Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuition Reimbursement Program Covers CLEP, DANTES and "other" ways to earn college cr
I was almost certain my employer covered costs associated with traditional and online course work only. Today I found out that the funds I paid for my CLEPS yesterday will be reimbursed to me! Yay!! I receive up to $3500 per year which will actually cover all of my tests necessary for my first degree.

I do need a bit of advice. I have to show proof of having paid for and passed the exams in the next 10 days. Any ideas for how I might do that quickly and easily on an ongoing basis? I was considering doing a credit bank at TESC or Excelsior and having my exams sent directly to them as I test. I will be graduating from TESC so I am leaning toward them to bank my credits. Is this as simple as it gets? If anyone has an easier option I am all ears. Thanks a bunch.
[SIZE="1"]Completed:

Intro Sociology 57
A&I Lit 66
4 FEMA credits[/SIZE]
Quote:I have to show proof of having paid for and passed the exams in the next 10 days. Any ideas for how I might do that quickly and easily on an ongoing basis?

For CLEP receipts I make a copy of the yellow form that you get back at the testing center (it has the cost listed on the form), the receipt from the testing center for the test administration fee, and a copy of the score report. Hopefully when you took your exam they printed out a copy of the score report? If not, you can call CLEP cust svc (609) 771-7865 and ask them to mail you a copy. Just remind them the next time when you are filling out the form that you will need a print out of the CLEP score report.

For DSST exams, I also use the admin fee receipt from the testing center and the print out of the score report you receive at the test center. When the score pops up on the screen, just click on the print button at the bottom of the screen. When you get home you can print out your receipt. Here are the instructions for logging on to your prometric account to get receipt and the score report.

http://ibt.prometric.com/dsst

toward bottom you will see two links click on
Secure Sign-In (uses SSL encryption) or on the top tool bar 2nd button with lock

Next screen welcome = continue
Next screen policy = I agree
Next screen info = continue
Next screen main menu/candidate delivery = review scores
Next screen click on any of the dates to the left of the test title and you will be taken to the score report. You can also print out a receipt from this screen (right side of the test title)

Quote:I was considering doing a credit bank at TESC or Excelsior and having my exams sent directly to them as I test. I will be graduating from TESC so I am leaning toward them to bank my credits. Is this as simple as it gets? If anyone has an easier option I am all ears. Thanks a bunch.

Re: paying for a credit banking account. Save your money. You can either just enter TESCs code now, I think they keep them for six months. Which will update each time Or, you can wait until your last exam and then enter the code for wherever you want it to go. When the transcript is sent it includes all exams to date. It's the same for both CLEP and DSST or so I was told by TESC registrars office. You can call the registrar's office to confirm this is still the case.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
If you can send all tests to your college by just making sure that the last one goes, that will save you something like $30 for each transcript from each test provider. If you order the transript sent, however, I think you can tell them which exams to send if you're not thrilled with a test score.
Thanks Bricabrac, I'll remember to have them print those things out for me next time I test. As for this go around, I didn't leave the center with anything but a big grin Confusedmilelol: That grin isn't going to do a thing for receiving reimbursement though, eh? hahaha. I guess I'll eat the CLEP transcript fees this time around.

LaterBloomer Wrote:If you can send all tests to your college by just making sure that the last one goes, that will save you something like $30 for each transcript from each test provider. If you order the transript sent, however, I think you can tell them which exams to send if you're not thrilled with a test score.

I was hoping to do just that, LaterBloomer, but my employer is demanding proof that I passed within 10 days of taking the exam. So now I'm trying to avoid paying transcript fees each time I test.
[SIZE="1"]Completed:

Intro Sociology 57
A&I Lit 66
4 FEMA credits[/SIZE]
Hey BricaBrac, I called the college and it looks like they forgot to give me my score reports! They scanned them and emailed them to me immediately and this is exactly what I needed. Thank you!
[SIZE="1"]Completed:

Intro Sociology 57
A&I Lit 66
4 FEMA credits[/SIZE]
Hi Sheba,

Great, happy it worked out for you!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
My former employer offered tuition reimbursement, but not for credit by exam (CBE). Since my employer was cheap, I showed them that reimbursing for CLEP/DSST was 1/3 the cost of tuition at the local community college. They allowed me to put CLEP and DSST exam fees on expense statements.

In other words, it's all in how you present things to an employer. Consider the following two questions:

Do you reimburse for CBE?
Would you like to cut your tuition reimbursements by at least half?

You are likely to receive very different answers for those two questions.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
I've been looking for employeers that offer CBE reimbursement but they all say that clep/dsst are not included. urggg banghead

Does anyone know of any company's that do offer reimbursement for CBE?
I know that AT&T and Verizon have a Tution Reimbursement program that covers CLEP and DANTES exams. Verizon's program even goes on to cover non credit classes that are preapproved. With Verizon you get tuition reimbursement starting day one.
[SIZE="1"]Completed:

Intro Sociology 57
A&I Lit 66
4 FEMA credits[/SIZE]
I am interested in the Verizon tuition reimbursement program, i heard they offer 4k for part time employees!! Does the policy state how long one has to work for Verizon after..like is there a time commitment??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 172,911 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,768 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,036 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  CBE program for data analysis or data science? FreeAgnes 3 422 08-22-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Save on tuition with Western Undergraduate Exchange wow 0 151 08-16-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,347 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 624 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 448 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 760 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  A new program in Colorado recognizes students who didn’t complete their bachelor’s de davewill 4 708 07-06-2024, 11:22 PM