Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Debuts New Logo
Information 
Via email: 
Quote:We are thrilled to announce that Thomas Edison State University is unveiling a brand new logo this week, symbolizing the culmination of our 50th anniversary celebrations and heralding an exciting leap into the future. You will see this new logo on our marketing materials, our website and our social media accounts beginning today.

Since our establishment in 1972, TESU has been a leader in adult online education, constantly innovating in credit recognition for prior learning, forming unique partnerships and delivering cutting-edge online courses.
TESU Icon
Our new logo, featured at the top of this e-mail, retains the distinguished burgundy of its predecessor while introducing vibrant accents of gold and deep gray, paying homage to our rich heritage. The block lettering of "TESU" strengthens our identity while honoring our history. Alongside the logo, a new icon (right) embodies forward thinking and progress, illuminating the path of education.

The contemporary design of the logo reflects our commitment to honoring our past while embracing transformation. As we embark on this journey, we celebrate our five decades of transformative education. Rooted in innovation, we continue to shape the future of higher education, ensuring a brighter tomorrow for our students and communities.

The meticulous process of designing the logo involved thorough research and feedback from stakeholders, including staff, students, and alumni. We hope you'll join us in embracing this modern brand as we forge ahead into an exciting future for TESU.
[Image: header-tesu-logo24.png][Image: tesu-icon-2024.jpg]
No more of that blurry thing that supposedly depicted a clock tower.  
I was one of the students involved in this initiative last year, glad to see they finally launched the new design.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 3 users Like jch's post:
  • Charles Fout, jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley
Is that a pawn? A pope hat?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
(03-20-2024, 01:01 PM)Darknigh7 Wrote: Is that a pawn? A pope hat?

Light bulb

Thomas Edison

Face palm
I thought it was a salt shaker and came here to find out what it was. That's a lightbulb? Here is what the first carbon filament light bulb looked like:

[Image: edison-bulb.jpg]

Here is the original patent: https://patents.google.com/patent/US223898A/en

Here is the 1890 patent 10 years later: https://images.fineartamerica.com/images...-pixel.jpg

They should use this bulb as it looks like a lightbulb and has historical significance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CanICode's post:
  • cerich67
They must have added that icon after my involvement in the project. I have no idea what it is. My discussions only involved the name/brand logo.
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(03-20-2024, 01:24 PM)jch Wrote: They must have added that icon after my involvement in the project. I have no idea what it is. My discussions only involved the name/brand logo.

I will literally make them a way better icon for free with no rights. This one is fine, but it doesn't look high quality enough. The lightbulb is also not obvious enough.

I also like the logo. It looks very normal; like what I expect a college logo to look like.
(03-20-2024, 01:09 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 01:01 PM)Darknigh7 Wrote: Is that a pawn? A pope hat?

Light bulb

Thomas Edison

Face palm
Light bulb? Not seeing it.

Go TESU Popehats!

Just got the email, interesting they changed it, seems cool, but can't really make out the logo...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I thought it was a knot of a white tie.

Font and color choice of TESU looks nice though. Oh well. One out of two came out good.
The new TESU logo is on the diploma mailing envelopes I received this week, and it looks really nice in the flesh. Nice modern yet professional combination of colors, typography, and layout.
Waiting for the merch store to get updated, then I'll pick up some new apparel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 93 Yesterday, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 765 04-26-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 237 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,621 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 643 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 575 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 288 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 256 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 430 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 319 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az