Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline - College Algebra
All, I was wondering if anyone has recently taken the College Algebra course at Straighterline? Could any provide any feedback from this course? Are the test's hard? Do they consist of just problems that you could use a calculator for? Any word problems?

Thanks again! I haven't taken math in over 5 years so I'm trying to gauge everything.
stcman118 Wrote:All, I was wondering if anyone has recently taken the College Algebra course at Straighterline? Could any provide any feedback from this course? Are the test's hard? Do they consist of just problems that you could use a calculator for? Any word problems?

Thanks again! I haven't taken math in over 5 years so I'm trying to gauge everything.

i did.. i was never able to find any help from other forums when it came to classes from straighterline
I hated it and gave up in the end. The majority of the material is a video of an instructor explaining things, I really struggle with that and would much prefer to see the concept written down and to read it on my own. I am doing ALEKS now which I like much better.
22306 Wrote:i did.. i was never able to find any help from other forums when it came to classes from straighterline

How were the tests? Did you have word problems? Or was it only just problems like (-3) +4 = ? Any information you could provide would be a big help!
I started it but I didn't make it past the second unit. It was unnecessarily hard and frustrating, I'm now doing Aleks.
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
Devanna Wrote:I started it but I didn't make it past the second unit. It was unnecessarily hard and frustrating, I'm now doing Aleks.
Funny, I had exactly the opposite problem.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
stcman118 Wrote:How were the tests? Did you have word problems? Or was it only just problems like (-3) +4 = ? Any information you could provide would be a big help!

They were number problems rather than word problems, based on the couple of units I made it through before giving up.
So you're saying the math was too hard, how were they hard? Is it the same kind of math that is in the lessons?
It is the same kind of math that was in the lessons, I just found it very hard to grasp the concepts based purely on the videos. I really have a blind spot when it comes to math.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,718 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 1,988 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,308 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 611 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 424 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 743 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 290 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  Online Linear Algebra Course (Except SNHU) sjdkn1 17 1,549 06-26-2024, 03:23 AM
Last Post: OtterDen
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 4 1,106 06-13-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 22 3,359 05-31-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Thfuriene