Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pierpont new residency requirement
Our daughter is interested in an Associates degree in Art or Applied Design, which are areas of emphasis in this degree. If she takes these classes as a dual enrollment student while still in high school, they would come out $60 per credit. 12 credits x $60 = $720, plus whatever fee it will cost at that time, and it might still be attractive around $1000 all in. We shall see, she is still too young.

I assume that nobody here knows of a better Associates degree in Art or Design with no residency requirement?
For the communication (3 credits: Communications) in General education area the Sophia course workplace communication will fit the spot?

The question is for the Pierpoint AAS
I've pretty much written Pierpont off at this point anyway. I'm not going to send hundreds of dollars to a place that does not reply to emails or voicemails for more than a month.
I'm not surprised to hear of this change. It is too bad, but it just proves the point that these degree path opportunities come, and then they go. Don't wait when you see them, take them as soon as possible (before they're gone). This will alter the plans of many who had hoped to use this AAS degree as the route to the UMPI BAS; but no change in the other YouPace UMPI bachelor options - and certainly no impact on the other schools we talk about here for bachelors.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 5 users Like allvia's post:
  • jch, jg_nuy, mohelena02, Pikachu, ss20ts
This is disheartening. If we apply before 4th, could we still get it without that requirement?
(08-16-2024, 03:01 PM)AirborneAgent Wrote: I've pretty much written Pierpont off at this point anyway.  I'm not going to send hundreds of dollars to a place that does not reply to emails or voicemails for more than a month.

My daughter spent a month or two after they had her transcripts emailing time after time without reply but eventually someone responded and things worked out.  I suspect that they do not consider the BOG program anything of a priority.  I suspect they consider it a pain in the backside.
Disappointing. I wonder if there are other Associate's programs out there like this one.

It also makes me wonder why they even bothered allowing international students to enroll into the BOG if they were going to roll out this change down the line...
(08-16-2024, 06:34 PM)Pikachu Wrote: Disappointing. I wonder if there are other Associate's programs out there like this one.

It also makes me wonder why they even bothered allowing international students to enroll into the BOG if they were going to roll out this change down the line...

They may not have known they would be making these changes at that time. Or they thought it would be a way to bring in more $$$ by accepting international students.
For those interested in a similar option, you can check out Blue Ridge and WVNCC to see if they have the 3-12 credit residency requirements, they may offer waivers of the 3-12 credits.

My previous post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid423018

Here's the one you should review: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid419753
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I checked out some more WV Community Colleges, and some others offer the BOG with only a 3 credit residency requirement "to establish institutional GPA". I am not sure if they have areas of emphasis though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 26 1,496 09-17-2024, 08:33 PM
Last Post: FeFe_Fiona
  Pierpont Contacts - Please Do Not Spam Them tensen 20 5,512 09-17-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Bermy18
  Pierpont is still processing BOGs! lvl0rg4n 3 174 09-16-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24 Jkjy 29 1,902 09-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: delvin
  Pierpont BOG Progress AirborneAgent 10 1,230 09-15-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 20 3,712 09-13-2024, 08:25 PM
  Rest in peace, Pierpont BOG AAS? Robson 10 921 09-13-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Pierpont BOG inkwell 2 231 09-12-2024, 08:24 PM
  Pierpont BOG / 1 credit needed intheprocess 7 536 09-09-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: DThomas
  new here applied to Pierpont and Umpi doctorTorres 24 1,512 09-04-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres