Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer Sophia credits to BLS
Hello!

I finished the 2023 Spring term and took the mandatory classes in UMPI according to the BLS Management Degree Plan, but I still need some credits to meet the requirements for graduation yet. My friends told me that I can still transfer Sophia's credits and some certificates to UMPI even though the term is over. So I finished other necessary classes on Sophia this month and try to transfer my credits. I recently asked Jessica about it and she just told me to send the new transcript to edocs. 
However, I am still worried about it, so I hope I can get some advice here. Did anyone in this forum do the same thing before? Do I need to do other work to make sure the credits transfer to UMPI successfully? 

Here is my information,

Sophia(finished)
1. Intro to sociology
2. Business law
3. Intro to chem lab
4. Intro to ethics

Certificates (still working on)
1. IBM Data Analysis/Visual Fnd Spec
2. Google Project Management
3. Google Data Analytic

Thank you! 
If Jessica told you to just send the transcript(s), that's all you need to do. Did you already complete Sophia credits? I would guess so, because you're sending in Chem lab without Intro to Chem itself. If so, I presume you already have a Credly account? All you need to do is to log into Credly and send your completed credits like that. They'll be evaluated and added to your UMPI transcript.

Because the session has ended, I don't know if you'll still have to pay for another session or not even if you otherwise meet all graduation requirements. You may have to pay. That's something you'd need to discuss with UMPI staff.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • allvia, origamishuttle
@Hotwater,  Welcome to the board, how do you know the UMPI degree is what you need/want? To keep things simple: You need to complete at least or up to 90 credits of alternative credits towards the UMPI BLS Management minor to max out the transfers.  I suggest you finish the current session, put the next session on hold to get permission and complete the transfer credits all from Sophia.org/Study.com or another provider.

Here's the WIKI for UMPI Gen Eds: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...ts_Roadmap
And the WIKI for UMPI BLS Degree: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
BTW, you missed the template & last post addendum to give us an overview of what you need/want: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
Are you currently an UMPI student? You have to be taking classes at UMPI to apply for graduation. Did you check to see how many more credits you can transfer in?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Transfer credit question Educated Wombat 9 452 09-25-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Educated Wombat
  Enrollment and transfer evaluation process AverageAlien 0 112 09-22-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: AverageAlien
  Do I need to retake my sophia courses for a better grade? whereismyramen 2 220 09-14-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Adding more sophia and study,com credits ChuckMcNab 2 362 08-26-2024, 09:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia's Approach to Studying Religions fulfill 5A? majic29 0 184 08-16-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: majic29
  Transfer cybersecurity minor/major into UMPI? Robson 11 765 08-16-2024, 12:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question GEC Sophia credit question ecrane100 5 411 08-15-2024, 12:50 PM
Last Post: tdat314
  Denied Financial Aid Because of 182 Credits. Adam54321 30 2,301 08-11-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Sophia Class- Criminology to UMPI ? dm.hans32 3 416 08-09-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer Sophia to UMPI DavidGood 2 336 07-29-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: DavidGood