Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most affordable online Master in Finance for international student
I'm currently working on my bachelor's in business at UoPeople and would like to do a masters in finance afterwards. I'm from a rather poor country and money is the key factor when choosing where to go to grad school. Ideally, I'd like to pay less than $10k for my masters or at least as close as possible to it.

Do you guys have any good suggestions ?
West Texas A&M

https://www.wtamu.edu/academics/college-...ogram.html
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
(11-18-2023, 11:08 AM)ThatBankDude Wrote: West Texas A&M

But will they accept an NA bachelor's degree for admissions?
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(11-18-2023, 11:19 AM)davewill Wrote:

That I do not know.

(11-18-2023, 12:35 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote:

That I do not know.
That's a massive factor here, more than cost
UoPeople also holds Candidate status with its regional accreditor; that might help with acceptance somewhere.
(11-18-2023, 12:37 PM)Duneranger Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:35 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote:

That I do not know.
That's a massive factor here, more than cost
I do not disagree but that would be something the OP could look into. I just suggested a cheap program.

David1477 Wrote:I'm currently working on my bachelor's in business at UoPeople and would like to do a masters in finance afterwards. I'm from a rather poor country and money is the key factor when choosing where to go to grad school. Ideally, I'd like to pay less than $10k for my masters or at least as close as possible to it.

Do you guys have any good suggestions ?

@David1477, Welcome to the board... My current coffee is great, but I'd like to upgrade that to a better/stronger tasting one, do you have suggestions? Basically, in addition to what you've asked, it's better to also bring in more info by filling in the addendum and template.  It's great asking questions and getting answers... Having said that, to help you more, you want to let people know exactly what you are trying to do by providing a bigger overview so we get the full picture of your scenario. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

To answer your questions with questions: Did you try looking up any other institutions? Would UOP MBA be better, than a Finance degree? Have you thought of just doing the MBA there and maybe add a Finance graduate cert for cheaper? You really need to do some due diligence research of a few institutions and list them here, we can provide you recommendations from those. You can have say two or three main ones, and two/three backup options.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Ok, here is some more information to work with:

What kind of degree: Masters in Finance/Financial Management
Regionally accredited credits:

None. I got nationally accredited credits from UoPeople and currently 66 Sophia ACE credits (will finish the degree with 90 ACE credits and 30 nationally accredited ones)

Budget: My bachelor's will be around $2k. I was efficient with Sophia, will transfer in the max amount of Ace credits and got a scholarship. I'm ready to pay more for my masters but realistically my max. is somewhere around $10k.

Commitments: wife, 2 kids, 1 full time and 2 part time jobs, single income household. But I am a fast learner and can manage full time study (just probably not a whole masters in 8 weeks).

Available time: probably around 15 hours per week, but I learn anything but abstract math + comp science topics (not my jam) really fast, so I can get plenty of work done in that time.

Timeline: ideally less than a year or at least less than 1,5 years

Tuition assistance: nope

I checked out some of the big names, SNHU, TESU, Purdue global and many more - since graduate per credit tuition+fees are generally higher and I am always in the out of state bracket of the "cheaper" colleges, I didn't find anything within my budget yet. I also don't think transfer credits can help me this time, since graduate transfer credits aren't as simple to get as undergrad ones.

I am not bound to just US degrees, but I thought getting a NA bachelor's for quite cheap and then getting a RA masters in the field I actually want to get into from a school where the degree will hold international value, would be the most cost efficient option for me.

I can't benefit from programs in Russian, as I'm not a native here and my Russian is good enough for every day life, but not good enough to read and write academic papers.

I can't really name any options to consult me on because everything I found was like 20k+ and therefore out of my budget. For example, I liked SNHUs Master in Finance, but can't afford it.

The first suggestion I got seems to cost around $30k for an international student if I understood the tuition chart correctly, or am I mistaken ?

UoPeople MBA would ofc fit my budget, but fail to achieve the goal of a finance degree and having regional accreditation. It's an option after all, but more like a last resort.

Organizational Leadership at UMass global or Umpi would be RA, affordable and at least somewhat related to my goal. But not have anything to do with finance and only be somewhat related to business.

Eastern University had the cheapest RA MBA for an international student I could find at $9900 ($300 per credit + some fees). It would be a business degree (better than just organizational leadership imo) and still fit into the budget.

I liked SNHUs MS in Finance curriculum and they seem to accept UoPeople grads, but it's out of reach financially.

That's how far I got by myself. But still couldn't find something that is: regionally accredited (or equivalent to it if international), a finance degree, somewhere within my budget (if using every discount, transfer credit or whatever I can use to lower the price).

If there is something like UoPeople (NA, but decent quality and somewhat respected) that offers a finance degree within my budget, I'd also consider it.
Okay, since you're not a native to Belarus: what language(s) do you speak aside from Russian and English?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,339 772,624 2 hours ago
Last Post: cahyo_adi
  Augusta U Online - $7-8k Masters Degrees!!! Captainrekt000 24 2,127 10-24-2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Courcelles
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 59 42,560 10-23-2024, 12:26 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  University of Michigan - Master of Applied Data Science Team Rocket 2 444 10-12-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  (Mostly) Free Master of Ministry in Pastoral Leadership TINASAM 23 3,259 10-08-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Bingbong
  CLEA Masstercursos master course paddyqr 55 10,160 10-01-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Clubes72
  "ACCREDITED CHEAPEST MASTERS" in the WORLD. +Online Degree Geonho Lee 21 3,183 09-29-2024, 11:00 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Need Help Choosing an Online MBA Program coolvodka89@gmail.com 5 495 09-24-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 14 2,005 09-23-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 31 14,295 09-23-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Geonho Lee