Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG / 1 credit needed
I decided to go for it and try for the BOG associates before it was discontinued. I had 38 credts to start. Verified the 1 credit courses are offered on JSU and ASU's websites and applied for both. Figured one of them would have to reach pierpont in time. Completed 23 credits in 2.5 weeks on Sophia to hit my 60 credits. Applied to Pierpont and sent my Sophia transcripts thru Credly. Activated my Asurite ID last week- they had tech problems but I finally received access to register for classes today. Went to enroll in the 1 credit course and it is no longer available. Undecided 
I checked again to be sure it is advertised on the website. It sure is! So I chat with tech support who said "Yeah, they took it down awhile ago. But have not informed us why it was removed". He also informed me that there are no other 1-2 credit courses that are self paced or cost $25 +$0 at this time. Said he will escalate the issue to tech support and see if they can enroll me. So it is a waiting game for me. JSU had not admitted me as of yet.

Does anyone know of any other courses that are quick and not too expensive that I could knock out quickly? I was excited for the ASU course since I have already completed the Coursera cert and knew I could get through it really fast.

Thank you,
Danielle
Update: I tried one more time thru email. That rep said it’s unavailable. Gave up on it and then got an email from the chat rep I had spoken to earlier. They let me know that the course was made available in my portal! Not sure if it was a tech issue or if you have to request it, but wanted to let everyone know to ask if it doesn’t show up. I registered and am starting the class today. If you’re taking this class for Pierpont, please keep in mind that it will take two weeks from the date of registration to be able to request it on your transcript.
Hoping I get everything finished and can turn in my application for graduation in 2 weeks!
TEL Learning offers a 1 credit RA course - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sources_of_Credit
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • intheprocess
This might help you but so you know, once you finish the course and click submit to ASU the official guidelines are around 5 business days but can take longer or less. so you will want to get the course done ASAP.
now if you are super crunch for time send an email with subject level 2 and request expedited and they will do it as long as you have been in the class for 2 weeks Wink

the level 2 hint goes for any major issue on ASU, if you are not getting any progress with general support.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bryceton's post:
  • intheprocess
(09-04-2024, 04:45 PM)intheprocess Wrote: . Activated my Asurite ID last week- they had tech problems but I finally received access to register for classes today. Went to enroll in the 1 credit course and it is no longer available. Undecided I checked again to be sure it is advertised on the website. It sure is! So I chat with tech support who said "Yeah, they took it down awhile ago. But have not informed us why it was removed". He also informed me that there are no other 1-2 credit courses that are self paced or cost $25 +$0 at this time. Said he will escalate the issue to tech support and see if they can enroll me. So it is a waiting game for me. JSU had not admitted me as of yet.

Enrollment at ASU was still possible a two weeks ago with it appearing to be routine, seamless, and automatic, involving no human assistance.  As with any organization, problems are multiplied when the janitor answers the phone and starts giving advice. To rephrase that, if your not talking to the person that knows they might be guessing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old Guy's post:
  • intheprocess
(09-05-2024, 04:33 PM)allvia Wrote: TEL Learning offers a 1 credit RA course - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sources_of_Credit

Thank you!

(09-06-2024, 03:50 AM)bryceton Wrote: This might help you but so you know, once you finish the course and click submit to ASU the official guidelines are around 5 business days but can take longer or less. so you will want to get the course done ASAP.
now if you are super crunch for time send an email with subject level 2 and request expedited and they will do it as long as you have been in the class for 2 weeks Wink

the level 2 hint goes for any major issue on ASU, if you are not getting any progress with general support.

Ooooh this is great info. Thank you!

(09-06-2024, 06:51 AM)Old Guy Wrote:
(09-04-2024, 04:45 PM)intheprocess Wrote: . Activated my Asurite ID last week- they had tech problems but I finally received access to register for classes today. Went to enroll in the 1 credit course and it is no longer available. Undecided I checked again to be sure it is advertised on the website. It sure is! So I chat with tech support who said "Yeah, they took it down awhile ago. But have not informed us why it was removed". He also informed me that there are no other 1-2 credit courses that are self paced or cost $25 +$0 at this time. Said he will escalate the issue to tech support and see if they can enroll me. So it is a waiting game for me. JSU had not admitted me as of yet.

Enrollment at ASU was still possible a two weeks ago with it appearing to be routine, seamless, and automatic, involving no human assistance.  As with any organization, problems are multiplied when the janitor answers the phone and starts giving advice.  To rephrase that, if your not talking to the person that knows they might be guessing.

Yes, I believe it was a tech issue that the frontline customer service reps were unaware of, so they assumed it was unavailable. I had to  speak with a few reps, but one of them took the time to escalate the issue to tech. They fixed the issue and I was able to enroll! Finished the class in about 3 hours. Now just waiting for grading on the writing assignment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes intheprocess's post:
  • allvia
Great stuff, finish all you need and apply for graduation at Pierpont before Oct 4, don't spam them, use the application and send them just that one email indicating you have all the required classes you need for graduation. That's the only thing you have to do and then pay the $350 for December 2024 graduation.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-05-2024, 03:36 PM)intheprocess Wrote: Update: I tried one more time thru email. That rep said it’s unavailable. Gave up on it and then got an email from the chat rep I had spoken to earlier. They let me know that the course was made available in my portal! Not sure if it was a tech issue or if you have to request it, but wanted to let everyone know to ask if it doesn’t show up. I registered and am starting the class today. If you’re taking this class for Pierpont, please keep in mind that it will take two weeks from the date of registration to be able to request it on your transcript.
Hoping I get everything finished and can turn in my application for graduation  in 2 weeks!

Thanks. Going through the same thing. Who was the  POC you emailed. I can follow up with them

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24 Jkjy 29 1,751 2 hours ago
Last Post: delvin
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 22 1,110 5 hours ago
Last Post: millionwords
  Pierpont BOG Progress AirborneAgent 10 1,163 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 20 3,569 09-13-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Rest in peace, Pierpont BOG AAS? Robson 10 842 09-13-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Pierpont BOG inkwell 2 201 09-12-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  new here applied to Pierpont and Umpi doctorTorres 24 1,440 09-04-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Pierpont new residency requirement homeschoolmom1 59 6,129 09-02-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: ElderlyLeemur
  Alternatives to Pierpont BOG Jin Wang 13 946 08-30-2024, 05:39 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 45 7,206 08-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Tonyoliver097