Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment?
(09-11-2023, 03:14 PM)MyRightHandIsBi Wrote: Alright an update:

I went with the suggestion from Rachel. While Modernstates is free, it said it takes a number of days to get approved for the exam, and I wanted it instantly. So I took the Saylor test and barely passed. CUNY SPS allowed me to drop the class with 50% refund since it was week 2. I sent them the Credly badge from Saylor and got credit for the class.

And yes, Bjcheung77, I have a lot of RA credits this is my first alternative credit. I thought I had credit for all the possible classes, so I definitely overpaid by about 3k. CUNY SPS is telling me that I can get alt credit until my last semester, then it's not allowed, so it looks like I am going to try and test out of the stats class I have coming up. I decided to keep my accounting and operations management classes because I actually like them and want to learn the material.

Thank you so much for the advice and for contributing here. Theres far more people who will learn from this site than will ever post.

I don't know if CUNY takes Sophia or Study.com courses, which are ACE credit. 

For Study.com they say it's not accepted on their Find a School page
https://study.com/college/school/index.h...sferSearch

And it's not listed on Sophia's site either.

Keep in mind each CUNY school has its own separate requirements.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(09-13-2023, 07:24 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 03:14 PM)MyRightHandIsBi Wrote: Alright an update:

I went with the suggestion from Rachel. While Modernstates is free, it said it takes a number of days to get approved for the exam, and I wanted it instantly. So I took the Saylor test and barely passed. CUNY SPS allowed me to drop the class with 50% refund since it was week 2. I sent them the Credly badge from Saylor and got credit for the class.

And yes, Bjcheung77, I have a lot of RA credits this is my first alternative credit. I thought I had credit for all the possible classes, so I definitely overpaid by about 3k. CUNY SPS is telling me that I can get alt credit until my last semester, then it's not allowed, so it looks like I am going to try and test out of the stats class I have coming up. I decided to keep my accounting and operations management classes because I actually like them and want to learn the material.

Thank you so much for the advice and for contributing here. Theres far more people who will learn from this site than will ever post.

I don't know if CUNY takes Sophia or Study.com courses, which are ACE credit. 

For Study.com they say it's not accepted on their Find a School page
https://study.com/college/school/index.h...sferSearch

And it's not listed on Sophia's site either.

Keep in mind each CUNY school has its own separate requirements.
From my colleague’s recent review they will take the Coursera ACE credits, some Saylor ACE, but not Study nor Sophia.
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • LevelUP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 267 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 41,083 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,614 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,990 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 1,134 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 721 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,200 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,674 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TEL Learning - your new best friend (cheap RA credits) dfrecore 107 19,272 10-17-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Olivet YourWay, How to get RA Credits Antonella 14 2,149 10-16-2022, 06:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az