Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible!
Exclamation 
With some recent updates from students who have transferred in the Google cert, it is now possible to complete the TESU IT degree in only one term!

Here is the updated degree plan:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

Would ya just look at it!!
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu
Note that I would strongly recommend staying away from Straighterline physics and taking both labs at TESU. There are several bad experiences with the SL lab chronicled on this forum, including mine. TESU's physics labs are quick and straightforward.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • LevelUP, rachel83az
For those looking to do two programs, such as a BACS/BSIT or a BS CIS/BSIT, you can do a flat rate term (with labs/e-packs/classes), then the two capstones together, if you need to extend a capstone or both, you can slowly go through that final finish line of the two classes together. Plan your budget, 15 credits for residency (or more credits if you wanted to), plus time to get things done.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-04-2024, 06:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For those looking to do two programs, such as a BACS/BSIT or a BS CIS/BSIT....

FYI, since the change from BSBA CIS -> BS CIS, TESU no longer allows students to combine that degree with another BS degree. They let me graduate because I originally enrolled under BSBA, but they made me switch back to that version before doing so.
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
I would hope that they would allow BSIT + BS CIS as two separate degrees, similar to the BACS/BS(BA) CIS. But then, of course, one wouldn't be able to also get the BACS as well.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-05-2024, 06:55 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I would hope that they would allow BSIT + BS CIS as two separate degrees, similar to the BACS/BS(BA) CIS. But then, of course, one wouldn't be able to also get the BACS as well.

Nope, TESU did not allow me to graduate with those two programs as my two separate bachelor's degrees in the March 2024 cycle. Worse, a senior academic advisor allowed me to enroll in both programs in fall 2023, and the issue wasn't found until a week before graduation. TESU did a poor job handling it, and I'm still mad at them about the situation. Days before I was set to graduate, I didn't know for sure if I would graduate or what exactly my degrees would be.
TESU now strictly interprets the "can't earn two of the same degree" provision in the award of degrees policy to mean that students are prohibited from receiving two degrees of the same general type: ie you can't have two different BS degrees, two different BA degrees, two different AS degrees, etc. Weirdly, BSBA/ASNSM programs used to not cause issues because TESU treated them as different degrees from a BS/AS, even though that's in the name. Now that TESU changed the names (and didn't really change anything else), the rule applies. I tried pointing out to TESU that this mess is nonsensical, but they wouldn't hear it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • Pikachu
Eww. That's stupid. They should either allow it because they're the same degree (like how one can get a BA Psychology and a BA Math) or they should allow it because they're different degrees (like the BACS and BS CIS combo).
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
And that's the reason Excelsior and TESU, along with COSC are 'gifting' other institutions... They're making unfavorable changes and thus, lost out on prospective students who actually want to finish with a bit more ROI/Value in getting the 'best bang for their buck'. From additional changes, delays, fees, regulations, etc, instead of making things cheaper, easier, faster, simpler for students, they're making things more rough for themselves in the long run and they just don't see that happening... Excelsior and TESU in the last reports, lost students overall, didn't check COSC.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 108 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Dual CS/CIS Degree Help! comatose95 13 340 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 10 857 09-24-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
  TESU BA Psych experimental psychology requirement wow 7 259 09-19-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU computer science and information systems are the same degree Chann 9 682 09-19-2024, 10:29 AM
  Does TESU take Saylor Software Engineering as UL or LL? Jwheels27 7 516 09-18-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Chann
  TESU Evaluation Chann 2 223 09-18-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Chann
  Pausing Enrollment at TESU bradonomics 6 266 09-18-2024, 01:09 AM
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 1 361 09-12-2024, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Vin
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 9 1,103 09-11-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: LevelUP