Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here seeking help
A UMPI BALS would probably be the fastest, cheapest, and arguably easiest way to use as many Sophia classes as possible. https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ A business degree would probably be the option that uses almost as many Sophia classes. Be aware that, if you choose a Liberal Studies degree from UMPI, you cannot go back and get any other bachelor's degree for them. So make sure that this "any degree" will actually get you where you want to go. You can still go after a Master's (or a Bachelor's from somewhere else) but you couldn't get a 2nd Bachelor's from UMPI.

If you do choose UMPI, you should take Biology 101 w/ lab from Study.com + American Government from InstantCert. You will also need Spanish or French which can come from SDC/InstantCert/CLEP.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-08-2021, 09:10 AM)channaleah Wrote: I jumped into Sophia classes head on.

You certainly did! 

If you follow the Git-R-Done UMPI plan  (degree in 6 months), the next stop is Intstantcert to do Spanish and a few other courses that UMPI takes.

Then Study.com for biology w/lab + few other courses, and then the last step enroll UMPI.

WGU is another option but they don't take as many Sophia courses, UMPI would be a cheaper/faster option. 
TESU/COSC I don't recommend for you because of the 30 RA credit requirement.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • jch
Just wondering, how long did it take you to complete this number set of courses? I think you're in great shape, most schools will allow a max of 90 credit alternative credit transfer. So, my recommendation is to max out the Sophia.org, InstantCertCredit, Study.com credits to a total of 90. Then complete the requirements at the school you choose. It all depends on which degree you're looking at and the school that offers the degree... You should shoot for CBE programs first, unless you need a specific degree at the Big 3.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-08-2021, 04:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just wondering, how long did it take you to complete this number set of courses?  I think you're in great shape, most schools will allow a max of 90 credit alternative credit transfer.  So, my recommendation is to max out the Sophia.org, InstantCertCredit, Study.com credits to a total of 90.  Then complete the requirements at the school you choose.  It all depends on which degree you're looking at and the school that offers the degree... You should shoot for CBE programs first, unless you need a specific degree at the Big 3.

I had the year long thing in august but didn't start working on classes until a little over a month ago. Some days I worked 10+ hours on classes. Some classes were less than a day, some took 1-3 days. English took forever. If you finish touchstones and are waiting on grading they will open another class for you.

What is the CBE program?
CBE = Competency Based Education (UMPI is an example here): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid338714
I suggest UMPI for you since you've knocked them out so quickly, otherwise, if you have other commitments and "life happens - situations", then it may cost 2-3 terms and that'll be the same price as other universities.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It will almost certainly take at least 2 terms (4 months) because not all classes are offered every term. They're offered every other term. But UMPI is still cheaper.

COSC = fees are slightly less than 3 terms at UMPI (not counting required RA credit)
EC = fees about 4 terms at UMPI
TESU = fees about 5 terms at UMPI (not counting required RA credit)
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-08-2021, 09:16 AM)rachel83az Wrote: A UMPI BALS would probably be the fastest, cheapest, and arguably easiest way to use as many Sophia classes as possible. https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ A business degree would probably be the option that uses almost as many Sophia classes. Be aware that, if you choose a Liberal Studies degree from UMPI, you cannot go back and get any other bachelor's degree for them. So make sure that this "any degree" will actually get you where you want to go. You can still go after a Master's (or a Bachelor's from somewhere else) but you couldn't get a 2nd Bachelor's from UMPI.

If you do choose UMPI, you should take Biology 101 w/ lab from Study.com + American Government from InstantCert. You will also need Spanish or French which can come from SDC/InstantCert/CLEP.

If you're going to take the Bio 101 w/lab from Study.com, then you may as well take American Government or Spanish there as well - you are paying for 2 courses for the month anyway, so make the most of it.

I agree though that the BLS is the cheapest/fastest, but the Business degrees are also good options - you might want to think hard though, and reformulate your plan if you decide to do this - there are many more courses to take, fewer electives, and you'll want to plan it out so that you maximize your time at UMPI.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Pursuing an MBA for Career Advancement in the USA leop25 4 516 08-26-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 33 2,760 07-26-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Seeking Advice on Fast-Tracking a Bachelor's Degree in PM+IS from UMPI Fiona 4 453 07-23-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New member seeking route to CS BS Rjones314314 8 768 07-15-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Seeking the Quickest and Easiest School Program nilo.laden 9 835 07-08-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Seeking Advice on transferring to WGU out of SNHU dlachance1977 5 774 03-26-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Seeking Guidance on beginning degree BeginAgain_1980 9 509 03-20-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Degree Advice - CS or Cybersecurity? yak_jac 11 942 02-24-2024, 01:23 AM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  Seeking Advice on Degree Plans: BS Computer Science, BS Cyber Security, and BA Human rutpun15 3 646 02-21-2024, 05:38 PM
  European seeking Computer Science or Math fcfcfc 11 1,082 01-20-2024, 04:52 PM