Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa
Many people wonder why African Americans prefer life in Africa. So, I talked to an expat couple that lives in Tanzania.

Completed:

Master's Degree, Coaching & Emotional Intelligence, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Business Administration, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Management, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel 1
Professional Certificate, IT Support, Google
Professional Certificate, Cybersecurity Analyst, IBM
Bachelor's Degree, Liberal Studies (Management Minor), University of Maine @ Presque Isle
Honors Certificate, Business Writing, University of Colorado
Certificate, Inclusive Leadership, University of Colorado
Master Herbalist Certification, Academy of Natural Health Sciences

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kal Di's post:
  • SteveFoerster
I did not watch the entire 65 minutes of this interview but I would suggest that this couple does not represent all African Americans in this matter as is suggested by your title.
(05-16-2022, 01:05 PM)Alpha Wrote: I did not watch the entire 65 minutes of this interview but I would suggest that this couple does not represent all African Americans in this matter as is suggested by your title.

The title was not "Why All African Americans Prefer Life in Africa". It was "Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa", which means at least two or more African Americans.
Completed:

Bachelor's Degree, Liberal Studies (Management Minor), University of Maine @ Presque Isle

(05-16-2022, 01:18 PM)Kal Di Wrote: The title was not "Why All African Americans Prefer Life in Africa". It was "Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa", which means at least two or more African Americans.

Rolleyes

EDIT: Be on the lookout for my video, "Why White Americans Hate Mayonnaise", based on the tastes of me and my brother.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 5 users Like Flelm's post:
  • carrythenothing, origamishuttle, Stacie, TINASAM, Vle045
(05-16-2022, 01:18 PM)Kal Di Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 01:05 PM)Alpha Wrote: I did not watch the entire 65 minutes of this interview but I would suggest that this couple does not represent all African Americans in this matter as is suggested by your title.

The title was not "Why All African Americans Prefer Life in Africa". It was "Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa", which means at least two or more African Americans.

When you say "Why African Americans prefer..." the "all" is implied.
[-] The following 3 users Like Alpha's post:
  • jsd, origamishuttle, ss20ts
Adding a word like "some" or "these" because you're talking with specific people would be better because the "all" is implied in the wording of the title.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
This guy just posts these videos on here so he can get more clicks on his YouTube Channel.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 7 users Like Vle045's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, Flelm, Johann, jsd, origamishuttle, ss20ts, TINASAM
(05-17-2022, 02:28 PM)Vle045 Wrote: This guy just posts these videos on here so he can get more clicks on his YouTube Channel.

Yeah, they should really all be contained to one thread if they're going to be allowed.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • origamishuttle, ss20ts, Vle045
I have no problem with Kal posting his stuff on the board, and in any case, it's not my call.  But if you're going to post to a discussion board then you can't be surprised if you get comments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • ss20ts
(05-17-2022, 01:32 PM)Alpha Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 01:18 PM)Kal Di Wrote:

When you say "Why African Americans prefer..." the "all" is implied.

(05-17-2022, 01:40 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Adding a word like "some" or "these" because you're talking with specific people would be better because the "all" is implied in the wording of the title.

When I see a title that includes a group, I never think the video or article is talking about all the people within that group. I always think that it is referring to a subgroup of that group because there are always exceptions. Perception is such an interesting thing!

(05-17-2022, 03:01 PM)jsd Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 02:28 PM)Vle045 Wrote: This guy just posts these videos on here so he can get more clicks on his YouTube Channel.

Yeah, they should really all be contained to one thread if they're going to be allowed.

This is an off-topic forum. My posts are off-topic.

(05-17-2022, 05:20 PM)Alpha Wrote: If you're going to post to a discussion board then you can't be surprised if you get comments.

I enjoy comments!
Completed:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AI's take on how Europeans perceive Americans LevelUP 0 237 12-22-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Happy Mother's Day! Life is Good! Vanity Update Charles Fout 4 698 10-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  “Karen” threatens to call cops on a braai in South Africa Personherebb9 3 1,119 12-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Sad My Whole Life Was a Lie LevelUP 10 4,180 07-24-2022, 05:52 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  3 Reasons Why Americans Leave California (And Where They Go..) Kal Di 5 832 06-28-2022, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Kal Di
  A Conversation About Inflation, Life Abroad, and Education Kal Di 0 548 05-31-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Kal Di
  Living the Good Life on $24,000 a Year? Retire in Your 20’s or 30’s? LevelUP 34 5,892 03-26-2022, 12:28 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  How to Minimize Inflation in Your Life Kal Di 16 1,604 03-24-2022, 08:43 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Life After Career Switch Alpha 1 705 03-04-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Great Resignation - Better Balance of Life & Work? bjcheung77 5 1,023 01-30-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: uncapentin