Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa
(05-18-2022, 01:36 AM)Kal Di Wrote: When I see a title that includes a group, I never think the video or article is talking about all the people within that group. I always think that it is referring to a subgroup of that group because there are always exceptions. Perception is such an interesting thing!

That is simply not how the English language works. There is no room for you to be correct about this.

(05-18-2022, 01:36 AM)Kal Di Wrote: This is an off-topic forum. My posts are off-topic.

People try very hard on this forum to have worthwhile discussions, on- or off-topic. What you're posting is self-promoting spam.
[-] The following 4 users Like origamishuttle's post:
  • carrythenothing, Flelm, ss20ts, Vle045
I concur with origamishuttle!
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(05-18-2022, 11:17 AM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 01:36 AM)Kal Di Wrote: When I see a title that includes a group, I never think the video or article is talking about all the people within that group. I always think that it is referring to a subgroup of that group because there are always exceptions. Perception is such an interesting thing!

That is simply not how the English language works. There is no room for you to be correct about this.

I don't know if you know the Pew Research Center. If not, it is an organization that media outlets use as a source a lot.

Here is a recent headline. It says "57% of Americans says masks should be required on airplanes and public transportation"
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20...portation/

They should say, "57% of Americans say masks should be required on airplanes and public transportation, survey says"

That's not the published headline though. And many media outlets repeat that same headline as published. Many of them don't disclose that only a few thousand took their survey either.  

I guess those journalists are incredibly, ignorant college graduates. I don't think so.

Or you may think they are intentionally misleading people too. Sometimes, they do. Sometimes, they don't.

Although, there will always be people who say a video or article is misleading. It doesn't mean that it is actually misleading to most people though.
Completed:

Master's Degree, Coaching & Emotional Intelligence, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Business Administration, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Management, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel 1
Professional Certificate, IT Support, Google
Professional Certificate, Cybersecurity Analyst, IBM
Bachelor's Degree, Liberal Studies (Management Minor), University of Maine @ Presque Isle
Honors Certificate, Business Writing, University of Colorado
Certificate, Inclusive Leadership, University of Colorado
Master Herbalist Certification, Academy of Natural Health Sciences

Unreal. You're intentionally being obtuse. This comparison is nonsense. You used a bad clickbait title -- learn from being corrected and move on.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • carrythenothing, ss20ts, Vle045
For those who can find a way to overlook three missing letters, it actually is an interesting video.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 2 users Like SteveFoerster's post:
  • Kal Di, LevelUP
(05-18-2022, 01:54 PM).jsd Wrote: Unreal. You're intentionally being obtuse. This comparison is nonsense. You used a bad clickbait title -- learn from being corrected and move on.

Yes, and needless to say that Pew Research Center is a reputable source with thorough (and publicly available) methodologies ...
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Stupid argument.  They didn’t say “Americans say masks should be required on airplanes and public transportation”.  That would imply ALL Americans say that.  (Just like your title implied “ALL” African Americans).   They quantified it with a percentage.  Stop trying to justify yourself.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • ss20ts
(05-18-2022, 02:07 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote: For those who can find a way to overlook three missing letters, it actually is an interesting video.

Thank you, Steve!
Completed:

Master's Degree, Coaching & Emotional Intelligence, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Business Administration, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Management, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel 1
Professional Certificate, IT Support, Google
Professional Certificate, Cybersecurity Analyst, IBM
Bachelor's Degree, Liberal Studies (Management Minor), University of Maine @ Presque Isle
Honors Certificate, Business Writing, University of Colorado
Certificate, Inclusive Leadership, University of Colorado
Master Herbalist Certification, Academy of Natural Health Sciences

I’m white and I preferred life in Rwanda and would have stayed if it were possible. Ultimately it wasn’t, but that’s okay, because I met my wife after I returned to the states and now I have two children and a wonderful family.

For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tedium's post:
  • k-k-k-katy, Kal Di

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. Congress Passes a TikTok Ban Bill Which Sets Americans on Course for Civil War LevelUP 24 1,386 03-23-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Ares
  AI's take on how Europeans perceive Americans LevelUP 0 208 12-22-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Happy Mother's Day! Life is Good! Vanity Update Charles Fout 4 666 10-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
Video A Modern Movie That Shows the Brutal Life of Communism LevelUP 1 532 04-10-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  “Karen” threatens to call cops on a braai in South Africa Personherebb9 3 1,085 12-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Sad My Whole Life Was a Lie LevelUP 10 4,011 07-24-2022, 05:52 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  3 Reasons Why Americans Leave California (And Where They Go..) Kal Di 5 802 06-28-2022, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Kal Di
  A Conversation About Inflation, Life Abroad, and Education Kal Di 0 532 05-31-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Kal Di
  Living the Good Life on $24,000 a Year? Retire in Your 20’s or 30’s? LevelUP 34 5,741 03-26-2022, 12:28 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  How to Minimize Inflation in Your Life Kal Di 16 1,524 03-24-2022, 08:43 PM
Last Post: ashkir