Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa (/Thread-Why-African-Americans-Prefer-Life-in-Africa)

Pages: 1 2

Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa - Kal Di - 05-15-2022

Many people wonder why African Americans prefer life in Africa. So, I talked to an expat couple that lives in Tanzania.

RE: Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa - Alpha - 05-16-2022

I did not watch the entire 65 minutes of this interview but I would suggest that this couple does not represent all African Americans in this matter as is suggested by your title.

RE: Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa - Kal Di - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 01:05 PM)Alpha Wrote: I did not watch the entire 65 minutes of this interview but I would suggest that this couple does not represent all African Americans in this matter as is suggested by your title.

The title was not "Why All African Americans Prefer Life in Africa". It was "Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa", which means at least two or more African Americans.

RE: Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa - Flelm - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 01:18 PM)Kal Di Wrote: The title was not "Why All African Americans Prefer Life in Africa". It was "Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa", which means at least two or more African Americans.

Rolleyes

EDIT: Be on the lookout for my video, "Why White Americans Hate Mayonnaise", based on the tastes of me and my brother.

RE: Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa - Alpha - 05-17-2022

(05-16-2022, 01:18 PM)Kal Di Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 01:05 PM)Alpha Wrote: I did not watch the entire 65 minutes of this interview but I would suggest that this couple does not represent all African Americans in this matter as is suggested by your title.

The title was not "Why All African Americans Prefer Life in Africa". It was "Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa", which means at least two or more African Americans.

When you say "Why African Americans prefer..." the "all" is implied.

RE: Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa - ss20ts - 05-17-2022

Adding a word like "some" or "these" because you're talking with specific people would be better because the "all" is implied in the wording of the title.

RE: Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa - Vle045 - 05-17-2022

This guy just posts these videos on here so he can get more clicks on his YouTube Channel.

RE: Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa - jsd - 05-17-2022

(05-17-2022, 02:28 PM)Vle045 Wrote: This guy just posts these videos on here so he can get more clicks on his YouTube Channel.

Yeah, they should really all be contained to one thread if they're going to be allowed.

RE: Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa - Alpha - 05-17-2022

I have no problem with Kal posting his stuff on the board, and in any case, it's not my call.  But if you're going to post to a discussion board then you can't be surprised if you get comments.

RE: Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa - Kal Di - 05-18-2022

(05-17-2022, 01:32 PM)Alpha Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 01:18 PM)Kal Di Wrote:

When you say "Why African Americans prefer..." the "all" is implied.

(05-17-2022, 01:40 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Adding a word like "some" or "these" because you're talking with specific people would be better because the "all" is implied in the wording of the title.

When I see a title that includes a group, I never think the video or article is talking about all the people within that group. I always think that it is referring to a subgroup of that group because there are always exceptions. Perception is such an interesting thing!

(05-17-2022, 03:01 PM)jsd Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 02:28 PM)Vle045 Wrote: This guy just posts these videos on here so he can get more clicks on his YouTube Channel.

Yeah, they should really all be contained to one thread if they're going to be allowed.

This is an off-topic forum. My posts are off-topic.

(05-17-2022, 05:20 PM)Alpha Wrote: If you're going to post to a discussion board then you can't be surprised if you get comments.

I enjoy comments!