Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most affordable online Master in Finance for international student
I am fluent in English and German and speak only some Russian.
Have you considered degrees from Germany? The UoPeople degree won't help with that, because Germany thinks it's "not real", but you could perhaps get another degree from UMPI for a few thousand and then spend a couple hundred euros on a German degree. Because you're fluent in German, you'll be able to access a lot of Master's programs that most of us wouldn't be able to. The only sticking point is the undergrad degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I get your point. Do you know any fully online master programs in this field from public universities in Germany ?
All I could find were private for profit "universities" that also cost €15k for a masters.

This strategy would certainly work if I could attend a public university in person while living in Germany, but that's not possible due to my job(s) and family. And unfortunately I couldn't find such programs in an online format Sad
Wirtschaftswissenschaft at FernUni Hagen. However, exams I believe are not online, you would have to be lucky to have an exam center close to you.
Otherwise, it would be a rare occurrence.
You've got to decide for yourself, it may be best to complete your UOP, then do one of the UK Level 7 diploma's that is finance based, and ladder to one of the UK Masters Top-Up's. I mentioned a few MBA's and they're all within your budget... You can even get the UMPI MAOL completed right after to hit the 10K budget! So, that'll be two Masters...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-19-2023, 06:14 AM)David1477 Wrote: I get your point. Do you know any fully online master programs in this field from public universities in Germany ?
All I could find were private for profit "universities" that also cost €15k for a masters.

This strategy would certainly work if I could attend a public university in person while living in Germany, but that's not possible due to my job(s) and family. And unfortunately I couldn't find such programs in an online format Sad

Edit: just saw that Tomas already mentioned fernuni hagen.
https://www.fernuni-hagen.de/studium/stu...haft.shtml

total cost would be 1200 €.

He's right that exams are not online, but you could take them at a "goethe institut" or even german embassy if an examiner is available. The details are outlined in FUH's brochure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes arad's post:
  • rachel83az
Thanks a lot for the recommendations!

The Hagen degrees are also just business or economics and don't have anything to do with finance. And I'd need a 2nd bachelor, since they don't accept UoPeople. It's a great idea, but it doesn't seem very practical to me.

I guess the method of completing UoPeople, then doing the UoPeople MBA or the MAOL of Umpi (cheapest masters) and getting some postgraduate certificate in finance (for example from the UK) would be the best way to stay inside of the budget and somehow move to where I'd like to be.

I also checked each college in the "most affordable MBAs" post for affordable finance masters and found this: https://www.utpb.edu/academics/programs/...ms-finance it seems to be around $12k which is close to my budget and might be a solution as well, if they accept UoPeople grads.

I will look for some postgraduate certificates (like the UK Lvl 7 diplomas) and compare the total price of this option to the finance degree I found and then base my choice on this.

Thanks a lot for your help and ideas everyone!
What was suggested was to transfer your UoP credit to UMPI and earn your bachelor's there instead. Then you can choose from ANY of the Master's programs that have been suggested. Now that UTPB page says you need a "Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university" it did not say "regionally accredited". It may turn out that's what they mean, but they just might accept the UoP degree for admission.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
arad Wrote:Edit: just saw that Tomas already mentioned fernuni hagen.
https://www.fernuni-hagen.de/studium/stu...haft.shtml

total cost would be 1200 €.

He's right that exams are not online, but you could take them at a "goethe institut" or even german embassy if an examiner is available. The details are outlined in FUH's brochure.

That's a very good plan, but there's also that caveat... not all embassy or examiner is going to be available for just exams, it's going to be hard to get that one piece done... Hopefully there is an option, I would look at this further and see if it's workable, if not, continue with the RA/NA options available (prefer RA over NA).
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
A NA Msc in Financial Engineering for free:

https://www.wqu.edu/programs/mscfe/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,338 772,493 Yesterday, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  Augusta U Online - $7-8k Masters Degrees!!! Captainrekt000 24 2,125 10-24-2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Courcelles
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 59 42,546 10-23-2024, 12:26 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  University of Michigan - Master of Applied Data Science Team Rocket 2 444 10-12-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  (Mostly) Free Master of Ministry in Pastoral Leadership TINASAM 23 3,259 10-08-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Bingbong
  CLEA Masstercursos master course paddyqr 55 10,155 10-01-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Clubes72
  "ACCREDITED CHEAPEST MASTERS" in the WORLD. +Online Degree Geonho Lee 21 3,176 09-29-2024, 11:00 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Need Help Choosing an Online MBA Program coolvodka89@gmail.com 5 494 09-24-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 14 2,005 09-23-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 31 14,292 09-23-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Geonho Lee