Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XAMK question
(09-11-2021, 10:17 PM)learning_spree Wrote: I enrolled in Business English, 3 ECTS cr. But  I didn't get any user id for the learning portal. Wrote 3 emails regarding this, and didn't get any response. This course starts tomorrow, thinking of dropping it. People who are successful, what was the process to get a user id if you don't live in Finland and don't have a Finnish banking id.
It's not an automated system, and they're based in Finland which means they have weekends off and standard working days. So unless you happen to mail them during a Finnish working day and they happen to be checking their email at that time, you won't get an immediate response. But my experience is that they always reply within a couple business days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wow's post:
  • Pikachu
(09-12-2021, 10:31 AM)wow Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 10:17 PM)learning_spree Wrote: I enrolled in Business English, 3 ECTS cr. But  I didn't get any user id for the learning portal. Wrote 3 emails regarding this, and didn't get any response. This course starts tomorrow, thinking of dropping it. People who are successful, what was the process to get a user id if you don't live in Finland and don't have a Finnish banking id.
It's not an automated system, and they're based in Finland which means they have weekends off and standard working days. So unless you happen to mail them during a Finnish working day and they happen to be checking their email at that time, you won't get an immediate response. But my experience is that they always reply within a couple business days.
No, I got a mail on Sept 7th, Tuesday. I requested a user id immediately. Then I waited for 3 days before sending a follow-up mail on Friday. My concern is that the course starts from today, I would miss deadlines for assignment if can't access the course on-time.
Most courses do not have a deadline due within the first couple of days. Did you send an email to both addresses or to just one?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-13-2021, 01:42 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Most courses do not have a deadline due within the first couple of days. Did you send an email to both addresses or to just one?

Got the User id today. I should have waited before making a fuss. I was in self-doubt because I never saw a university providing free courses with credits and giving student email ids for open learners without any conditions. It sounded too good to be true. That's why I was in an over-excitement state. Thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes learning_spree's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
(09-12-2021, 10:22 PM)learning_spree Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 10:31 AM)wow Wrote:
No, I got a mail on Sept 7th, Tuesday. I requested a user id immediately. Then I waited for 3 days before sending a follow-up mail on Friday. My concern is that the course starts from today, I would miss deadlines for assignment if can't access the course on-time.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad you got your ID eventually I hope you enjoy your course. I am in the rehabilitation track and I'm learning a lot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wow's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
(09-13-2021, 02:37 AM)learning_spree Wrote: Got the User id today. I should have waited before making a fuss. I was in self-doubt because I never saw a university providing free courses with credits and giving student email ids for open learners without any conditions. It sounded too good to be true. That's why I was in an over-excitement state. Thank you.

Glad you got your user ID! It can be a bit nerve-wracking the first time.

Out of curiosity, is your class hosted on learn.xamk.fi or open-learn.xamk.fi?
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
(09-14-2021, 02:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 02:37 AM)learning_spree Wrote: Got the User id today. I should have waited before making a fuss. I was in self-doubt because I never saw a university providing free courses with credits and giving student email ids for open learners without any conditions. It sounded too good to be true. That's why I was in an over-excitement state. Thank you.

I’m doing the same course and it is hosted on learn.xamk.fi for me
(09-14-2021, 10:56 AM)joebloggs Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 02:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

I’m doing the same course and it is hosted on learn.xamk.fi for me
Yes, it's learn.xamk.fi for me too.
Interesting! One of my courses is hosted on open-learn.xamk.fi and the others are on learn.xamk.fi. This is kind of confusing and I was wondering if it means that they're starting to transfer courses over to open-learn.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
This is kind of XAMK and kind of not :/  Last night I went over to the wiki pages to help me figure out where to put some of the XAMK credits and really started looking around.  To me, it looks like we are heading more towards a Natural Science and Mathematics AOS.  Each course we are taking to help us PLA for Health and Wellness might get us more directly to a Liberal Arts NS/M degree, without having to add in the PLA component.  I'd like to explore what that might look like.  The NS/M TESU page includes BIO, FIT, PSY, GER, EAS, GLB courses.  The wiki mentions HEA, FIT, AOJ, etc.  Obviously, already, even if the choices are just limited to the TESU page and the wiki specific selections the options are really generous (compared to the Health and Wellness "no alternatives" plan).  However, my question is:  how much leeway is there?  Would the LL XAMK Gerontology course fit in this plan?  Would any BIO, FIT, PSY, HEA courses work?  Obviously 15 UL, 18 total AOS, plus 12 "additional" liberal studies credits.  We're still interested in concentrating on Health and Wellness type classes but are interested in the possibility of putting those credits toward the Natural Science/Mathematics AOS.  Would nutrition classes fit into this plan?  XAMK Nutrition for Sports course description is very much like a bio course.  I would love feedback, thank you so much!  I appreciate this forum!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes k-k-k-katy's post:
  • cwendy111

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 349 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 265 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,954 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  XAMK ROYISAGIRL 130 22,973 07-31-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 227 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Xamk enforces new change Avidreader 17 1,333 07-24-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 483 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  XAMK Tourism Diploma rachel83az 22 4,916 05-27-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,469 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,991 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane