Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student
Hey folks,

I'm on the hunt for universities or colleges in the U.S. that offer free online courses where I can enroll as a non-degree student. The catch is, I'd prefer if they don't require official transcripts—unofficial ones would be great. Plus, it would be awesome if the application process doesn't cost anything. If anyone has been through this or knows where I can find such opportunities, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks a bunch!
[-] The following 1 user Likes rickrick's post:
  • midnite123
Non-credit courses? What's your purpose? Would professional development courses be okay?
Associate of Applied Science, Exercise and Sport Science (Expected graduation, February 2025)
University of the Cumberlands - Kentucky, USA

Diploma, Retail Pharmacy Assistant
ICS Canada, Penn Foster Group - Westmount, Quebec

Certificate, Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving
Rutgers University-Newark - New Jersey, USA

Certificate, Intro to IT
Robertson College, Canada

Certificate, Barter to Bitcoin
Bond University, Australia
(09-09-2024, 02:17 AM)阿尔什维尔·奇马 Wrote: Non-credit courses? What's your purpose? Would professional development courses be okay?

I have graduated and am working. I want to find out if there are any free programs and I don't need credits. I don't want to use those online platforms, so I want to ask if there are any regular colleges that offer non-credit courses that are free and easy to apply for,. Career development programs are also good. If you know of any such universities, can you recommend them?
(09-09-2024, 03:07 AM)rickrick Wrote:
(09-09-2024, 02:17 AM)阿尔什维尔·奇马 Wrote: Non-credit courses? What's your purpose? Would professional development courses be okay?

I have graduated and am working. I want to find out if there are any free programs and I don't need credits. I don't want to use those online platforms, so I want to ask if there are any regular colleges that offer non-credit courses that are free and easy to apply for,. Career development programs are also good. If you know of any such universities, can you recommend them?
What do you mean by online platforms? Platforms like EdX where schools put their courses, are a no go?

And does it have to be US schools?
Associate of Applied Science, Exercise and Sport Science (Expected graduation, February 2025)

Certificate, Intro to IT

[-] The following 1 user Likes ArshveerCheema's post:
  • rickrick
(09-09-2024, 03:23 AM)阿尔什维尔·奇马 Wrote:
(09-09-2024, 03:07 AM)里克里克 Wrote:

What do you mean by online platforms? Platforms like EdX where schools put their courses, are a no go?

And does it have to be US schools?
What I mean is that instead of registering directly on such a learning platform, I would apply to the school
Why are you being so guarded with details? Without knowing your purpose, it's probably impossible to give you any useful answers. Universities and colleges aren't in the habit of giving out free courses, credit or no.

Are you trying to get status as a college student for some reason? You can do that pretty cheaply by applying to TESU and registering for a 1cr TECEP. However, there are hoops to jump through for international students. Are you an international student?

Really there's no point to being difficult, if you have a legitimate purpose.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • ss20ts
If you're in the US, there are alot of colleges that have free in-state tuition. You can look up schools yourself for your state

Certificate, Intro to IT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,144 10 hours ago
Last Post: BritStudent
  free certificates in China lilyuzimu 2 192 09-24-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: wow
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 572 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,877 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 421 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,506 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 153 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,770 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,863 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,099 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow