Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some quick college credits
Hi guys,

I wanted to get some college credit to boost my GPA a bit. I already have a ton of credits but the most recent trend is considered to the grad school I hope to attend. I was thinking LSU Distance but it seems that the proctoring might be a bit of a hassle.

I need to complete these creds before Oct 1 and it can be anything. Thanks.
beestrng Wrote:Hi guys,

I wanted to get some college credit to boost my GPA a bit. I already have a ton of credits but the most recent trend is considered to the grad school I hope to attend. I was thinking LSU Distance but it seems that the proctoring might be a bit of a hassle.

I need to complete these creds before Oct 1 and it can be anything. Thanks.

Straighterline would probably be a good option, but you need to find out if the school you're going to transfer the credit to would give you a letter grade and not just Pass/Fail.
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
Well I think lsu is my only choice. Do any of you guys have any recommendations on which classes to take?
Do COSC and EC transfer grades form Penn Foster? Since PF is a college, you would have to send transcripts from there anyway when applying to most graduate programs. However, I don't know if they would include those grades into their calculation since PF is not regionally accredited.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Bump. Just wondering guys.
Are you just looking for CLEPs? or would DSST/FEMA credits work as well? Intro to Computing (DSST) was pretty simple and straightforward. There were a lot of common sense questions. Also, the FEMA (stands for Federal Emergency Management Agency) courses were super easy & each one is a 1-hr credit. You can take those online tests free and from home.

Hope this helps!
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (CLEP) was pretty easy as well. That is worth 6 credits.

The link for the FEMA site is: Emergency Management Institute - FEMA Independent Study Program
Hey, thanks for responding.

I am actually looking for some schools that will give me a GPA that I can add before October 1. I am pretty sure that I can take LSU Distance courses. Most of them are 3 max assignments every week that can be turned in. So I might be able to squeak by.

Classes I am thinking about taking at LSU distance:

POLI 2057 - Introduction To International Politics
and/or
KIN 2600 - Human Sexuality

Does anybody have any experience in these courses?
What about Brigam Young they have lots of self paced online courses
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Find a large community college. Use myedu.com and ratemyprofessors.com to pick the instructors. It has to be a large school so that there have been enough students over a long enough period of time to provide enough data points to analyze.

Houston Community College and Lone Star College definitely meet the criteria. Central Texas College meets the size requirements, although I was surprised to find not that much data on ratemyprofessors.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 172,954 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,769 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 11 3,237 09-10-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 872 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,038 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 755 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 441 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,348 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 218 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 624 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess