Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico
Okay, I have taken a look. The masters and PhD require a Mexican CURP, so while foreigners could sign up for those degrees, without a CURP, it won't be possible.

They seem to state their open self paced language courses are awaiting genuine SEP accreditation, so it seems to be a take it under your own risk. But for the modest cost of 9 USD, you have nothing to lose. In a worst case scenario, the course might be good enough to pass an ACTFL exam. My Japanese is very rusty, so I think I'll give that course a shot.

I am also interested in the free Spanish grammar & spelling course. Only worth 60 hours, but maybe I will be lucky and it could be worth 1 or even 2 credits.

The masters degree is very affordable. Seems to be priced the exact same cost as a brick & mortar StateU university. The fact the university issues license numbers for masters free of charge is a very good sign the courses are legit.

A masters degree for 1000 USD seems like a real bargain. You can get it in only 18 months. The PhD seems to be a jack of all trades degree that accepts masters degree holders of a plethora of fields, seems to be a mix between entrepeurship and investigation oriented. I wouldn't exactly know how this works doing research in your house online. PhD costs around 7000 usd and takes 3 years.

(08-10-2023, 09:23 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Member Wrote:Hello AsianStew,

I hope you are doing well.

Since you are very active in the sister forum that is more dedicated to completing undergrad degrees, I would like to share the Universidad Virtual del Estado de Guanajuato. It is an official online university from the state of Guanajuato in Mexico that provides a lot of degrees at a very affordable price. For example, you can study a Bachelor in Computer Systems Engineering for 18 dollars per course. Based on the information provided by them, you take one course at a time and it takes one month to complete.

If a person speaks Spanish, it might be a great place to earn a degree.

I hope the forum finds it useful.

Have a great day!

Virtual University of the State of Guanajuato Link: https://uveg.edu.mx/index.php/es/
Computer Systems Engineering Link: https://uveg.edu.mx/index.php/es/info-isc

Got PM from a member of DegreeInfo providing details on a virtual university in Mexico.
So, anyone want to dig deeper into this? Seems like an interesting offering for the price...
I went online and did a quick glance on this particular program, there are 41 courses.
First 5 courses you have to do 1/month, all subsequent courses can be double-downed.
That means you can finish in exactly 23 months the entire program from 0 to 41.
You need a Mexican CURP number to sign up, which could be real tricky for foreigners. The social service is obligatory. Most likely you need to travel to Mexico and do some sort of menial office work like an unpaid internship for 2-3 months. Maybe for this specific degree it could be done online as a remote 6 hour a day unpaid internship. Length of this social service would not be longer than 6 months. So I guess it could be doable for foreigners if they can convince the university to do a remote internship. The curp will be the bigger hurdle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico - by Avidreader - 08-11-2023, 03:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 7 1,415 09-11-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: wow
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 126 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 542 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  How do you achieve multiple degrees? Ariadne 5 593 08-19-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 10 1,982 07-10-2024, 09:36 PM
  Twitter freaks out over person with many degrees RbxFunRocks 12 1,103 06-25-2024, 08:15 PM
  Affordable Online Data Science and Programming Degrees from IIT Madras (India) OtterDen 3 520 06-21-2024, 08:45 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 1,679 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Associate degrees??? midnite123 10 1,210 04-03-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 1,289 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh