Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG
I recently applied to Pierpont for the BOG AAS and was accepted. I sent in my transcipts from Credly and some additional transcripts from prior classes taken at other colleges.

I sent out a message to Nancy asking for any additional info needed for my degree evaluation or requirements. 

She said to wait 2 weeks for an update and after waiting for this time, I sent another email asking for any updates.

During this time, I have not seen any sort of credits added to my ROAR account or showing in degreeworks from the student portal.

Nancy replied saying I needed to apply and be accepted to the school and send transcripts. I told her I had already done so and have not heard back again.

Am I missing a step here or just being impatient?
(03-25-2024, 03:10 PM)tdat314 Wrote: I recently applied to Pierpont for the BOG AAS and was accepted. I sent in my transcipts from Credly and some additional transcripts from prior classes taken at other colleges.

I sent out a message to Nancy asking for any additional info needed for my degree evaluation or requirements. 

She said to wait 2 weeks for an update and after waiting for this time, I sent another email asking for any updates.

During this time, I have not seen any sort of credits added to my ROAR account or showing in degreeworks from the student portal.

Nancy replied saying I needed to apply and be accepted to the school and send transcripts. I told her I had already done so and have not heard back again.

You likely have just not given them enough time to process the transcript. It is possible that the information you gave Credly doesn't match the info you gave Pierpont? Schools generally matche up transcripts with students through email or SSN or some other identifying info on the transcript.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(03-25-2024, 04:25 PM)davewill Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 03:10 PM)tdat314 Wrote: I recently applied to Pierpont for the BOG AAS and was accepted. I sent in my transcipts from Credly and some additional transcripts from prior classes taken at other colleges.

You likely have just not given them enough time to process the transcript. It is possible that the information you gave Credly doesn't match the info you gave Pierpont? Schools generally matches up transcripts with students through email or SSN or some other identifying info on the transcript.

I am probably rushing them on things. I was excited to find something I could finish completely at my own pace.

I'll give it a few more days.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.
Lisa nor Nancy handle the transcripts, Lisa is the assistant registrar, she make sure your academic evaluation hits all requirements before it goes to processing. Nancy is the program director, the main contact person for the program, and again, neither does the handling of your transcripts. You've not provided any hard dates on when you applied, sent transcripts, etc, without knowing dates, it's somewhat confusing and impossible to gauge how far everything has gone... Review the sticky thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t-Contacts
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It took my transcripts a long time to get processed and posted. Then magically one day they popped up, Nancy sent me an email telling me what I was missing and how to satisfy the program requirements, and then Lisa jumped in and walked me through the graduation process. I'm all set to graduate this May.

Just give them a bit of time, I think they've gotten themselves quite busy as of late. Expect a few months.

To give you a timeline, my transcripts were received January 19. I checked in with Nancy every two weeks per her instructions. Some of my credits were posted February 19. The rest took until March 18. Lisa walked me through the hard copy graduation application before the deadline of March 15 so I would graduate on-time. Nancy completed my audit on March 21, told me what I was missing and everything was completed March 22.
Yeah I've applied a month and they've only accepted my ACE credits and not the CC credits. So something is wrong on their end.
CC: 42 credits
Sophia: 22 Credits
Study: 6 credits
SL: 18 credits
The Institutes: 2 credits
(04-16-2024, 06:37 PM)dm.hans32 Wrote: It took my transcripts a long time to get processed and posted. Then magically one day they popped up, Nancy sent me an email telling me what I was missing and how to satisfy the program requirements, and then Lisa jumped in and walked me through the graduation process. I'm all set to graduate this May.

Just give them a bit of time, I think they've gotten themselves quite busy as of late. Expect a few months.

To give you a timeline, my transcripts were received January 19. I checked in with Nancy every two weeks per her instructions. Some of my credits were posted February 19. The rest took until March 18. Lisa walked me through the hard copy graduation application before the deadline of March 15 so I would graduate on-time. Nancy completed my audit on March 21, told me what I was missing and everything was completed March 22.

Thanks for this info. It's good to have some more solid timeline expectations. Not that I think the guide on this process is bad, but there is a sense of immediacy with a lot of the steps and the waiting for eval is not a super defined thing.

(04-16-2024, 06:52 PM)gamebradie Wrote: Yeah I've applied a month and they've only accepted my ACE credits and not the CC credits. So something is wrong on their end.

Are you seeing those ACE credits on the Roar - unofficial transcript area?

I haven't seen anything at all.

I actually called them not too long ago, maybe a week, and just confirmed that they had received my stuff, but i haven't reached out again for fear of annoying someone.

It just seems to take a long time, probably due to demand as the popularity of the program has grown. I was anxious about this as well and couldn't find anything concrete on the timeline. I also felt like maybe I missed something. The message about applying from Nancy seems odd; if you can log into ROAR surely you are set there. 

I applied at the end of January and had all of my transcripts (ACE via Credly, and previous college courses via the National Student Clearinghouse) sent by Jan 31st. On Feb 25th, I emailed Nancy because nothing was showing in ROAR, and I was worried. She checked and said they received everything, but they were still processing it all. 

On March 15th, I emailed again because the ACE credits finally showed up on ROAR at the beginning of March, but my regular college courses still weren't showing, and March 15th was the deadline to apply for May graduation.  

Nancy replied that I could go ahead and apply for graduation because the application was due, and my credits could catch up because we had until the end of the term to get the credits sorted. She helped me get my application in and accepted. My regular college transcripts finally showed up in ROAR toward the end of March, and now I'm all set for May graduation. Try not to worry too much; they should show up soon!
That's right, at the end of the day, it's a waiting game for everything to come through, that is why when you read my posts on the sticky thread for Pierpont, you want to make sure everything you have is done, apply, send transcripts, and apply for graduation, wait for confirmation...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 12 485 Yesterday, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 175 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
  One Credit Search Is a NIGHTMARE writergirlLA 11 1,701 04-16-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 980 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 761 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 810 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 838 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Credit sufficiency for Pierpoint BOG Degree w/ AoE in IS DEPY 6 519 03-17-2024, 11:55 AM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 704 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,159 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM