Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology
I saw on the TESU psychology wiki page that Research in Psychology from CIS Testing and Psych 105 Research Methods in Psychology from study com are recommended to fullfil the Research in Experimental Psychology requirement from TESU, however they are both lower level and TESU's course is upper level. I wanted to ask here and make sure those courses do transfer as Psy-3220 Research in Experimental Psychology?
(01-26-2024, 11:16 AM)amleigh Wrote: I saw on the TESU psychology wiki page that Research in Psychology from CIS Testing and Psych 105 Research Methods in Psychology from study com are recommended to fullfil the Research in Experimental Psychology requirement from TESU, however they are both lower level and TESU's course is upper level. I wanted to ask here and make sure those courses do transfer as Psy-3220 Research in Experimental Psychology?

As far as we know nothing has changed, those are still LL courses.

You need 5 UL courses for that major.
https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
So they will transfer as TESU's Research Methods in Experimental Psychology? Or are you saying that class isn't needed?

Looking at the degree plan, it looks like Research Methods in Experimental Psychology is a required class. I just need to where I can take that class cheaper than TESU. One class with them is literally $1635
(01-26-2024, 06:10 PM)amleigh Wrote: So they will transfer as TESU's Research Methods in Experimental Psychology? Or are you saying that class isn't needed?

Looking at the degree plan, it looks like Research Methods in Experimental Psychology is a required class. I just need to where I can take that class cheaper than TESU. One class with them is literally $1635

That is a required class, but you can take, for example, the Study.com LL Research Methods course to fulfill this requirement.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
You need at least 15 credits (plus the 3 credit capstone) of UL credit. For most degrees, including this one, TESU doesn't overly care about whether a specific course is UL or LL. Many LL courses will fit the requirements where TESU has UL courses listed. As long as you have at least 15 UL credits (plus capstone, 18 total), and a given course meets the requirements (I.E., no Art History instead of Research Methods), a LL course will do just fine.

It is sometimes the case that an advisor will have to manually move the course to the appropriate spot after transfer, because the automatic tool puts it in the "wrong" place.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 43 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 741 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 210 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,610 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 636 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 568 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 287 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,333 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 420 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM