Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree
Hey guys,

I need 30 random credits specifically for 150 credits for CPA. I already have them done through Sophia/Credly, and am now looking at TESU as there were a couple of topics around getting the transcript. 

Does the TECEP enrollment allow you to immediately submit the Sophia/Credly transcript for evaluation, and then are you able to immediately get a copy of the transcript (or get the transcript sent to a particular institution) without actually completing the TECEP course?

My understanding from what I've read is that you have to first enroll a Non-matriculated (Visiting) Student, and then apply for a TECEP?

Thanks!
There is some timing involved. You can apply anytime and send in your transcripts. That gets you applicant status, which is good for two transcript evaluations. Signing up for the TECEP gets you enrolled status (and unlimited transcript evals), however, you have to wait until the next term starts before your status changes, so depending on timing, you could wait over a month before that kicks in.

If you truly just have the one Credly transcript to send in, then applicant status may be sufficient, although it's possible that you might need to be enrolled to get an official transcript. Edit: Just checked and you do: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/re...transcript

You don't want to apply as a non-matriculating student. You want to enroll as a degree seeking student. It doesn't matter whether you ever actually make any progress towards graduating. Visiting students pay a higher tuition rate and there may be other downsides.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 3 users Like davewill's post:
  • akr680, Pikachu, RachelB
That's the suggestion, apply now to TESU, send in all transcripts, enroll in the TECEP if you're going to send more transcripts later on. Just to confirm... Do you already have a Bachelors in Accounting and now looking to hit the 150 credits by taking 30 credits from ACE sources and placing that on a TESU transcript? Even if you wait for the next term, it's every month (10 business days past the month at most to be enrolled), there are 12 start dates for TESU...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for the responses, I'm not a US citizen (here on working visa) but my education is equivalent to a Bachelor of Science in Accounting per evaluation services (expecting 120 credits from NASBA/NIES). I'll see if TESU accepts that normal enrollment method normally but if me not being a US citizen causes issues I'll probably just opt for individual learner account credit banking which is still faster/cheaper than regular credits.
As an international student, you'd have to deal with the English requirement. You also need to have a visa status allows you to be a student.

https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student

Even if you do the ILA route, you still might have to show visa status:

https://www.tesu.edu/about/registrar/ind...ng-account
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
And that's the main reason I get people to provide extra details on the first post by filling in the addendum and template, with more info at the get go, you will be providing an overall picture of what you have on the table and what you're trying to accomplish. It gets confusing when you start adding more variables later, it also changes the original recommendations, so you'll have to add foreign evaluations towards that and anything else that may be remaining just for admissions or entry...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I think you can apply as a certificate student and not have the same issues as a degree student? It's not entirely clear from the enrollment page. But you might need to meet the English-language requirements regardless.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Can anyone confirm that the $18 official TESU transcripts (via National Student Clearinghouse) will actually show evaluated transfer credits after enrollment, but before any degree is awarded?

With my unofficial TESU transcript, that is not the case. My transcript evaluation was complete about a month ago, with nearly ~90 credits of RA and ACE applied to a degree plan in the TESU student portal. In the student portal, my degree plan shows all those transferred courses, but my "unofficial" TESU transcript shows none of the transfers and only TESU courses. As of April 1, I believe I am fully "enrolled," as I am registered for two TECEPs. My unofficial transcript only lists the two TECEPs - not yet taken, so zero hours, zero GPA, etc. They don't seem to have any notes in their website's transcript info area that says the unofficial is any different than the official, in this regard.

So, both for the OP and for myself, wondering if transferred credits will be on an enrolled-but-not-graduated TESU transcript, I fear the answer might be, "no." Perhaps it just takes more time, though..? If nobody has recent first-hand experience to share, I'll ask TESU and report back.

It won't work for OP as an international student, but I'll note: with Pierpont's free AAS BOG, I was able to quickly get transcripts showing all the transferred courses - very soon after they were evaluated, and well before I was actually awarded the degree. The Pierpont transcript showed where the credits were originally earned, but it was nice to have them all in one legit-looking document for employer purposes, etc. I was really hoping for that with TESU enrollment, as I have more ACE courses, and would prefer not to send Credly's juvenile format to prospective employers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PLEX's post:
  • Pikachu
Sad to report update: Enrollment rep says no, TESU transcripts will not include accepted transfer courses, unless and until a TESU course/TECEP has been successfully completed. (They reiterated that enrollment, alone, will not get the evaluated transfers onto your transcripts, and confirmed I am a fully enrolled student, with two TECEP enrollments, and all my accepted transfers are showing in my degree plan with the grades for the RA ones.)

Furthermore, after a TESU course has been completed and the transfer courses are added to the TESU transcript, the rep said that the transcripts will still not show grades for accepted RA transfer courses! (I failed to further clarify if, perhaps, the transferred courses' grades might show after one graduates with a TESU degree..?)

Lastly, I'm not 100% sure, but I think I understood that they were confirming my fear that the transcript will only show the TESU equivalency for transferred courses. Many of mine that were upper level and that would be of specific value to prospective employers with their original course titles have been equated to merely repetitive, "special topics in..."

I had high hopes for TESU transcripts serving this consolidation-for-employment-applications purpose, based on forum posts. Now, I'm now wondering if UMPI transcripts would show accepted transfers before completing their courses, as I'd really like to have my multiple-source classes on one transcript for prospective employers. Showing their original source, of course, and hopefully showing original class titles and the grades.
(04-24-2024, 09:14 PM)PLEX Wrote: the rep said that the transcripts will still not show grades for accepted RA transfer courses! (I failed to further clarify if, perhaps, the transferred courses' grades might show after one graduates with a TESU degree..?)

Unfortunately, the rep was mostly correct. While TESU does report the institution, original course code& name, and credits for each transferred course, the letter grade is not shown. There is a column for grades, but it's blank for all of my RA transfer credits. Grades are reported for TESU credits, and CR is shown for everything pass/fail at TESU/ACE/NCCRS/CLEP/DSST. The situation does not change with graduation. Here's a screenshot from the final copy of my official transcript TESU included with my diplomas last month:

.jpg   IMG_9386.jpg (Size: 487.71 KB / Downloads: 72)
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • LevelUP, PLEX

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 108 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Dual CS/CIS Degree Help! comatose95 13 340 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 10 857 09-24-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
  TESU BA Psych experimental psychology requirement wow 7 259 09-19-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU computer science and information systems are the same degree Chann 9 682 09-19-2024, 10:29 AM
  Does TESU take Saylor Software Engineering as UL or LL? Jwheels27 7 516 09-18-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Chann
  TESU Evaluation Chann 2 223 09-18-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Chann
  Pausing Enrollment at TESU bradonomics 6 266 09-18-2024, 01:09 AM
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 1 361 09-12-2024, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Vin
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 9 1,103 09-11-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: LevelUP