Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new program in Colorado recognizes students who didn’t complete their bachelor’s de
It makes so much sense to see that people get some recognition for the effort they've put in. It can both help their current job prospects, and provide the encouragement needed to consider picking up the bachelor's degree effort again.

https://www.cpr.org/2024/06/25/msu-denve...e-degrees/
Quote:The graduation ceremony at Metropolitan State University of Denver was the first of its kind to award associate degrees to former students who’ve completed at least 70 credits towards their bachelor’s degree but then stopped school. A minimum of 70 credits is about two years of college.

The Colorado Re-Engaged (CORE) initiative became law in 2021, and for the first time, it recognized that more than 25,000 Coloradans who invested time and money but for a variety of reasons had to stop their education, could be eligible for a degree to reflect the work they’d done.

“What this bill was really looking to do was to one, give you a mile marker to say you did do something and this was significant and two, hopefully, encourage you to re-engage with this opportunity for higher education,” said Shaun Schafer, MSU Denver’s associate vice president of curriculum, academic effectiveness and policy development.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • RachelB
Basically, another BOG AAS in the making, they're acknowledging students who completed two years of higher education... It's good for certs, diplomas, but they decided on associates instead... These should technically allow the student to continue onward to their bachelors afterwards.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • midnite123, mr_peanutbutter
I sent this story to my former husband in Colorado. I hope this program can help him! I'm also encouraging him to go back to school.
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS, BOG (Info Systems)---Pierpont Community and Technical College, December 2023
Certificate, Community Health Worker---Berkeley City College, December 2023

Currently: 
BA, Liberal Studies---Thomas Edison State University, starting July 2024

Considering:
graduate school someday, once I decide what I want to be when I grow up!

[-] The following 3 users Like staceydiane's post:
  • davewill, ltw900rr, mr_peanutbutter
(06-27-2024, 02:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, another BOG AAS in the making, they're acknowledging students who completed two years of higher education... It's good for certs, diplomas, but they decided on associates instead... These should technically allow the student to continue onward to their bachelors afterwards.

Sounds like a good program!

Are there any BOG AAS programs, beside Pierpont?
midnite123 Wrote:Sounds like a good program!

Are there any BOG AAS programs, beside Pierpont?

All the colleges in WV offer the BOG AAS, I've mentioned a few options, including Blue Ridge recently...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • midnite123

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 10 712 07-04-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Older teacher gets the students! bjcheung77 2 249 06-21-2024, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Admission to associate/bachelor programs without a high school diploma David1477 10 729 06-19-2024, 07:00 PM
  UK students invading US institutions! And more... bjcheung77 1 254 05-20-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Could AI be the next college teaching assistant? Some Colorado professors believe so LevelUP 0 181 05-16-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 33,586 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 857 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 865 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 408 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 398 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie