Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Advice on Degree Plans: BS Computer Science, BS Cyber Security, and BA Human
Your Location: I'm from Thailand and currectly working in the philippines. I work full time 9-6.
Your Age: 26

What kind of degree do you want?: BS computer science, Cyber security or Human resource management
Current Regional Accredited Credits: None
School Name Total Credits: I have an English major degree from Thailand and I would like to change my field of working and want to migrant to Germany or the states
Class Name, Credits, Grade : -

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits:

Provider Total Credits: # -

Hello everyone,

I'm new to navigating degree plans and seeking advice on the best approach to save on college costs while graduating efficiently. I'm considering platforms like Study.com, Sophia, and others. I'm particularly interested in pursuing a BS in Computer Science, a BS in Cyber Security, or a BA in Human Resource Management.

Could anyone provide a detailed comparison, preferably in spreadsheet format or course breakdown, outlining the pros and cons of each platform for these specific degrees? I'd greatly appreciate any insights or recommendations based on your experiences.

Thank you in advance for your help!

It would be great if I could save alot of costs.

As I checked on Ababin which is the database of the German government that provides information about the accreditation and acceptance of foreign third-level degrees around the world and TESU appears +h- which mean it could not be regonised or rejected by German universiry, COSC, Purder Global, Liberty, UMPI and Excelsior appear H+ which are accepted in Germany

My personal information:

1. Work Schedule: Working from 9-6 means my study time will primarily be in the evenings on weekdays around 3 hours and Weekends.
 8-10 hours. This requires a flexible study plan that accommodates my work hours.

2. Budget Constraints: Since I'm looking to save costs, opting for affordable options like Study.com or Sophia could be beneficial.

3. Time Management: Considering my ADHD and anxiety, it's important to have structured study plans and perhaps courses with engaging formats to keep me focused during my study time.

4. Medication: Being on medication for ADHD and anxiety might affect my study habits and energy levels, so choosing a program that offers support or flexibility in pacing could be advantageous.

5. Study Hours: Allocating around 3 hours on weekdays and 8-12 hours on weekends indicates a significant commitment to my studies. Opting for accelerated programs or platforms with self-paced learning options could suit my schedule.

6. Timeline: With my goal of completing my degree within 1 year to 1.5 years or less, prioritizing programs with accelerated options or credit transfer policies could help me achieve this goal.

Attached Files
.jpg   Screenshot_20240217_130136_Chrome.jpg (Size: 338.51 KB / Downloads: 11)
.jpg   Screenshot_20240217_130049_Chrome.jpg (Size: 329.14 KB / Downloads: 6)
.jpg   Screenshot_20240217_125958_Chrome.jpg (Size: 343.72 KB / Downloads: 6)
@rutpun15, Welcome to the board, great initial post with the addendum and template details, out of those institutions, if you're going the cheap, easy, fast and non-proctored option, UMPI BABA PM & IS (Project Management & Info Systems) is what I would recommend, it'll take the bulk of the Sophia.org and Study.com, plus you can take some Coursera, TEEX, cheap/free Certs towards the degree requirements.  I would skip the other institutions, you can research them to decide...

Basically, I usually recommend the balanced mix/match trifecta of certs, degree, experience, this is a very good option for you as it provides you a great ROI/Value if you complete the cheapies or freebies along with the degree.  Create a spreadsheet of what is required and use it for reference/tracking purposes... You can check the general education and degree requirements on the UMPI links here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI

Cheapies/freebies - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • rutpun15
(02-17-2024, 12:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @rutpun15, Welcome to the board, great initial post with the addendum and template details, out of those institutions, if you're going the cheap, easy, fast and non-proctored option, UMPI BABA PM & IS (Project Management & Info Systems) is what I would recommend, it'll take the bulk of the Sophia.org and Study.com, plus you can take some Coursera, TEEX, cheap/free Certs towards the degree requirements.  I would skip the other institutions, you can research them to decide...

Basically, I usually recommend the balanced mix/match trifecta of certs, degree, experience, this is a very good option for you as it provides you a great ROI/Value if you complete the cheapies or freebies along with the degree.  Create a spreadsheet of what is required and use it for reference/tracking purposes... You can check the general education and degree requirements on the UMPI links here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI

Cheapies/freebies - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit

I just wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for your detailed and insightful post. Your recommendations for navigating the educational landscape, particularly in the realm of cybersecurity, are invaluable. It's clear you've put a lot of thought and effort into your response, and I truly appreciate it.

I'm intrigued by your suggestion to consider the UMPI BABA PM & IS program as a cost-effective and efficient option. Your breakdown of how it integrates various resources like Sophia.org, Study.com, Coursera, and TEEX is incredibly helpful. The idea of creating a spreadsheet to track requirements is genius and something I'll definitely implement.
That said, I'm also considering the Purdue Global University FastTrack program for cybersecurity. Have you or anyone else here had any experience with it? I'm curious how it stacks up against UMPI in terms of curriculum, reputation, and overall value.
Once again, thank you for your guidance, bjcheung77 . Your expertise is greatly appreciated as I navigate this important decision.

Thank you Heart
For more info on PUG, you should review this thread and the linked thread in my post reply #15. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-questions
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for advice on choosing a degree for a career change frankc 14 1,013 11 minutes ago
Last Post: Obrajnick
  Tamuc & WGU planning advice onward25 2 42 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 4 156 5 hours ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 247 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 230 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 198 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 532 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 2 243 09-15-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 283 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 295 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77