Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits?
Hey, everyone. It's been a few years since I've popped on here!

I know many colleges and universities allow you to transfer 90+ credits. However, I'm wondering if any allow the application of over 90 credits to a degree.

I'm curious about the following scenarios
  • Applying over 90 college/university credits I've already earned
  • Applying 90 credits, but also allowing the completion/transfer of Sophia, Study.com, etc. credits on top of the initial 90
I get it - most schools want their chunk of change, so I know all institutions will require some classes to be completed through them.

Thanks!
TESU and EU do. However the transfer credits still need to be applicable and usable in the degree program. Say TESU requires College Algebra as part of their general education requirements (this is a fictitious example) and you have Business Math. Then you would still need to complete College Algebra. Business Math may transfer as a general elective depending on your degree program.

You'll find most colleges require 30 or more credits to be completed at that institution. Some of this is due to accreditation and some is due to $$$.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • hlg38
@hlg38, Excelsior and TESU are your best bets as both allow a max transfer over the other institutions we recommend, Excelsior 113, TESU 114, you just need to do the required 7 credits at Excelsior and 6 at TESU to finish off your degree. Having said that, you'll have to investigate the entire cost, ease, speed to finish and which option would be suited for you...

Excelsior has the extra cost for each additional academic evaluation ($300), TESU has a residency waiver fee for their option... Many have indicated going for a competency based degree option may be cheaper, easier, faster if they have the energy and time to get the 30 residency credits done, examples are TAMUC, UMPI, WGU, etc. Decide for yourself...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • hlg38
CUNY SPS takes up to 105
https://sps.cuny.edu/academics/credit-prior-learning
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 2 users Like jg_nuy's post:
  • hlg38, Pikachu
(07-10-2024, 01:31 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: CUNY SPS takes up to 105
https://sps.cuny.edu/academics/credit-prior-learning

CUNY SPS isn't as ACE friendly as TESU and EU so that's something to look into.
(07-10-2024, 01:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @hlg38, Excelsior and TESU are your best bets as both allow a max transfer over the other institutions we recommend, Excelsior 113, TESU 114, you just need to do the required 7 credits at Excelsior and 6 at TESU to finish off your degree.  Having said that, you'll have to investigate the entire cost, ease, speed to finish and which option would be suited for you...

Excelsior has the extra cost for each additional academic evaluation ($300), TESU has a residency waiver fee for their option...  Many have indicated going for a competency based degree option may be cheaper, easier, faster if they have the energy and time to get the 30 residency credits done, examples are TAMUC, UMPI, WGU, etc.  Decide for yourself...

Plus the fact that TESU will only take 90 alt credits, so after the cornerstone/capstone, you still need 24 credits from elsewhere (RA or foreign). If you don't have those credits already, it makes UMPI even more attractive.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thompson Rivers University in Canada requires 13 credits to be taken from the university itself. ACE credit is not eligible for transfer credit but is considered through the PLAR process
Associate of Applied Science, Exercise and Sport Science (Expected graduation, December 2024)
University of the Cumberlands - Kentucky, USA

Diploma, Retail Pharmacy Assistant
ICS Canada, Penn Foster Group - Westmount, Quebec

Certificate, Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving
Rutgers University-Newark - New Jersey, USA

That's the TRU OL (Open Learning option), they used to be the BC Open University before the government merged them. Technically, it's 15 credits residency when you review their webpage of programs. Another university in a different province allows a better option for cheaper, no residency requirements but will also require college credits as they don't accept ACE/NCCRS either, Athabasca has the BGS (Bachelors of General Studies with two areas, Arts & Science or Applied Studies) and it's only 90 credits! This would be a good option for those just needing a basic bachelors degree or use it for teaching overseas.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 776 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 213 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 393 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 212 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 9 892 05-30-2024, 08:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 22 3,010 05-15-2024, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Travellifter
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 1,063 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,232 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 2,870 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 1,488 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl