Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craziest Proctoring Scenario?
Someone let me know if this needs to be moved to off-topic, but I thought it might be reassuring for those who are new to, and nervous about, the online proctoring setup.  It's so easy to feel like everything has to be perfect.

What is the weirdest or messiest environment you've been in, or the craziest thing you've been wearing, while taking an online-proctored exam?
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
I have twin four-year-old daughters. I usually wait until they are sleeping to take my exams. One night, they both woke up and came into the room full-out crying. I sat them up on each of my knees and finished the exam. No problems from the proctoring end. It probably made a nice little clip.
[-] The following 3 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • a2jc4life, BingCherry, Nixi
(10-06-2017, 02:46 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I have twin four-year-old daughters.  I usually wait until they are sleeping to take my exams.  One night, they both woke up and came into the room full-out crying.  I sat them up on each of my knees and finished the exam.  No problems from the proctoring end.  It probably made a nice little clip.

lol  I guess it's probably pretty clear they weren't offering you answers.  The proctor probably figured if you could still answer questions through the din, you must really know your stuff!  (No offense intended to your little ones with my reference to the "din," either.  I have five children, myself, and I love them but there's no question that sometimes it's noise and chaos!)
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

The very last proctored exam I had to take with Straighterline we had a tornado warning during the exam. LOL
I always sat on my bed to take these and the window is behind me. He and I could see it getting darker and darker outside and then suddenly the sirens went off. I said HEY! I have to pause the test immediately due to tornado warning! He said I see its dark and weird looking (the sky was green). I said I have to go in the living room and see the map and doppler radar. He said OK... BUT take me with you and keep the camera open at all times! (I use a laptop) HAHAHA  SO I DID!  He went with me to watch the doppler and wait it out (it hit north of me a few miles so we were good), then I went back in my room and resumed/completed the test. I was literally only 5 questions away from being done when it happened. He's probably never had that happen before!  Big Grin

Funniest story ever of my testing!
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
[-] The following 2 users Like BingCherry's post:
  • greencouch, Nixi
(10-06-2017, 03:20 PM)BingCherry Wrote: The very last proctored exam I had to take with Straighterline we had a tornado warning during the exam. LOL
I always sat on my bed to take these and the window is behind me. He and I could see it getting darker and darker outside and then suddenly the sirens went off. I said HEY! I have to pause the test immediately due to tornado warning! He said I see its dark and weird looking (the sky was green). I said I have to go in the living room and see the map and doppler radar. He said OK... BUT take me with you and keep the camera open at all times! (I use a laptop) HAHAHA  SO I DID!  He went with me to watch the doppler and wait it out (it hit north of me a few miles so we were good), then I went back in my room and resumed/completed the test. I was literally only 5 questions away from being done when it happened. He's probably never had that happen before!  Big Grin  

Funniest story ever of my testing!

Oh my gosh!
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

That has to be the most insane one I've read about, I've not experienced anything remotely close to that...
The weirdest was when my wife walked in asking me if I wanted to have some soup, otherwise yeah...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • BingCherry, Nixi
I still can't believe he wanted to keep the cam on! My mom was in the living room already with doppler on, and my sister had flown in for my mom's big surgery so she was there too. The guy just watched and waited with all 3 of us. WHY? HA!!
Maybe he was wanting to see it on cam, I don't know.
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
Maybe he wanted to make sure you didn't blow away. lol. That is crazy!!!
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
He probably had to make sure you didn't take advantage of the opportunity to go look up some answers or something before you came back.
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

(10-06-2017, 03:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That has to be the most insane one I've read about, I've not experienced anything remotely close to that...
The weirdest was when my wife walked in asking me if I wanted to have some soup, otherwise yeah...

You forgot to answer the most important question...did you want some soup that day?  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nixi's post:
  • a2jc4life, BingCherry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tired of WGU proctoring - non-proctored alternatives zadaea 14 16,364 09-08-2022, 04:08 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  Remote Proctoring deemed illegal as violation of 4th amendment rights? MNomadic 45 4,310 08-26-2022, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Saylor Proctoring $5 for all classes now! bjcheung77 18 3,161 03-16-2022, 06:33 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  ID question for proctoring Goldilocks! 2 876 01-08-2022, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Goldilocks!
  Remote Exam Proctoring Software/System bjcheung77 3 1,240 05-11-2021, 03:27 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  Webcam for Proctoring BrighterFuture88 10 5,203 09-20-2019, 01:44 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  NMJC proctoring homeschoolmom1 2 1,752 08-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Top 5 craziest exam cheating ways caught by Examity Nixi 13 15,957 06-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Outside Proctoring of TECEPs EllisGrant 4 1,713 02-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Straighterline Business Ethics Proctoring Question smf6824 4 1,230 07-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Last Post: AngelaP