Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program
Hi all,

I am interested in enrolling in the Pierpont BOG AAS Program, as i study in degreeforum, Pierpont BOG AAS Program is meet with my budget, but I am also open to attending any online accredited institution. My primary goal is to pursue the most efficient path towards obtaining a bachelor's degree, as this will significantly broaden my career opportunities in the workplace. It is crucial to me that the program I choose is accredited by the relevant state or local government authority of the college's location. I have been informed by Malaysia's MQA that validation is only recognized for programs accredited by the state or local government of the college's location, which is essential for recognition in my home country.

Thank you,

Your Location: Malaysia
Your Age: 30
What kind of degree do you want?: Pierpont BOG AAS Program in mechatronic / Engineering program  or IT program or other online program (attached a image replied from Nancy that mentioned Pierpont BOG AAS Program is accepted international students.)

Current Regional Accredited Credits: 
I think my education is non-credit transfer program to other country bcuz all the credit i collect from my home country is under TVET program.
Attached a link for your reference.
https://asem-education.org/compendiums/m...2Dlearning.

ENEB
Master in Project Management, Graduated Year 2023

CIAST Shah Alam Total Credits: 60 (Malaysia Credit)
Diploma in TVET-i, Graduated Year 2016

ADTEC Shah Alam Total Credits: 60 (Malaysia Credit) 
Diploma in Technology Mechatronic, Graduated Year 2015

ILP Pedas Total Credits: 30 (Malaysia Credit) 
Certificate in Technology Mechatronic, Graduate Year 2014

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 0

Any certifications or military experience? Google Cybersecurity 

Budget: USD 1k+

Commitments: I currently work full time and can work on my studies part time, i am looking fully online program.

Dedicated time to study: Estimate 10-12 hours every week.

Timeline: 3 - 12 months 

Tuition assistance/reimbursement: No

Attached Files
.png   emailfromnancy.png (Size: 14.89 KB / Downloads: 44)
[-] The following 1 user Likes weelun's post:
  • Pikachu
@weelun, Welcome to the board.  That's a great initial post with the addendum and template, plus the additional info advising us of the Pierpont BOG AAS!  OMG! Let the flood gates open! <getting my cousins in Canada to get theirs as they're going to apply to UMPI for the BLS, now is the chance to get the BAS instead of BLS>  I sent Nancy an email way back in 2020 asking if Canadians can get it... but the answer was a No.  See picture attachment...

And to answer your question, yes, you can do the Pierpont BOG AAS with an emphasis of your choice.  I would ladder that to the UMPI BAS with a minor or two and the 3-4 classes that can transfer into the MAOL later down the road when you can afford it.  I wouldn't stop at the Pierpont BOG AAS, your ENEB should equate to a Bachelors/Grad Cert depending on who you choose to have it evaluated.  It'll be weird going from BOG AAS to Grad Cert, unless you get another ENEB and have it evaluated to Bachelors, if that is the case, you can skip the UMPI BAS and MAOL altogether.

Attached Files
.png   Pierpont BOG AAS 2020.png (Size: 46.1 KB / Downloads: 37)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-22-2024, 01:43 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @weelun, Welcome to the board.  That's a great initial post with the addendum and template, plus the additional info advising us of the Pierpont BOG AAS!  OMG! Let the flood gates open! <getting my cousins in Canada to get theirs as they're going to apply to UMPI for the BLS, now is the chance to get the BAS instead of BLS>  I sent Nancy an email way back in 2020 asking if Canadians can get it... but the answer was a No.  See picture attachment...

And to answer your question, yes, you can do the Pierpont BOG AAS with an emphasis of your choice.  I would ladder that to the UMPI BAS with a minor or two and the 3-4 classes that can transfer into the MAOL later down the road when you can afford it.  I wouldn't stop at the Pierpont BOG AAS, your ENEB should equate to a Bachelors/Grad Cert depending on who you choose to have it evaluated.  It'll be weird going from BOG AAS to Grad Cert, unless you get another ENEB and have it evaluated to Bachelors, if that is the case, you can skip the UMPI BAS and MAOL altogether.

Thank you for your advice on future study suggestions.

I want to emphasize that I have received information from Malaysia's MQA (Malaysia Qualification Agency) that in Malaysia, only programs accredited by the local government of the college's location are recognized. Therefore, qualifications from ENEB may not be considered official qualifications in my country, so i need plan to having a BOG AAS first.

I am interested in knowing if there are any BOG AAS plans available for me to refer to, which would enable me to earn credits through Sophia.org or other platforms to reduce costs. 

Below link is the tuition fees for pierpont, is a bit out of my budget if i take all courses from Pierpont.
https://www.pierpont.edu/cost-aid/cost/tuition/.
This is amazing news for international students!

While you're not planning on going to UMPI, you can use https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan to fill out the general education requirements portion of a Pierpont BOG AAS. But there are other class choices listed at https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC

Of particular interest to you will probably be https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...f_Emphasis You can see which AoEs are known to be possible for this degree. The easiest AoE to get would be Information Systems via the Google IT Support Professional certificate, but you need to see if another one might work better for you.

Then there is the 1-credit ASU class for $25. That'll be cheaper/easier than getting your ENEB Master evaluated for Pierpont.

Gen eds + AoE + 1 credit class = 31 credits. The remaining 29 or 30 credits can be literally anything from Saylor, Sophia, or Coursera that hasn't already been used in the gen eds & AoE. If you're able to do Coursera certificates quickly, doing two or three certificates may be the cheapest way to fill these remaining credits: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

You do not have to take any classes at Pierpont itself.

Total estimated costs would be:

Using Saylor:

$130 - Pierpont enrollment fees
$25 - 5 Saylor exams
$25 - 1-credit ASU class
$120 - 2 months of Coursera (may be less, depending on completion speed)
-------
$300 total

Using Sophia:

$130 - Pierpont enrollment fees
$200 - 2 months of Sophia.org to get gen eds + elective credit
$25 - 1-credit ASU class
$59 - 1 month of Coursera for Google IT Support Professional certificate
-------
$414 total

Depending on which AoE you ultimately choose and the speed at which you study, costs may be different. Some AoEs require Study.com classes, for instance.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
weelun Wrote:Thank you for your advice on future study suggestions.

I want to emphasize that I have received information from Malaysia's MQA (Malaysia Qualification Agency) that in Malaysia, only programs accredited by the local government of the college's location are recognized. Therefore, qualifications from ENEB may not be considered official qualifications in my country, so i need plan to having a BOG AAS first.

I am interested in knowing if there are any BOG AAS plans available for me to refer to, which would enable me to earn credits through Sophia.org or other platforms to reduce costs. 

Below link is the tuition fees for pierpont, is a bit out of my budget if i take all courses from Pierpont.
https://www.pierpont.edu/cost-aid/cost/tuition/.

@Weelun, Hey, let's get a little bit more details and I'll explain what I meant earlier... BTW, where in Malaysia are you in? I've been to Malaysia several times over the years, and always to West Malaysia as I head over to Singapore often (never been to the East Malaysia side though, like Kuching or Kota Kinabalu).

For now... Basically... You can read Rachel83AZ's post again, there are several links with detailed info on the degree plan for BOG AAS and an emphasis option of your choice. There are no additional tuition fees for Pierpont as you're not taking anything there, you'll be transferring everything into the BOG AAS degree.

Note: You should get the ASU class and all the Sophia.org classes that do not have any touchstones towards the BOG AAS as it'll be cheaper, easier, faster, as you can complete quizzes/exams all open book without touchstones (no assignments/grading delays). Having said that, I would then spend some time on those that have touchstones for laddering to UMPI BAS.

To elaborate my post #2, you go the BOG AAS first, ladder to UMPI BAS, then MAOL route when you're ready. Having said that, I mentioned ENEB may be evaluated as a Bachelors/Grad cert, these can go towards the BAS/MAOL if they allow additional transfers to the MAOL, or if you get evaluations from MQA that can use them as Level 7 towards a Masters locally in Malaysia.

Finally, you need to get all the TVET evaluations completed, as these are Technical and Vocational Education and Training that is required for the 40+ technical credits used for the UMPI BAS degree, without the 40+ tech credits, you're leaving out vital foreign credits that may bite you in the behind later on. These Level 3-4-5 are the first/second/third year of a Bachelors. Easy eh?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I thought the Pierpont was only for a first degree and OP shows an ENEB master degree in the signature??
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - May 2025
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

Yeah, I wouldn't get the ENEB degree evaluated as anything except a graduate certificate, if one wants to transfer it to Pierpont. But OP doesn't have an accredited American degree yet, so Pierpont is fine.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Is Pierpont open to international students? For some reason I thought it wasn't.
Nancy said it is, so it's certainly worth a shot! They just won't sponsor a visa. But neither does UMPI YourPace, so that's fine.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
I found the 2024 info of the Pierpoint AAS: https://catalog.pierpont.edu/preview_pro...urnto=1482
looks like is one for each year. this should be the last one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 12 485 Yesterday, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 175 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 555 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 761 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 810 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 838 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 704 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,159 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,815 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,402 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP