Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL
(09-19-2023, 06:48 AM)rachel83az Wrote: What state?

There are free duel enrollment classes at some schools, such as https://www.deanza.edu/admissions/dual/ They don't list any residency requirements there, that I can see. Their application/permission form even asks what state the student is located in. So, I don't think there are any restrictions. But I could be mistaken.

There is also a big list here: https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.co...ment-list/ At $25/credit or $100/course, the prices for duel enrollment can rival Study.com and StraighterLine. Amazon offers extremely cheap textbooks, either used or as a rental, so costs there should also be low. Unless an access code is required, but just avoid those classes.

Take advantage of the free/cheap duel enrollment while possible!
We are not U.S citizen, we don't live in the U.S and we don't live near a school that offers AP exams.

As for dual enrollment it seems to be a very U.S thing, he doesn't study in a U.S high school.
We live in Central Africa
Not living in the US is pretty important information that should be included up front. Some schools with generous transfer policies are ridiculously expensive for international students. Actually, most are probably like that. TESU is an odd one out in that the pricing for everyone outside of New Jersey is the same. It doesn't matter if a student is from the US or from somewhere else: if they don't reside in New Jersey, they'll pay the same rate.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Yeah, you don't want to 'duel' it out with someone for enrollment either... kidding, anyways, you need to review the options in post #10. Your best bet is to gather ACE and NCCRS credit towards your degree plan of choice from institutions that we recommend, such as Excelsior, PUG, SNHU, TESU, UMPI, and whatever else comes to mind that we have a WIKI on... The Plans link on my signature is for all degree plans, you can find the category for each institution if you wanted, here's that link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ca...gree_Plans
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-19-2023, 04:17 AM)ausernameisneeded Wrote: Hi, do any of you guys know or have a list of regionally accredited brick and mortar schools that have a 30 credits residency requirements and accept a lot of credits from Sophia, Saylor, Study.com and straighterline?
The one I know of is SNHU.
Columbia College accepts 90 transfer credits and accepts ACE: https://www.ccis.edu/admissions/transfer...quivalency

Kinda expensive, around 17k per year.
Columbia appears to charge online students $375 per credit hour with a partner rate of $320. I know nothing about the quality of the school.
I recently applied to a number of colleges, including Charter Oak. Charter Oak accepted 46 credits out 95 from Sophia. The other colleges accepted between 81 to 87 credits. Perhaps COSC should be removed from the Big 3 and Liberty and UMGC added.
Listing COSC outside of the Big 3 and taking alternative credit for transfer are two different things... COSC is in the Big 3 for max transfers. The specific college discussion list already has WGU, UMPI and Pierpont added, we can always add PUG, SNHU, UMGC, Liberty or any others if there is a need or request to do so, at the time being, there is a subforum for "General B&M, other colleges" for those... The WIKI has a list of other institutions as well...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-30-2023, 09:02 AM)SophiaPrincess Wrote: Columbia appears to charge online students $375 per credit hour with a partner rate of $320. I know nothing about the quality of the school.
I recently applied to a number of colleges, including Charter Oak. Charter Oak accepted 46 credits out 95 from Sophia. The other colleges accepted between 81 to 87 credits. Perhaps COSC should be removed from the Big 3 and Liberty and UMGC added.

Liberty is okay...lots of degrees but will hurt you if you ever want to progress into certain realms such as academia.

(09-19-2023, 04:54 AM)ausernameisneeded Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 04:37 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It might help if you said why you're looking for this information.
To gather as much information as I can and build a college list.
I have a nephew who will graduate high school in 2 years.

(09-19-2023, 04:37 AM)rachel83az Wrote: UMPI is another.

TESU doesn't have a 30 credit residency requirement, but they're also another.

So is Excelsior.

Charter Oak is also a B&M university.
Yeah but within those, SNHU is the one that has the bigger campus and majors.
He doesn't know what he'll major in.
And we're not looking only for academics.
In person extracurricular  activities, community, clubs, research ... are a must

How is any of this relevant if he is in Central Africa?
(09-30-2023, 11:35 AM)Duneranger Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 09:02 AM)SophiaPrincess Wrote: Columbia appears to charge online students $375 per credit hour with a partner rate of $320. I know nothing about the quality of the school.

Liberty is okay...lots of degrees but will hurt you if you ever want to progress into certain realms such as academia.

How would liberty hurts you if you try to progress in academia?

[quote pid='404685' dateline='1696091726']
[/quote]

Planning and building a college list
[-] The following 1 user Likes ausernameisneeded's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
(09-30-2023, 01:02 PM)ausernameisneeded Wrote:

[/quote]

It's a religious-based school with numerous issues involving scandals/controversy and its curriculum. The online PhDs with near 100% acceptance rates are not taken seriously if you ever want to get into academia or receive tenure. The pros are its cheap and they have a ton of programs but it comes with baggage unless you are looking to just check the box or are extremely religious. There a million threads discussing the school on other forums as well as reddit with numerous PhDs and hiring committee members that have given their opinions on it.

Again, I don't see the relevance of these things unless he plans on coming to the US to study in person. He is trying to study online correct?
(09-30-2023, 01:36 PM)Duneranger Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 01:02 PM)ausernameisneeded Wrote:

It's a religious-based school with numerous issues involving scandals/controversy and its curriculum. The online PhDs with near 100% acceptance rates are not taken seriously if you ever want to get into academia or receive tenure. The pros are its cheap and they have a ton of programs but it comes with baggage unless you are looking to just check the box or are extremely religious. There a million threads discussing the school on other forums as well as reddit with numerous PhDs and hiring committee members that have given their opinions on it.

Again, I don't see the relevance of these things unless he plans on coming to the US to study in person. He is trying to study online correct?
[/quote]
He's not trying to study online, we are hoping to build a good profile for third party scholarships

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 13,264 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
  Utah Schools switching to the 3-year Bachelor Airamb 6 375 03-27-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 265 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 41,045 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 619 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,612 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  University of Arizona - Sophia (ACE) Guide dy4242 11 1,258 09-15-2023, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 983 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Other Brick and Mortar Public Univ's that Accept ACE Credit cdrob44 18 2,583 09-06-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 1,132 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore