Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XAMK question
(09-28-2021, 11:01 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I forgot. Some courses have "hidden" exams. If you failed an exam, the instructor can (at their discretion) unhide the relevant retake exam so that you can redo it. This may be where the remaining 33% is.
That is so interesting.  I will keep that in mind for the next courses I am taking.  I scored 100% on all three exams in this particular class and those do show up on my "course history" page...the "instruction/welcome" page says the course is dependent on passing the 3 exams.  I finally was able to access my Xamk email and messaged the instructor, hopefully she won't think I am being a pest if it is just a matter of being patient.
I remember reading a post (forum) about being careful to sign up for the video game creation courses in a specific way and thought I followed the instructions but they are not showing up on my Xamk dashboard...are they supposed to?  I've done several "modules" but don't want to miss out on getting these credits.  Am I missing something or just being impatient?  Thanks!
The video game courses don't show up on your dashboard. They are ONLY on Teachable. But if you were to just sign up for the Teachable bit, without signing up on XAMK itself, you wouldn't get credit.

If it's been at least a month since you completed a module, you can make sure it's been transcripted by checking Peppi.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-06-2021, 11:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The video game courses don't show up on your dashboard. They are ONLY on Teachable. But if you were to just sign up for the Teachable bit, without signing up on XAMK itself, you wouldn't get credit.

If it's been at least a month since you completed a module, you can make sure it's been transcripted by checking Peppi.

Thank you!  Yes, I went through XAMK.  I really appreciate your clarification!!! Smile
All of my credits are now up on Peppi!  So, my newest question is:  How do I contact ACEI in order to get credits to TESU?  Is there a step-by-step process?  Thank you for all your help!!!
Do you have ALL of the credits that you want to transfer to TESU? It will cost you approx. $200 per evaluation. So, if you have them evaluate your current credits but you take another class in January and have them evaluate those credits then, the total will be $400. On the other hand, if you wait and only do the evaluation in January, the total would be $200.

But, if you're certain that you've got all of the XAMK credits you want/need, your first step is to download an official transcript from Peppi. In Peppi, hover your mouse over "Certificate orders", click on "Certificates". Click on one of the "Transcript of Records" options. I don't think it matters which one you choose, to be honest. But click on one and choose English as the language. Then, in the blue line across the top of the page, click on the "Documents" tab. Download your new Transcript of Records (TOR). Open it and confirm that it lists all of the classes you want to transfer.

Now, head to https://acei-global.org/evaluation-services/ Click the "Apply online now" button. "Academic Evaluation-apply online" link. Fill out the form. You're going to want the comprehensive course-by-course with grades.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, k-k-k-katy, Pikachu
Wasn't sure if I should start a brand-new thread or just bump this one...wanted to let anyone interested in the XAMK RA credits know that the XAMK Gerontological Nursing course came into TESU as GER-299, and with appeal, fulfilled my Area of Study course TESU GER-312 Biological Aspects of Aging.  I just had to take an extra UL Coopersmith PSY course to make up the UL deficit.
[-] The following 3 users Like k-k-k-katy's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az, ROYISAGIRL
Woot woot that is good to know! I've been working on some of the Master's courses to see how those turn out.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
k-k-k-katy Wrote:Wasn't sure if I should start a brand-new thread or just bump this one...wanted to let anyone interested in the XAMK RA credits know that the XAMK Gerontological Nursing course came into TESU as GER-299, and with appeal, fulfilled my Area of Study course TESU GER-312 Biological Aspects of Aging.  I just had to take an extra UL Coopersmith PSY course to make up the UL deficit.

BTW, how did you go forth into "appealing" that course? Which degree are you going for that requires GER courses for the AOS?

ROYISAGIRL Wrote:Woot woot that is good to know! I've been working on some of the Master's courses to see how those turn out.

Awesome, please let us know how that goes, it would be interesting to see what they come in as or whatever.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-26-2022, 05:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
k-k-k-katy Wrote:Wasn't sure if I should start a brand-new thread or just bump this one...wanted to let anyone interested in the XAMK RA credits know that the XAMK Gerontological Nursing course came into TESU as GER-299, and with appeal, fulfilled my Area of Study course TESU GER-312 Biological Aspects of Aging.  I just had to take an extra UL Coopersmith PSY course to make up the UL deficit.

BTW, how did you go forth into "appealing" that course?  Which degree are you going for that requires GER courses for the AOS?

ROYISAGIRL Wrote:Woot woot that is good to know! I've been working on some of the Master's courses to see how those turn out.

Awesome, please let us know how that goes, it would be interesting to see what they come in as or whatever.

Thankfully, the course came into TESU as GER-299 which was very helpful.  Then, I asked my instructor from XAMK if she could provide an "official" syllabus (it corresponds almost exactly to TESU's course) and she did.  I attached that to my "appeal" email to my advisor.  I heard back in just a couple of days.  I am going for the liberal studies "health and wellness" degree and the GER-312 is an area of study requirement.  I had to make up the UL deficit by taking an UL Coopersmith PSY course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes k-k-k-katy's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 349 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 265 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,953 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  XAMK ROYISAGIRL 130 22,973 07-31-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 227 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Xamk enforces new change Avidreader 17 1,333 07-24-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 482 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  XAMK Tourism Diploma rachel83az 22 4,915 05-27-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,467 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,990 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane