-2022, 04:40 AM)debrag Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 07:59 PM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: I got corrected once for calling University of the People UoP in an email to an advisor. Wrong abbreviation- it's for University of Phoenix. Woops!

Many people do the same.

Seems like most people on here call it UofP. Just a shorthand thing. Their heads must explode.
They really really really really hate it!
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
(11-12-2022, 03:32 AM)debrag Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 08:19 PM)Johann Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 07:19 PM)MrPanda Wrote: "University of Azteca" doesn´t even make grammatical sense Big Grin

And of course, they wouldn´t have a "PhD in hinduism", they only have a Doctorate in Education.

To me, this "University of" is just regular offbeat South Asian English. I wouldn't read anything else into it. Satyanarayana's story has holes enough without it. I'm positive there are schools on that list he never even saw - and some he never took a single course from - distance or in person. Some of those schools did not require coursework. Payment was enough. I think some may be "flights of fancy," too. I'd really like to see that degree from Stanford. Maybe Stanford would like to see it, too....  Smile

Plenty of universities in the UK are 'universities of...' Or are you just talking about when someone says 'university of' when it should be '.. university'.

(11-12-2022, 10:29 AM)Johann Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 03:32 AM)debrag Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 08:19 PM)Johann Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 07:19 PM)MrPanda Wrote: "University of Azteca" doesn´t even make grammatical sense Big Grin

And of course, they wouldn´t have a "PhD in hinduism", they only have a Doctorate in Education.

To me, this "University of" is just regular offbeat South Asian English. I wouldn't read anything else into it. Satyanarayana's story has holes enough without it. I'm positive there are schools on that list he never even saw - and some he never took a single course from - distance or in person. Some of those schools did not require coursework. Payment was enough. I think some may be "flights of fancy," too. I'd really like to see that degree from Stanford. Maybe Stanford would like to see it, too....  Smile

Plenty of universities in the UK are 'universities of...' Or are you just talking about when someone says 'university of' when it should be '.. university'.

Can't speak for MrPanda. I'm referring to the University of vs. University. That's no big thing to me. India has developed its own brand of English and I don't have a problem with that. It's everywhere, there.

I´m referring to the problem that "Azteca" it´s like saying "Peruvian", "French" or "Incan".

You wouldn´t say "University of Peruvian", for example.

(11-18-2022, 09:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 04:40 AM)debrag Wrote:

Many people do the same.

Seems like most people on here call it UofP. Just a shorthand thing. Their heads must explode.

Which was the correct way to call my university, by the way? Big Grin

Okay - now I get it -- and as you say, it doesn't make sense. But I'm still not going to be upset about this. Perhaps there are people in India who are unaware of what "Aztec / Azteca" meant - that Aztecs (today's descendants now known as Nahua) were are a large Native Nahuatl-speaking nation in Mexico, who were powerful there long, long before European contact. There are people here in N. America who wouldn't recognize the names of every single Indian ethnic group. I'd give everyone a break on that - except Satyanarayana. He claims to have earned a degree at the school. He should know the proper name in English - and obviously, he doesn't. Either that or he never checked the list compiled by someone else. Either way - it's on Satyanarayana - nobody else. 

At first, I just wrote it off to the fluid and unpredictable nature of English in India. But yeah - you have a point and it all comes down to one man. He should have known, He should have checked.

I'll forget about this very soon. This guy obviously isn't all he's cracked himself up to be. He rents no space in my head whatsoever. Done with him (Satyanarayana).
(10-21-2022, 09:10 PM)RbxFunRocks Wrote: Out of curiosity, I did a Google search about who has the most PhDs. The highest answer I found from a news article was 33:

Those are some bad photoshops. He even added the bindi red dot to his forehead. Hilarious. Wow.
Clearly this man is fooling no one, except perhaps a few people who know absolutely nothing about university degrees and how they are earned.  It would all be amusing except for the fact that some people will use stories like this to indicate that online degrees are substandard.  Personally I hope he continues his quest and breaks his own record.  A degree in Graphic Arts might improve his photoshop skills, or not.
(12-27-2022, 11:42 AM)Alpha Wrote: Clearly this man is fooling no one, except perhaps a few people who know absolutely nothing about university degrees and how they are earned.  It would all be amusing except for the fact that some people will use stories like this to indicate that online degrees are substandard.  Personally I hope he continues his quest and breaks his own record.  A degree in Graphic Arts might improve his photoshop skills, or not.
 And perhaps a creative writing degree - majoring in fiction, might improve his LYING skills.  Sad
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johann's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 7 1,430 09-11-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: wow
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 129 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 565 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  How do you achieve multiple degrees? Ariadne 5 608 08-19-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Twitter freaks out over person with many degrees RbxFunRocks 12 1,106 06-25-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Affordable Online Data Science and Programming Degrees from IIT Madras (India) OtterDen 3 532 06-21-2024, 08:45 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 14 3,490 05-20-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 1,685 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Associate degrees??? midnite123 10 1,214 04-03-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 1,292 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh