Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Brick and Mortar Public Univ's that Accept ACE Credit
There's a lot of community colleges that meet your requirements. I'm sure you're looking for Bachelor's programs, but you can start at a CC and get all the lower level gen ed non traditional credit out of the way, graduate and then get the Bachelor's from a more "reputable" source.

There's also several "reputable" colleges that do grant non traditional credit for training and experience, think police academy or fire academy. But those are very specialized fields, and doesn't sound like it's what your kids are interested in.

For Occupational Safety I would strongly look at Columbia Southern University, they're very liberal with ACE credits, very strongly recommended in the safety industry, but do have that online school marketing.

Outside of this, TESU is going to be your best bet.
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208
(07-26-2023, 07:17 AM)cdrob44 Wrote: Hi All! What you all are doing with this forum is great - incredibly helpful to a lot of folks! I seek an audience with the Oracle(s) of ACE credit transfer  Tongue

Here's what I'm working on:

18 Yr Old HS Senior
17 Yr Old HS Junior

Is there an accurate list out there of reputable Brick and Mortar Public Univ's with online degree programs that Accept all (or most of) ACE Credits. Something along the lines of UMPI, but that would work for my HS kids? 

They really like the Sophia and Study.com courses, and have finished the following CLEPs below. The CLEPs are pretty slow going, and would like to focus in on Sophia for the bulk of the rest. 

History I
History II
Psych
Info Sys
English Comp
(Scored below 50 on College Algebra)

I've gone thru all the 'partner' school lists on sophia and study.com and not much there for us. Like everyone else, would like to avoid the programs that telegraph it's online. CSU Global would be good, but the 'online' moniker is too prevalent on their documentation and name for my comfort. Cost is not the driving factor for us, it's reputation and the ability to get future internships and eventually employment. I've read all the insights into TESU on here as well. Perspective majors up to this point are: Bus Admin - Information Systems, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Information Science. These kids aren't the child prodigy-types....normal, B & C students. Hopefully that paints the picture. I'd appreciate your insights, ideas for online programs (anything is on the table, so if you have any creative ideas, please share)!  

All The Best and Many Thanks!

CD Rob

MS, Central Michigan Univ '96
BS, TN Tech Univ '94
US Army
I used to ask myself the same question and then I found out there is a search bar beneath the study.com partner list indicating which universities consider ACE recommended credit. Back then I was looking at Penn State World Campus. I contacted them and they confirmed to me that they do consider ACE recommended credits. Just use the search bar feature and then contact the school of your choice via e-mail.
Partner Universities | Study.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes IReallyNeedADegree's post:
  • origamishuttle
cdrob44 Wrote:Good points - appreciate the comments. I agree, the bar is high. I've seen a lot of policies get waived, changed, or disregarded on the good old "case-by-case" basis. Ya never know. Sometimes you can get a room full of smart people put their minds together and come up with a way when there is no way. It's really fun when that happens.  Wink

Quick Recap: Basically, It's great that you're pre-planning for your kids, we know the basics such as their age, current grades, you've reached out to community colleges to see if they accept ACE credits, and we know what you're looking for in an institution, such as a B&M college/university with an online option.

We know what you want, but we still haven't got the main details that may contain answers to questions, these pieces of info paint a bigger overview of their situation. That's the reason I ask for you to complete the template/addendum, as we're getting your side of the picture but it may not really represent theirs.

And to comment on what is quoted, we do have a 'full house' here on the board, we try to provide advice even though it may go in multiple directions as our advice may be a bit focused on a personal level on how we would do things, but ultimately, you're getting your teens to a debt free degree and practically 3/4th of a degree for less than a year of college.

You may want to re-read post #7 of mine... As we don't know which state you're in and which college you corresponded with, I'll use Pierpont as an example for Dual Enrollment. Pretend your teens are looking for an AALS, you take 15 credits at Pierpont for $25/credit, total cost for the entire degree is $375+fees (you can CLEP/MS or Sophia.org the rest of the 45 credits).

If you're in another state, most institutions allow CLEP/ACE credits but will have a maximum, we have a thread with institutions that allow more, such as 90 credits total. These are either private, non-profit or they're public/state institutions such as four year colleges or universities. CLEP/ACE are accepted by nearly 2-3 thousand institutions, find the ones that allow the max transfer!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(07-29-2023, 12:50 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
cdrob44 Wrote:Good points - appreciate the comments. I agree, the bar is high. I've seen a lot of policies get waived, changed, or disregarded on the good old "case-by-case" basis. Ya never know. Sometimes you can get a room full of smart people put their minds together and come up with a way when there is no way. It's really fun when that happens.  Wink

Quick Recap: Basically, It's great that you're pre-planning for your kids, we know the basics such as their age, current grades, you've reached out to community colleges to see if they accept ACE credits, and we know what you're looking for in an institution, such as a B&M college/university with an online option.

We know what you want, but we still haven't got the main details that may contain answers to questions, these pieces of info paint a bigger overview of their situation.  That's the reason I ask for you to complete the template/addendum, as we're getting your side of the picture but it may not really represent theirs.

And to comment on what is quoted, we do have a 'full house' here on the board, we try to provide advice even though it may go in multiple directions as our advice may be a bit focused on a personal level on how we would do things, but ultimately, you're getting your teens to a debt free degree and practically 3/4th of a degree for less than a year of college.

You may want to re-read post #7 of mine... As we don't know which state you're in and which college you corresponded with, I'll use Pierpont as an example for Dual Enrollment.  Pretend your teens are looking for an AALS, you take 15 credits at Pierpont for $25/credit, total cost for the entire degree is $375+fees (you can CLEP/MS or Sophia.org the rest of the 45 credits).

If you're in another state, most institutions allow CLEP/ACE credits but will have a maximum, we have a thread with institutions that allow more, such as 90 credits total.  These are either private, non-profit or they're public/state institutions such as four year colleges or universities.   CLEP/ACE are accepted by nearly 2-3 thousand institutions, find the ones that allow the max transfer!

It's so hard to find old threads via the search bar. Could you link the max transfer institution thread?
IReallyNeedADegree Wrote:It's so hard to find old threads via the search bar. Could you link the max transfer institution thread?

Yeah, that's the reason we made it a sticky in this sub forum: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...n-transfer

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • IReallyNeedADegree
https://sites.rowan.edu/registrar/transf...abase.html

Defy all odds, if money is not an issue, try Rowan. Top 200 NU, #7 Public School in NJ, very ACE & Alt credit friendly with most 2020 Sophia course pre-qualified in the equivalency database, if not taken in as free elective. Possible to complete a BA in 1 year with some efforts and alignment.

On the flip side, you can/will have to dig and plan the whole curriculum yourself to make it an online-only degree. The school requires min 30 Rowan credit, which also counts Rowan's own online courses, and no marking/marketing/distinction of fully online options. Since there's no official online degree program, they just don't have that reputation at all that I know of.

Thing may have changed since I graduated.
(09-05-2023, 03:25 AM)Silvious Wrote: https://sites.rowan.edu/registrar/transf...abase.html

Defy all odds, if money is not an issue, try Rowan. Top 200 NU, #7 Public School in NJ, very ACE & Alt credit friendly with most 2020 Sophia course pre-qualified in the equivalency database, if not taken in as free elective. Possible to complete a BA in 1 year with some efforts and alignment.

On the flip side, you can/will have to dig and plan the whole curriculum yourself to make it an online-only degree. The school requires min 30 Rowan credit, which also counts Rowan's own online courses, and no marking/marketing/distinction of fully online options. Since there's no official online degree program, they just don't have that reputation at all that I know of.

Thing may have changed since I graduated.
This is a great solution. I'd like to see more people who find their way onto the forum dig into Rowan and share their experiences.
University of New Hampshire College of Professional Studies online students Prior Learning Assessment policy accepts ACE and NCCRS.

Granite State College merged into UNH CPS in 2023. Granite State College was founded in 1972 as New Hampshire's state college for nontraditional adult learners. It was broadly similar to Big Three, except that Granite State had 30 sh minimum residency, so closer to SUNY Empire State.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • allvia
CUNY SPS accepts ACE/NCCRS, LevelUP has created a degree plan on the WIKI, here are some minor updates: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid402344

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 41,084 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,991 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 721 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue Global Masters in IT -- certification credit walruspanda 3 1,001 04-18-2023, 12:53 AM
  Does UMass Global accept Sophia and Study? nguyenquocbuu 4 1,825 10-30-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: nguyenquocbuu
Lightbulb Source for Online RA Credit?(Outlier.org) MNomadic 123 19,004 10-04-2022, 03:46 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  will UK unis accept a degree mostly from non-traditional sources? rvm 18 2,815 09-23-2022, 05:54 PM
Last Post: rvm
  The cheapest 3-credit Calculus II online course? nomaduser 20 4,824 07-29-2022, 02:23 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  New ASU ULC Courses: HST-100 Global History to 1500 and COM-225 Public Speaking doom 2 1,145 06-27-2022, 05:22 PM
  Columbia College - 90 credit transfer/60 non traditional bjcheung77 1 1,123 02-03-2022, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne