Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont price hike
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I contacted at Pierpont to accertain whether international students are admissible to the BOG program (good news we are) and to ask about the various fees and costs for the degree. She replied to me and I quote:

"Beginning Fall 2024 there is a $350 fee for transcript review. This is the only associated fee."

Does anyone have more information?
I have no insight but that seems completely reasonable to me.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • jch, ss20ts
I agree that it is completely reasonable (less than the price some universities charge for a single credit) but I would like to know whether the $350 fee includes the $130 new student fee that is mentioned in the wiki.
(03-26-2024, 06:04 AM)NOX Wrote: Hello everyone,

Yesterday I contacted at Pierpont to accertain whether international students are admissible to the BOG program (good news we are) and to ask about the various fees and costs for the degree. She replied to me and I quote:

"Beginning Fall 2024 there is a $350 fee for transcript review. This is the only associated fee."

I honestly do not understand why International students are admissible to the program unless it is to increase enrollment numbers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ares's post:
  • ss20ts
(03-26-2024, 06:14 AM)Ares Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 06:04 AM)NOX Wrote: Hello everyone,

I honestly do not understand why International students are admissible to the program unless it is to increase enrollment numbers.

You are probably correct. Taking into consideration the new transcript review fee it seems like they found a new avenue for funding.
NOX Wrote:I agree that it is completely reasonable (less than the price some universities charge for a single credit) but I would like to know whether the $350 fee includes the $130 new student fee that is mentioned in the wiki.

From reading the info Nancy sent earlier, I think they're making... "This is the only associated fee."
That means, for BOG students, the only fee would be $350. To make sure, you may want to reply back to Nancy to confirm.
Report back as the $130 New Student Fee is for everyone who applies to Pierpont, not just the BOG applicants.

Ares Wrote:I honestly do not understand why International students are admissible to the program unless it is to increase enrollment numbers.

I just moved the corresponding thread into the Pierpont sub forum: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...AS-Program
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I hope it's $350 for all transcripts and not $350 per transcript, as Excelsior can be.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
I just received a reply from Nancy at Perpont. It appears that the $350 fee includes the previous $130 new student fee.
Still the cheapest Associate degree around. Just not as cheap as it used to be.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 6 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • CatsDomino, indigoshuffle, jch, NEden1998, origamishuttle, ss20ts
(03-26-2024, 06:14 AM)Ares Wrote: I honestly do not understand why International students are admissible to the program unless it is to increase enrollment numbers.

Since there is pretty much 100% graduation rate among enrolled BOG students, it creates some sweet stats.  High success rate and high number of graduates.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old Guy's post:
  • CatsDomino, rachel83az, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 12 506 04-26-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 177 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 561 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 988 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 765 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 815 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 704 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,171 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,819 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,405 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP