Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont?
Was curious if anyone had any issues with transferring actual college credits over to Pierpont for the BOG degree.

I started the process of applying for a BOG degree. I submitted my transcripts from the University of Louisiana system from 2001, they all transferred fine.
I also transferred in about 80 Sophia credits, which also seemed to transfer fine.

I interacted with Nancy Parks - she told me I was good to go and I filled out my application for graduation. However, the next day she informed me there was an oversight and my GPA from 20 years ago was not quite 2.00, which was the threshold for graduation. 

In order to pump up my GPA, I enrolled in ASU's Universal Learner courses, and took CIS 194 for 1 Semester Credit, and SOC 101 for 3 Semester Credits.

I got A's in both, which will easily raise me above 2.0. I had to wait 6 weeks for ASU to transcript my grades and I paid my 400 to transcript the SOC 101 class (CIS 194 was transcripted for free as part of a promotion).

I paid another 15 bucks for Parchment to send the transcript. However, Pierpont is not adding my Sociology class to my transcript.

I am going to reach out to Nancy Parks tomorrow - but I am hoping someone else might have gone through this and has some insight.
I cannot imagine they would not accept the transfer credit - I'm hoping it was an oversight.

Thanks for the help in advance!
(02-28-2024, 10:30 PM)Gumbeaux Wrote: Was curious if anyone had any issues with transferring actual college credits over to Pierpont for the BOG degree.

I started the process of applying for a BOG degree. I submitted my transcripts from the University of Louisiana system from 2001, they all transferred fine.
I also transferred in about 80 Sophia credits, which also seemed to transfer fine.

I interacted with Nancy Parks - she told me I was good to go and I filled out my application for graduation. However, the next day she informed me there was an oversight and my GPA from 20 years ago was not quite 2.00, which was the threshold for graduation. 

In order to pump up my GPA, I enrolled in ASU's Universal Learner courses, and took CIS 194 for 1 Semester Credit, and SOC 101 for 3 Semester Credits.

I got A's in both, which will easily raise me above 2.0. I had to wait 6 weeks for ASU to transcript my grades and I paid my 400 to transcript the SOC 101 class (CIS 194 was transcripted for free as part of a promotion).

I paid another 15 bucks for Parchment to send the transcript. However, Pierpont is not adding my Sociology class to my transcript.

I am going to reach out to Nancy Parks tomorrow - but I am hoping someone else might have gone through this and has some insight.
I cannot imagine they would not accept the transfer credit - I'm hoping it was an oversight.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Nancy will be your best bet.  She'll look at your transcript and get the registrar's office involved to make sure your earned classes are added correctly.  It may take a few days, however.
In Progress:
West Virginia University, RBA Political Science and Economics double minor

Complete:
Pierpont C&TC, AAS BOG Information Systems '23
Thanks!

I did not know ASU would sandbag the transcripting of self-paced 3-credit courses for 6 weeks after completion,
so I'm getting antsy since the deadline for graduation approval is in 2 weeks!
I recently had an issue with Pierpont not processing some of my transcripts, and credits not showing up as a result. I contacted the registrar, who told me that they recently had to take some unexpected leave and things got backed up as a result. If you have any concerns email Nancy or the registrar and they'll sort you out.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Your classes should all be part of one transcript as both classes are from ASU, Pierpont may have just finished one class and haven't evaluated the other, here's the contact details for either individual or both if you want to email them for assistance: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t-Contacts
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
Pierpont only has 3 members on the registrar staff and it may take some time to process.
I’ve sent my Sophia credits over parchment electronically and over Credly and just now sent in my ASU 1 credit transcript over parchment in paper copy. Will Nancy parks and Pierpont receive and process within 2 weeks. As there is a March 15 due date
(02-29-2024, 02:45 PM)Dutchdream Wrote: I’ve sent my Sophia credits over parchment electronically and over Credly and just now sent in my ASU 1 credit transcript over parchment in paper copy. Will Nancy parks and Pierpont receive and process within 2 weeks. As there is a March 15 due date

Yes, they'll receive it right away, it just takes them time to actually acknowledge it by downloading the transcript...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-29-2024, 03:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 02:45 PM)Dutchdream Wrote: I’ve sent my Sophia credits over parchment electronically and over Credly and just now sent in my ASU 1 credit transcript over parchment in paper copy. Will Nancy parks and Pierpont receive and process within 2 weeks. As there is a March 15 due date

Yes, they'll receive it right away, it just takes them time to actually acknowledge it by downloading the transcript...

In my case, they downloaded all of my transcripts right away but then took many weeks to process the credits and totally missed one school. Pierpont is by far the slowest to evaluate incoming transcripts among the schools I've dealt with. Can't really complain though given the price, just be aware. If your transcripts aren't already at Pierpont, it's likely too late to meet the March 15 graduation deadline. After the registrar adds the credits to your record, you still need to wait several days for Nancy to look at them and give you the go ahead.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
I got ahold of Nancy via email and she said she was going to contact the registrar and find out what's going on, and to touch base with her at the beginning of next week.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 12 509 04-26-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 177 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 561 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 991 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 765 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 816 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 845 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 705 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,820 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,406 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP