Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy Has Either 33 or 108 Doctorate Degrees (Allegedly)
India has great Universities and no doubt, many brilliant scholars among her 1.4 Billion people.
But these two guys - Parthiban and Satyanarayana? Nah. They've both hung themselves out to dry. Pathetic.
(11-04-2022, 08:19 PM)Johann Wrote: To me, this "University of" is just regular offbeat South Asian English. I wouldn't read anything else into it. Satyanarayana's story has holes enough without it. I'm positive there are schools on that list he never even saw - and some he never took a single course from - distance or in person. Some of those schools did not require coursework. Payment was enough. I think some may be "flights of fancy," too. I'd really like to see that degree from Stanford. Maybe Stanford would like to see it, too....  Smile
It reminds me of high school athletic recruits, like the guy a few years ago who announced his commitment to the University of Georgia Tech. (It’s the Georgia Institute of Technology, BTW):

https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/platfo...mmitment-6
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
Dr. Sagi Satyanarayana claims to be an Indian Physician. He has lied about his degrees. He has lied about the books he wrote. He had lied about world records. He has faked photographs. I wonder how real his medical credentials are and how safe it is to be one of his patients?
(11-11-2022, 05:54 PM)MichaelGates Wrote: Dr. Sagi Satyanarayana claims to be an Indian Physician. He has lied about his degrees. He has lied about the books he wrote. He had lied about world records. He has faked photographs. I wonder how real his medical credentials are and how safe it is to be one of his patients?

He once played a game of Operation and lost.
ss20ts Wrote:He once played a game of Operation and lost.

LOL, that made me laugh... my kids got that game last year, they still play with it from time to time...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-11-2022, 10:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

LOL, that made me laugh... my kids got that game last year, they still play with it from time to time...

My parents lost the batteries for it when we were kids. LOL
(11-11-2022, 11:08 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 10:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

My parents lost the batteries for it when we were kids. LOL
"Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be surgeons..."  (apologies to Willie and Waylon)  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johann's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-04-2022, 08:19 PM)Johann Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 07:19 PM)MrPanda Wrote: "University of Azteca" doesn´t even make grammatical sense Big Grin

And of course, they wouldn´t have a "PhD in hinduism", they only have a Doctorate in Education.

To me, this "University of" is just regular offbeat South Asian English. I wouldn't read anything else into it. Satyanarayana's story has holes enough without it. I'm positive there are schools on that list he never even saw - and some he never took a single course from - distance or in person. Some of those schools did not require coursework. Payment was enough. I think some may be "flights of fancy," too. I'd really like to see that degree from Stanford. Maybe Stanford would like to see it, too....  Smile

Plenty of universities in the UK are 'universities of...' Or are you just talking about when someone says 'university of' when it should be '.. university'.
International: UK
Future degree:
MSc Criminology & Criminal Psychology - Essex University
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:
BS Health Science 2024 - The University of the People
BSc Open (Health focus) 2023 - The Open University

Degrees completed:

BN Adult Nursing 2020 - Portsmouth University
Credits: Sophia (81)

(11-12-2022, 03:32 AM)debrag Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 07:19 PM)MrPanda Wrote: "University of Azteca" doesn´t even make grammatical sense Big Grin

And of course, they wouldn´t have a "PhD in hinduism", they only have a Doctorate in Education.

To me, this "University of" is just regular offbeat South Asian English. I wouldn't read anything else into it. Satyanarayana's story has holes enough without it. I'm positive there are schools on that list he never even saw - and some he never took a single course from - distance or in person. Some of those schools did not require coursework. Payment was enough. I think some may be "flights of fancy," too. I'd really like to see that degree from Stanford. Maybe Stanford would like to see it, too....  Smile

Plenty of universities in the UK are 'universities of...' Or are you just talking about when someone says 'university of' when it should be '.. university'.

Can't speak for MrPanda. I'm referring to the University of vs. University. That's no big thing to me. India has developed its own brand of English and I don't have a problem with that. It's everywhere, there.
(11-12-2022, 10:29 AM)Johann Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 03:32 AM)debrag Wrote:

Can't speak for MrPanda. I'm referring to the University of vs. University. That's no big thing to me. India has developed its own brand of English and I don't have a problem with that. It's everywhere, there.

I remember when I was at The University of Portsmouth, we got told off if we said Portsmouth University lol
International: UK
Future degree:
MSc Criminology & Criminal Psychology - Essex University
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:
BS Health Science 2024 - The University of the People
BSc Open (Health focus) 2023 - The Open University

Degrees completed:

BN Adult Nursing 2020 - Portsmouth University
Credits: Sophia (81)

[-] The following 1 user Likes debrag's post:
  • Johann

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 7 1,428 09-11-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: wow
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 129 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 546 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  How do you achieve multiple degrees? Ariadne 5 595 08-19-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Twitter freaks out over person with many degrees RbxFunRocks 12 1,105 06-25-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Affordable Online Data Science and Programming Degrees from IIT Madras (India) OtterDen 3 522 06-21-2024, 08:45 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 14 3,489 05-20-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 1,684 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Associate degrees??? midnite123 10 1,214 04-03-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 1,292 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh