Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer
No one said Open College and ExcelTrack were the same thing. They're totally different. The website makes that very clear. Get people into what graduate program?
I was the one comparing the two from Open College and Exceltrack.  I think this program is alright, I did a quick calculation on the other thread.  The most logical choice for a graduate program a student taking the open college option would be the MBA Exceltrack option.  Otherwise, it'll be really expensive going for a non exceltrack option... Here's my calculation: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid323109
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
There is no way I am doing a Master's degree through them. I'll gladly profusely state I plan on getting in a Master's degree program from them, if it makes them work harder to give me credit, all day long if I have too.

What I mean when say they are using it to push graduate is school is they seem to want you to go onto spend $30k one of their Master's degrees and that is why they are bending over backwards to give prospective students credit. The advisor comes back to the topic frequently.

PLA on this seems fairly easy and generous. It is a course for BSPr degrees and it seems to average 30+ credits for adult learners. I won't know until I hear back or even more so start the program. No mention of doing pages and pages like TESU. If that is the case it could be a very lucrative source of credit depending on the background.

For me, even busting out a 15 page portfolio on Linux, Windows, Cloud or DevOps topics is a weekend project for each 5 to 6 credit course. I don't think most of them require that much as long as you can verify work history and corporate training.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
(11-28-2020, 04:25 AM)xicovu Wrote: PLA on this seems fairly easy and generous. It is a course for BSPr degrees and it seems to average 30+ credits for adult learners.

If what they're telling you is accurate, $1500 for 30 credits is $50 a credit! A relatively inexpensive way to turn life experience and MOOCs into RA credit.
(11-28-2020, 04:43 AM)innen_oda Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 04:25 AM)xicovu Wrote: PLA on this seems fairly easy and generous. It is a course for BSPr degrees and it seems to average 30+ credits for adult learners.

If what they're telling you is accurate, $1500 for 30 credits is $50 a credit! A relatively inexpensive way to turn life experience and MOOCs into RA credit.

That's the big part is I don't know how generous this is going to be. I've got rough draft PLA's for 6 courses lined out already. If all it takes is a letter from a manager, some fellow engineers and some print off's with some company training/online courses  and a few pages of writing I think that once I have this AWS Solutions Architect cert done and the PLA turned in it'll just be generals left through PGU. Either way, BSPr is the best thing I've found so far for how much credit they'll give for certs. A max of 3 certs can get you 3/4 of a BS degree in the program: AWS Solutions Arch. Associate + Comptia CySA + W3Schools PHP.

Failing the PLA panning out, a Comptia CySA+ would fill up the remaining credit, or Server+, Linux+, Google Support Certs + Google Python Automation Course.

Google Support technician for 10 + TEEX for 15 is still over half of the required remaining 45.

(11-28-2020, 05:03 AM)xicovu Wrote: That's the big part is I don't know how generous this is going to be.

Agreed, and it's why I'm a little skeptical. Purdue Global courses are, while decent, somewhat deceptively priced (imo) - so I'm little a suspicious because this would be an incredible deal for the student. Purdue Global has every incentive to entice the student to sign up and get them to psychologically commit to the school, but somewhat less incentive to save the the student money once they've committed.

The fact that it's so difficult to discern the actual cost of PLAs is only heightening my skepticism.

I'm still hopeful, but.
(11-28-2020, 04:25 AM)xicovu Wrote: There is no way I am doing a Master's degree through them. I'll gladly profusely state I plan on getting in a Master's degree program from them, if it makes them work harder to give me credit, all day long if I have too.

What I mean when say they are using it to push graduate is school is they seem to want you to go onto spend $30k one of their Master's degrees and that is why they are bending over backwards to give prospective students credit. The advisor comes back to the topic frequently.

PLA on this seems fairly easy and generous. It is a course for BSPr degrees and it seems to average 30+ credits for adult learners. I won't know until I hear back or even more so start the program. No mention of doing pages and pages like TESU. If that is the case it could be a very lucrative source of credit depending on the background.

For me, even busting out a 15 page portfolio on Linux, Windows, Cloud or DevOps topics is a weekend project for each 5 to 6 credit course. I don't think most of them require that much as long as you can verify work history and corporate training.

I am looking at Purdue Global for grad school and won't be spending anywhere near $30K. I'll be completing an MBA in the ExcelTrack. 

My husband currently attends Purdue Global and no one has ever mentioned grad school to him. His advisor has never brought it up. He talks to his advisor often, too. They're focused on his current degree.
Holy crap lady, what is it with you and having to justify your husband and his education choices?

I'm glad it working out for him, but seriously, come of it. My advisor is planning my degree as a stepping stone to a Masters. Sounds like your husband and his advisor isn't planning his degree as a stepping stone to a Master's.

My advisor is part of the Open College program and can make a custom degree plan. Your husband is an an ExcelTrack that has a relatively set degree plan. The plan as it stands with my advisor is I will be transferring 120 credits into the program, with almost 1/3 of that PLA. He can't say for sure that I'll get all the PLA I would look, but so far there are 6 courses work roughly 30 credits identified.

I never mentioned graduate school, but he's made a plan for me anyways. Sounds like there is an interest in getting BSPr students into the MS programs to me or he wouldn't of taken the initiative and spent the time across two calls to address it.

Your husband is in an ExcelTrack program. I am not in an ExcelTrack program. Do have I have to post every email and every phone call or something? 

Drop it.

YOU said Purdue keeps bringing up grad school. Go read what you've written. I doubt you'll complete this program anyway. You're the one who has multiple threads on the topic. No one else.
(11-28-2020, 07:53 AM)innen_oda Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 05:03 AM)xicovu Wrote: That's the big part is I don't know how generous this is going to be.

Agreed, and it's why I'm a little skeptical. Purdue Global courses are, while decent, somewhat deceptively priced (imo) - so I'm little a suspicious because this would be an incredible deal for the student. Purdue Global has every incentive to entice the student to sign up and get them to psychologically commit to the school, but somewhat less incentive to save the the student money once they've committed.

The fact that it's so difficult to discern the actual cost of PLAs is only heightening my skepticism.

I'm still hopeful, but.

That's the reason why I'm taking it as a good sign that they are trying to push a Master's after this. I've talked to other schools like Capella, Charter Oak, and WGU and the gentleman on the other end at PGU seemed to be doing whatever he could to get credit sources -- but he always circled back to grad school. There is no doubt that PGU still has a profit motive and it doesn't otherwise make sense why they would make it so easy to get this done so fast. My understanding is Kaplan still manages the school and still makes a profit off enrolling students so buyer beware still applies.

I'm not going to have an update until I get this AWS cert done. Once I do and really start the PGU BPSr I'll add my experience here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Utah Schools switching to the 3-year Bachelor Airamb 6 375 03-27-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 262 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,612 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,988 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 983 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Other Brick and Mortar Public Univ's that Accept ACE Credit cdrob44 18 2,581 09-06-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 1,131 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 720 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,195 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,672 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic