Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Residency Requirements
I was told by my academic success coach that I had fulfilled all the requirements to graduate this term. However, having read a lot of online feedback that the coaches have been incorrect in the past, I have completed a review to validate if I have met every requirement to graduate and it turns out that I havent met the residency requirements.

The residency requirements state:
  1. At least 30 credit hours of study through UMPI (met requirement)
  2. At least 12 of these credits must be in the major (met requirement)
  3. At least 9 of these 12 must be at the upper level - 300-level or above (have not met this requirement)
[Image: UMPI-Credits.png]

Is my understanding correct? If so, I have 2 options: BUS 353 or BUS 440. Which one is the easiest and fastest to complete?
Who is the academic success coach? Why am I asking? Because, they're correct! Yay for them and you... You're over thinking this a bit too much, you're good to go. Your upper level is the ones you didn't mention in the 'major', such as Human Resource Management, Project Risk & Cost Management, and lastly, Advanced PM Applications II. Voila, those alone already are 9 credits!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Darknigh7
(04-12-2024, 09:09 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Your upper level is the ones you didn't mention in the 'major', such as Human Resource Management, Project Risk & Cost Management, and lastly, Advanced PM Applications II.  Voila, those alone already are 9 credits!

Those aren't part of the major though, they're part of the Project Management concentration.

Bus Admin Major

[Image: BAM.png]]

Project Management Concentration

[Image: PMC.png]

I know I'm being super pedantic but I want to ensure that I'm fully covered given the many experiences I've read of people being told in the last couple of days in the term that they didn't meet requierments.
<yawn, it's early in the morning> Ask yourself, what's your BA in? The BA (Business Admin) major also includes your concentration, you can grab any link online to the BABA concentrations and it will say, 58-62 credits will be in the Major/Concentration... If you're still unsure, email the registrar, not your advisor to verify you're at the finish line.

(04-12-2024, 08:16 PM)FM1 Wrote: I was told by my academic success coach that I had fulfilled all the requirements to graduate this term. However, having read a lot of online feedback that the coaches have been incorrect in the past, I have completed a review to validate if I have met every requirement to graduate and it turns out that I havent met the residency requirements.

3. At least 9 of these 12 must be at the upper level - 300-level or above (have not met this requirement)

Is my understanding correct? If so, I have 2 options: BUS 353 or BUS 440. Which one is the easiest and fastest to complete?

So, are you saying we should clarify those residency requirements in the degree plan?

What about the requirements for the concentration?

So, for the major, people could take these courses at UMPI:
BUS 244: Management Information Systems or BUS 220: Managerial Accounting (to save Study.com cost)
BUS 325: Financial Management
BUS 440: Business Analytics
BUS 469: Strategic Professional Communication
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(04-13-2024, 01:50 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 08:16 PM)FM1 Wrote: I was told by my academic success coach that I had fulfilled all the requirements to graduate this term. However, having read a lot of online feedback that the coaches have been incorrect in the past, I have completed a review to validate if I have met every requirement to graduate and it turns out that I havent met the residency requirements.

So, are you saying we should clarify those residency requirements in the degree plan?

What about the requirements for the concentration?

So, for the major, people could take these courses at UMPI:
BUS 244: Management Information Systems or BUS 220: Managerial Accounting (to save Study.com cost)
BUS 325: Financial Management
BUS 440: Business Analytics
BUS 469: Strategic Professional Communication

My confusion is around whether the PM concentration courses count as courses for the Major. I don't want to chance it so I've taken BJ's advice and emailed the registrar's office for clarification.
I'm sure the registrar's office will clarify this for you, but isn't this something Jessica or your academic advisor should have handled? Did the role of the success coach change? I received exactly 1 email from my success coach throughout my time at UMPI and it was for instructions to access my courses.
I've had confirmation from both Sue and Jessica that I have met residency requirements. Now the waiting begins!
[-] The following 2 users Like FM1's post:
  • Hotdogman1, jg_nuy
Great stuff, exactly what I thought would happen... Let the wait begin, just start looking at getting a frame and search for new graduate programs unless you're going the MAOL route at UMPI.

I don't know if this was just an especially easy degree, but getting 4's across the board didn't take that much effort. Its given the confidence to pursue an MBA now so will be looking into that. I did consider a MAOL but I think I'd be better off with an MBA even though its much more costly.

Btw, what are the dimensions so I know I'm getting the right sized frames?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 298 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Which Sophia Classes Meet These Requirements? gc82 2 333 03-15-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Admission Requirements for Ancient Homeschooled Students Spalmer 2 418 01-03-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Confused on UMPI's Residency Requirements DolceDolce 1 529 11-03-2023, 09:22 PM
Last Post: DolceDolce
  Math , bio and bio with lab requirements Sara143 12 1,061 10-11-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Simplified GEC requirements rachel83az 6 731 09-17-2023, 09:01 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Minor residency requirement? saltedshrooms 4 713 08-10-2023, 05:56 PM
  Dual/Double Degree Requirements whimsyUnleashed 21 2,050 07-25-2023, 08:15 AM
  Is the course title listed on a UMPI transcript? (CPA requirements) moneyintheboring 5 911 03-06-2023, 09:44 PM
Last Post: moneyintheboring
  Gen Ed Requirements joshua27 7 728 12-16-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dfrecore