Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit sufficiency for Pierpoint BOG Degree w/ AoE in IS
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I meet the requirements to obtain Pierpoint's BOG Degree with an AoE in Information Systems. After obtaining the degree I plan to attend WGU and enrolling in the Accelerated BSIT to MSITM program. Here is what I have so far:

Coursera through TADA:

15 - Google IT Support Professional Certificate
10 - Google UX Design Certificate
9 - Google Cybersecurity Certificate

Local community college (2008):

3 - Sociology
3 - Oral Communication

Sophia:

3 - College Algebra
3 - Critical Thinking
3- Environmental Science
2- Human Biology Lab
4 - Principles of Management
3 - Intro To Relational Databases
3 - Intro To Statistics
3 - Intro To Web Development
3 - U.S. Government
3 - Visual Communications
3 - Intro To Java Programming

Total credits = 73

I also have 3 CompTIA certs, A+, N+, and Sec+ but not sure if Pierpoint would count those. Does anyone know?

I've seen that Introduction To IT on Sophia would suffice for the AoE, but since I already have the Google IT Support Professional Certificate wouldnt that meet the requirement? Or would I still need to take that class?

If there's anything I'm missing or you think I should take on Sophia (with no touchstones) feel free to recommend.

Thanks in advance!
(03-11-2024, 10:10 PM)DEPY Wrote: Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I meet the requirements to obtain Pierpoint's BOG Degree with an AoE in Information Systems. After obtaining the degree I plan to attend WGU and enrolling in the Accelerated BSIT to MSITM program. Here is what I have so far:

Coursera through TADA:

3 - Sociology
3 - Oral Communication

Sophia:

3 - College Algebra
3 - Critical Thinking
3- Environmental Science
2- Human Biology Lab
3 - Intro To Statistics
3 - U.S. Government

Total credits = 73

I also have 3 CompTIA certs, A+, N+, and Sec+ but not sure if Pierpoint would count those. Does anyone know?

I've seen that Introduction To IT on Sophia would suffice for the AoE, but since I already have the Google IT Support Professional Certificate wouldnt that meet the requirement? Or would I still need to take that class?

If there's anything I'm missing or you think I should take on Sophia (with no touchstones) feel free to recommend.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, this should be enough. The process takes a while to get enrolled and apply for graduation.

apply now and keep moving towards your other goals, if for any reason you needed another credit or two Nancy would be the one to ask.

but this should get you the BOG
Degree:
Pierpont - BOG Information Systems
Certs:
TEEX - Cybersecurity
Google - IT/Marketing
Edx - Digital Asset Management/Workplace Diversity
Uni of SC - Leadership in Hospitality
Credits:
Sophia/Saylor/Coursera/CSM/ASU/TEEX
(03-11-2024, 10:48 PM)Chimera Wrote:

Coursera through TADA:

3 - Sociology
3 - Oral Communication

Sophia:

3 - College Algebra
3 - Critical Thinking
3- Environmental Science
2- Human Biology Lab
3 - Intro To Statistics
3 - U.S. Government

Total credits = 73

Thanks in advance!

Yes, this should be enough. The process takes a while to get enrolled and apply for graduation.

apply now and keep moving towards your other goals, if for any reason you needed another credit or two Nancy would be the one to ask.

but this should get you the BOG

Thank you for your reply. I spoke to Nancy a few days ago. She recommended that I apply for the Summer 2024 term and to submit my transcripts prior to the 15th. The only thing I'm waiting on from Sophia is for my Java Programming assignment to be graded then I will be able to send in my transcript. I'm not sure if this'll all be done in time because I don't know how long the application process takes as I did it this morning (11th).
@DEPY, Great initial post and reply, however, it's missing the addendum and template. We now know you're going the Pierpont BOG AAS, possible Accelerated WGU BSIT & MSITM, but we don't know anything else. From the looks of things, you have the RA credits to get the Pierpont BOG and enough credits, I would just re-confirm you've got the 15 gen eds from the WIKI link. If you do, then the remainder of the credits can be anything, so you can continue working on the balanced mix/match trifecta of certs, degree, experience. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Coursera through TADA:

3 - Sociology
3 - Oral Communication

Sophia:

3 - College Algebra
3 - Critical Thinking
3- Environmental Science
2- Human Biology Lab
3 - Intro To Statistics
3 - U.S. Government

Total credits = 73

Thanks in advance!

Hello I believe you should have enough for the AoE, but just wanted to add that when I recently transferred the Google IT cert I only got 6cr for it at Pierpont. Im not sure if this was a mistake or it could be that they only give up to a certain amount for certain certs. Just wanted you to be aware just in case.
(03-14-2024, 03:58 PM)JohnJ2024 Wrote:

Coursera through TADA:

3 - Sociology
3 - Oral Communication

Sophia:

3 - College Algebra
3 - Critical Thinking
3- Environmental Science
2- Human Biology Lab
3 - Intro To Statistics
3 - U.S. Government

Total credits = 73

Thanks in advance!

Hello I believe you should have enough for the AoE, but just wanted to add that when I recently transferred the Google IT cert I only got 6cr for it at Pierpont. Im not sure if this was a mistake or it could be that they only give up to a certain amount for certain certs. Just wanted you to be aware just in case.

I just transferred and got the the full credit amount. When did you get the certificate and where from ?
Degree:
Pierpont - BOG Information Systems
Certs:
TEEX - Cybersecurity
Google - IT/Marketing
Edx - Digital Asset Management/Workplace Diversity
Uni of SC - Leadership in Hospitality
Credits:
Sophia/Saylor/Coursera/CSM/ASU/TEEX
It depends on what you're transferring into Pierpont already, you may have enough Info Systems related classes and there wasn't a need to have more for the AOE.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 558 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  One Credit Search Is a NIGHTMARE writergirlLA 11 1,705 04-16-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,816 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Confirm degree completed Carnation 0 489 01-26-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  What are the steps to transfer Arizona University credit to Pierpont Avidreader 21 1,822 01-19-2024, 04:54 PM
  Pierpont credit for certification? maebak2skl 8 611 01-19-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: maebak2skl
  Degree Approval Timeline for BOG (December Graduation) txc1500 10 1,162 12-13-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: txc1500
  Pierpont --- Associate degree question midnite123 17 1,496 11-28-2023, 01:54 PM
  NA Credits for AAS at Pierpoint chrisv 7 552 11-14-2023, 02:34 AM
  Pierpont to Charge $130 Fee for BOG Degree MissRN 35 3,580 11-08-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: NapoleonInRags