Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pierpont new residency requirement
12 RA credits is doable. Not near as doable as before, but still doable. After all, TESU requires 24cr, and people manage to do that.

Pierpont requiring 12 Pierpont residency credits is not doable, however. I do find it interesting that it says, "The institution granting the degree may require the student to complete up to three credit hours at the host institution." That wording pretty clearly implies that Pierpont can't require more than three credits be completed at Pierpont for the BOG degree.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Ares
(08-19-2024, 11:49 AM)davewill Wrote: I do find it interesting that it says, "The institution granting the degree may require the student to complete up to three credit hours at the host institution." That wording pretty clearly implies that Pierpont can't require more than three credits be completed at Pierpont for the BOG degree.

That is interesting indeed.
But even if Pierpont can't require more than 3 credits to be completed with them, it still amounts to $1,707 (nonresidents) or $717 (WV residents) in tuition fees.
(08-19-2024, 01:04 PM)cro-magnon Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 11:49 AM)davewill Wrote: I do find it interesting that it says, "The institution granting the degree may require the student to complete up to three credit hours at the host institution." That wording pretty clearly implies that Pierpont can't require more than three credits be completed at Pierpont for the BOG degree.

That is interesting indeed.
But even if Pierpont can't require more than 3 credits to be completed with them, it still amounts to $1,707 (nonresidents) or $717 (WV residents) in tuition fees.

It will probably be over $2k with all additional fees. I can't imagine anyone paying that much for a generic AA degree, when it's cheaper to do a session at UMPI.
Before Oct 4, Pierpont is still the best option... For many, going for a TESU or UMPI degree, can get the 'freebie' associates on route... TESU has associates that do not require capstones, UMPI has the AALS, both free...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-17-2024, 06:26 PM)bryceton Wrote: This is going to make things difficult for me as was planning this route, however. rather than taking to winter to finish up everything Ill rush it to finish by end of this month instead in hopes of it working out. One thing that is not really explicit is. Should I apply only after I am done everything? Or is it better to apply now and send in the transfers in a couple weeks once I'm done?
thanks

Apply now, but I would not plan on making it before the October 4 change.  I sent in my transcripts on July 4th and they haven't been processed yet.

Were you shooting for the UMPI BAS?
Oh no how sad. My brother and sister in law got their degrees from Pierpont.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
(08-19-2024, 02:55 PM)AirborneAgent Wrote:
(08-17-2024, 06:26 PM)bryceton Wrote: This is going to make things difficult for me as was planning this route, however. rather than taking to winter to finish up everything Ill rush it to finish by end of this month instead in hopes of it working out. One thing that is not really explicit is. Should I apply only after I am done everything? Or is it better to apply now and send in the transfers in a couple weeks once I'm done?
thanks

Apply now, but I would not plan on making it before the October 4 change.  I sent in my transcripts on July 4th and they haven't been processed yet.

Were you shooting for the UMPI BAS?

Yes exactly, I have applied yesterday, I already got the login details and should have the required classes all done by sunday to then send in the transcripts. Ill just try to push them as much as a I can after that. I honestly wouldn't care if it took 6 months if it wasn't for the deadline.
(08-16-2024, 10:05 AM)RJ77 Wrote: So it went from free to $130 to $350 to $6,830...that escalated quickly. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Am I reading this correctly? $300 portfolio fee plus and additional $10 per credit hour acceptance fee? So if 60 credits are transferred in you are paying an additional $600?

https://catalog.pierpont.edu/preview_pro...turnto=401
UWell I guess my question would be if I applied for graduation and paid my fees already am I grandfathered into the old $350 fee for December 13th graduation?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24 Jkjy 29 1,751 2 hours ago
Last Post: delvin
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 22 1,110 5 hours ago
Last Post: millionwords
  Pierpont BOG Progress AirborneAgent 10 1,163 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 20 3,569 09-13-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Rest in peace, Pierpont BOG AAS? Robson 10 842 09-13-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Pierpont BOG inkwell 2 201 09-12-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont BOG / 1 credit needed intheprocess 7 516 09-09-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: DThomas
  new here applied to Pierpont and Umpi doctorTorres 24 1,440 09-04-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Alternatives to Pierpont BOG Jin Wang 13 946 08-30-2024, 05:39 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 45 7,206 08-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Tonyoliver097