Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XAMK question
Another question:  is it possible that the XAMK game creation courses would qualify as liberal arts credits?  I noticed that some computer courses do count, I am just not sure if CAP type courses qualify...
Does anyone know what happens if you can’t complete a XAMK course by the deadline or if you withdraw after it’s started does it still appear on the XAMK Transcript?
It will appear, yes. If it's a pass/fail course, I think it shows as fail. If it's a scored course, I think it shows as whatever score you had when you stopped working. If you can't complete a course, I would try to at least get a grade of 1 if you can. Preferably a 2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_g...in_Finland The courses should all tell you how many points you need to get to reach each grade.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-17-2021, 08:53 AM)joebloggs Wrote: Does anyone know what happens if you can’t complete a XAMK course by the deadline or if you withdraw after it’s started does it still appear on the XAMK Transcript?
In addition to what Rachel said, in one of my courses the professor extended the deadline for everyone after a couple people requested more time. I don't know how common that is, but if you're desperate it might be worth a shot to ask.
For the one course I couldn't finish, it came in as a w.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(09-14-2021, 05:41 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote: Another question:  is it possible that the XAMK game creation courses would qualify as liberal arts credits?  I noticed that some computer courses do count, I am just not sure if CAP type courses qualify...

Generally, those are Free Electives for a BALS.  Theory-based courses may work in the GE or AoS, but not things like Game Creation.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
Another Question for anyone who has taken a Xamk course.  I finished the Nutrition for Sports and Physical Activity course last week but cannot figure out how to finalize the completion of the course.  The "course history" page shows that my 3 exams were taken and the scores but no further instructions on how to sign off on the course anywhere.  I did all the required course work and took the 3 exams but my dashboard still shows only 73% of the course is complete.  I cannot navigate their website, even tried to send a message through the student services tab but it would not allow me to (I was signed into my acct and it recognized me).  Nothing showing up on Peppi.  The thing is, this course closes at the end of September (3 days) so I am nervous about making sure I get credit for having taken it.  Is there a simple "finalize course" button like Sophia has?  Hopefully it is super simple!  Thank you!!!!
There is no "finalize course". Go back into the course and make sure that all of the checkboxes are checked. The ones with the dotted outline are checked automatically when you complete the thing assigned to them (quiz, clicking on a link). The solid ones require you to check them manually. Just click the box to check it. Or do I have the dotted/solid backward? Regardless, make sure all the boxes are checked for your own peace of mind to bring completion to 100%.

The course will automatically be pulled from your dashboard in a few days to a couple of weeks. It should show up in Peppi by the end of October, though it may show up sooner.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(09-28-2021, 12:14 AM)rachel83az Wrote: There is no "finalize course". Go back into the course and make sure that all of the checkboxes are checked. The ones with the dotted outline are checked automatically when you complete the thing assigned to them (quiz, clicking on a link). The solid ones require you to check them manually. Just click the box to check it. Or do I have the dotted/solid backward? Regardless, make sure all the boxes are checked for your own peace of mind to bring completion to 100%.

The course will automatically be pulled from your dashboard in a few days to a couple of weeks. It should show up in Peppi by the end of October, though it may show up sooner.
Thanks!  Yes, all the checkboxes are marked.  It was a little unnerving to see that the course didn't automatically update to show 100% complete even after the coursework was completed and the 3 required exams were passed.  I will try to be patient and wait for the process to complete on their end.
I forgot. Some courses have "hidden" exams. If you failed an exam, the instructor can (at their discretion) unhide the relevant retake exam so that you can redo it. This may be where the remaining 33% is.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 349 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 265 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,953 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  XAMK ROYISAGIRL 130 22,973 07-31-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 227 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Xamk enforces new change Avidreader 17 1,333 07-24-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 482 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  XAMK Tourism Diploma rachel83az 22 4,915 05-27-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,467 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,990 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane