Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it too late for the BOG?
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and possibly interested in getting the BOG before I apply to UMPI. Is it still possible? For reference I have been taking courses on Sophia and Coursera. I don't have any college credits from a regional school but here is what I have completed in the past 10 days

Intro to Statistics- Sophia
Visual Communications - Sophia
Project Management - Sophia
Microeconomics - Sophia
Macroeconomics- Sophia
Microbiology - Sophia
Intro to Nutrition - Sophia
Intro to Ethics - Sophia
Intro to Business - Sophia
Human Biology (no lab yet) - Sophia
Environmental Science - Sophia
Art History II - Sophia
Google Digital Marketing and Ecommerce Cert  - Coursera
Google IT Support  Cert - Coursera
Google Project Management Cert - Coursera

Is it possible for me to pull this off before the deadline? If so what classes do I need to take to get it done? I am in English Comp 1 currently on Sophia and submitted all of my Touchstones except one just awaiting the grades from the other 3. Should I even attempt this or should I just focus on getting a BLS with a few minors from UMPI? Thanks in advance
Basically, it's not too late for the Pierpont BOG AAS, you're missing the ASU 1 credit graded class as per the WIKI. You should also fill in the addendum and template for us to get a bigger picture of your overall scenario. I highly recommend completing the ASU 1 credit class right away as it takes at least 2 weeks for it to be graded, you can take 1 day to finish the entire class and continue working on your Sophia.org classes towards the Pierpont BOG AAS and UMPI (up to 90+ credits).
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-08-2024, 11:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, it's not too late for the Pierpont BOG AAS, you're missing the ASU 1 credit graded class as per the WIKI.  You should also fill in the addendum and template for us to get a bigger picture of your overall scenario.  I highly recommend completing the ASU 1 credit class right away as it takes at least 2 weeks for it to be graded, you can take 1 day to finish the entire class and continue working on your Sophia.org classes towards the Pierpont BOG AAS and UMPI (up to 90+ credits).

Thanks. I have one more question. Does that course have to be the one from ASU? I just looked on Parchment and it appears I have a graded class from a Community College here in California from way back in the early 2000s. Would that count?
(09-09-2024, 09:25 AM)Samhain408 Wrote:
(09-08-2024, 11:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, it's not too late for the Pierpont BOG AAS, you're missing the ASU 1 credit graded class as per the WIKI.  You should also fill in the addendum and template for us to get a bigger picture of your overall scenario.  I highly recommend completing the ASU 1 credit class right away as it takes at least 2 weeks for it to be graded, you can take 1 day to finish the entire class and continue working on your Sophia.org classes towards the Pierpont BOG AAS and UMPI (up to 90+ credits).

Thanks. I have one more question. Does that course have to be the one from ASU? I just looked on Parchment and it appears I have a graded class from a Community College here in California from way back in the early 2000s. Would that count?
Your community college credit should count.
(09-09-2024, 09:25 AM)Samhain408 Wrote: Thanks. I have one more question. Does that course have to be the one from ASU? I just looked on Parchment and it appears I have a graded class from a Community College here in California from way back in the early 2000s. Would that count?

The only reason I can think of for your CC credit not to count would be if it were developmental, like taking "English 50" because you didn't pass the screening test for regular freshman English. I don't actually know what Pierpont's policy is for that situation...
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?