Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50's Couple Live Permanently on a Cruise Ship Because It’s Cheaper Than a Mortgage
A married couple in their 50's sold their home so they could permanently live on cruise ships for less than $43 a day.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cruise-s...age-2022-5
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Kal Di
Is this the prequel to WALL-E?
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • rachel83az
(05-18-2022, 06:12 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: Is this the prequel to WALL-E?

Or Gilligan's Island?  Smile

I'm not crazy about the idea. You're a captive consumer to the food. How many stories have you heard of food poisoning going through these ships? You eat it every day for a long time and you increase the odds. Plus, on cruises, people tend to eat at buffets, consume too much and eat the wrong types of food. Do enough of that and maybe you get into a medical emergency and have to be put ashore on Rarotonga or some such place for an emergency operation.....

And how many cruises have Norwalk and other Noroviruses ruined???

Not for me.... A week or two -- fine. Back in the day (1950s) I crossed the Atlantic three times and enjoyed every minute - even in a gale. But those were 5-6 day voyages. Long-term, no way.
[-] The following 2 users Like Johann's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
Plus what do you do in 20-30 years when a.) the prices have increased substantially and b.) you maybe can't get around that well? Or, heaven forbid, you start developing something like Alzheimer's or Parkinson's? At least if you pay a standard mortgage, your payments remain steady while your equity increases. You could sell your home in 20-30 years and use that equity to live in an elder care center, retirement home, etc.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Johann, ss20ts
After a while you run out of places to keep all those little umbrellas
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • jsd
As much as my wife and I enjoy each other’s company. I think we’d kill each other if we had to permanently share a 150 square foot cabin. Probably within a month. Lol. No thank you.
[-] The following 3 users Like Pats20's post:
  • Johann, rachel83az, ss20ts
How many cruises are $43 a day? It's like those cruises are back to back. At some point you'll have to get yourself to another port. The rooms are like the size of a shoebox. You can never have a home cooked meal. You have to get rid of everything you own or pay to keep it in storage which seems silly. I imagine it would get old and boring after months at sea. What do you do when you need serious medical care or annual testing?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cruise Advice/Other Travel Suggestions burbuja0512 5 1,422 03-19-2024, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Chimera
  Yesterday, April 20, 2023, a date which will live in infamy: Twitter blue checkmarks nuked LevelUP 19 823 09-06-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
Video Tetris: A Modern Movie That Shows the How People Had to Live in the Soviet Union. LevelUP 1 563 04-10-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Student Loan Forgiveness Application is Live ashkir 0 5,311 10-14-2022, 10:25 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Live by the sword . . . Alpha 2 532 05-18-2022, 03:31 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  I Live In an 80 Sqft Apartment for $385/Month in Downtown Manhattan! LevelUP 17 1,795 03-28-2022, 02:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  House Hacking: How Financially Savvy People Live in Expensive Markets LevelUP 4 824 03-05-2022, 02:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  live stream of Volcanic eruption in Iceland bluebooger 2 867 03-21-2021, 05:42 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Gonzaga U and Shorelight announce p’ship bjcheung77 1 768 10-16-2020, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Oscar Pistorius: Judge Delivering Verdict Live Saharapost 7 1,303 09-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Last Post: LaterBloomer