Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working on Pierpont AAS
You can find the cost below:
https://www.tamuc.edu/cbe/cost/

Click on the degree of interest like BAAS Organizational Leadership.
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • Ariadne
OH! Thank you!Smile
(02-22-2024, 10:42 PM)Ariadne Wrote: OH! Thank you!Smile

And here is the wiki plan page to max out transfer into it (to keep your costs down to minimum) - TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • origamishuttle
Anyone know how to set my signature here? I've looked all over the control panel, profile, bio etc. and I can't find where I add to it.
(02-23-2024, 12:22 PM)Ariadne Wrote: Anyone know how to set my signature here? I've looked all over the control panel, profile, bio etc. and I can't find where I add to it.

You need one more post, but follow these steps mentioned in this thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...phy-Online
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-23-2024, 12:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 12:22 PM)Ariadne Wrote: Anyone know how to set my signature here? I've looked all over the control panel, profile, bio etc. and I can't find where I add to it.

You need one more post, but follow these steps mentioned in this thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...phy-Online

Brilliant, thanks!

A couple more questions regarding which school to pursue next: Is a BA or BS a better choice, or does it matter? Is an "applied science" Bachelor's seen as "lesser" than another type of degree?

I have UMPI, A&M Commerce, and possibly Excelsior or another school as possibilities but which would be best considering I'm pretty disinterested in Business studies? I feel like it would be more of a struggle to tackle that many business topics, but I could get through it if it's the cheapest and fastest path. So the Organizational Leadership looks very good considering the price in that respect.

If Excelsior accepts up to 113 credits and I can get near to that with Study.com and Sophia etc. would that be cost effective to take the last few with them?

Or is A&M really my best choice here with limited budget? I was awarded something like 2500 dollars in financial aid but didn't use it because I opted for Sophia for my remaining credits for the Pierpont AAS. Now that I'm looking at going for the Bachelor's I'm going to need to factor that in again and apply for maybe summer semester or fall this year to give myself a bit of time to work on credits before I attend the classes at the school.

Hope I'm making sense!

You've all been amazingly helpful, thank you so much!
Question: "A couple more questions regarding which school to pursue next: Is a BA or BS a better choice, or does it matter? Is an "applied science" Bachelor's seen as "lesser" than another type of degree?"

It really depends on the person, if you're younger and have no certs/experience, then a BA/BS in a specific domain/subject area is better. If you're well rounded and of an older age, with certs/experience within your field of study, then you can have a quick 'check the box' degree.

Question: I have UMPI, A&M Commerce, and possibly Excelsior or another school as possibilities but which would be best considering I'm pretty disinterested in Business studies? Question: Or is A&M really my best choice here with limited budget?

Yes, TAMUC is the first choice, UMPI second, Excelsior third. If you want to try South Texas College CBE, it'll jump to second choice and leap frog UMPI and Excelsior. Here's a list: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...d_Programs

Question: If Excelsior accepts up to 113 credits and I can get near to that with Study.com and Sophia etc. would that be cost effective to take the last few with them?
No, I would not go with them, the Excelsior Capstone itself is equal work, if not more, than the entire 30 credits for UMPI/TAMUC or probably South Texas College CBE classes.

Here's a read: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ation-Woes
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hmm yeah that makes sense to go with TAMUC . I looked on Study.com and they wanted me to choose a school and I tried to put TAMUC  in but it didn't have the Commerce one in the list. I'm not sure if I am signing up for Study.com if I *have to* input a school right away or whether the credits I earn will transfer to TAMUC . Was I supposed to choose Texas A&M in the list only, or is TAMUC a special subset or a different school? I don't know how that is viewed in terms of transferring stuff from Study.com or other sites like it.

Thanks!
(02-25-2024, 07:47 PM)Ariadne Wrote: Hmm yeah that makes sense to go with TAMUC . I looked on Study.com and they wanted me to choose a school and I tried to put TAMUC  in but it didn't have the Commerce one in the list. I'm not sure if I am signing up for Study.com if I *have to* input a school right away or whether the credits I earn will transfer to TAMUC . Was I supposed to choose Texas A&M in the list only, or is TAMUC a special subset or a different school? I don't know how that is viewed in terms of transferring stuff from Study.com or other sites like it.

Thanks!

As mentioned on the Wiki, TAMUC does not currently have a partner agreement with Study, so it is not entirely known how credits from Study come in - see note under "Communication" requirement.
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • Ariadne
(02-20-2024, 03:32 AM)Ariadne Wrote: My question, for though who may know -- if I want to pursue a Bachelor's in Psychology, what would be the best school to take this AAS to and continue my schooling? I don't have a lot of money and it will probably take a bit longer for me but that's ok. 

Is it possible to even get a Bachelor's at this point for less than say, 5000 dollars? Or should I be budgeting for more? Really out of my element on the tuition.

Thanks everyone!

The cheapest and quickest college for a Bachelor's in Psychology is UMPI.  It will cost $1500 or $3000 depending if you can complete the degree in one or two terms.

UMPI Bachelor's in Psychology degree plan

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan

Keep knocking out courses on Sophia, and then you will only need two courses on Study.com before you are ready to enroll in UMPI.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Ariadne, jg_nuy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 12 490 Yesterday, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 176 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 559 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 983 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 763 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 812 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 840 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 704 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,166 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,817 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares