Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster...Personal Plan & Progress
Welcome to the board, Basically... You'll be swayed in all directions, there are so many answers, here's mine: UMPI BLS with the minor(s) of your choice, you have 60 credits that are free electives, you can transfer all the cheapies/freebies from the Coursera Certs that have ACE recommendations of credit. This will help you get a more balanced mix of certs, degree, experience.

To top it off, you need 30 credits for residency, take 6 classes for your minor(s) and all 4 classes that go towards the MAOL, even though only 3 can be transferred, you want to take all 4 just in case you don't score a B+ in all 4 of them. Lastly, review the UMPI WIKI, under categories, if you click UMPI, it'll show you all the degree plans, compare them and see which one fits you most: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Un...esque_Isle
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Hackingat40
(10-07-2024, 10:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Welcome to the board, Basically... You'll be swayed in all directions, there are so many answers, here's mine:  UMPI BLS with the minor(s) of your choice, you have 60 credits that are free electives, you can transfer all the cheapies/freebies from the Coursera Certs that have ACE recommendations of credit.  This will help you get a more balanced mix of certs, degree, experience.  

To top it off, you need 30 credits for residency, take 6 classes for your minor(s) and all 4 classes that go towards the MAOL, even though only 3 can be transferred, you want to take all 4 just in case you don't score a B+ in all 4 of them.  Lastly, review the UMPI WIKI, under categories, if you click UMPI, it'll show you all the degree plans, compare them and see which one fits you most: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Un...esque_Isle

Thank you for conveying what I've been trying to say much more efficiently than I have with the 60 free elective credit statement. 
Also, the fact that your first response to my thread wasn't "Welcome! But fix your addendum and template," I'm gonna consider my first win here! 
Thank you for the MAOL advice, and absolutely I have relied heavily on my bookmarks to the wiki pages to create a rough draft of my degree plan and will probably continue to do so. I think this is the way I'm still leaning, but nonetheless I'll keep an open mind about the BABA. 

Honored to have you grace my thread, bjcheung77! Thanks
I see in the comments you mention beginning flight school soon.

Are you planning on being a professional pilot?

If so, get the BABA.

Also, why UMPI if loathe writing assignments and the significantly impede your progress?
[-] The following 1 user Likes AirborneAgent's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
(10-08-2024, 08:42 AM)AirborneAgent Wrote: I see in the comments you mention beginning flight school soon.

If so, get the BABA.

Further, the Supply Chain Management concentration would be a good fit.
(10-08-2024, 08:42 AM)AirborneAgent Wrote: I see in the comments you mention beginning flight school soon.

If so, get the BABA.

Also, why UMPI if loathe writing assignments and the significantly impede your progress?

Military, I pretty much have a guaranteed slot right now if I can finish my degree within the next year. And again, they don't care if it's in Theology, Engineering, Underwater Basketweaving, or Liberal Studies. 

I'm going with UMPI for a multitude of reasons. Kind of along the same lines as the discussion that the BABA sounds better than a BLS, I think UMPI sounds better as a traditional state school (even though the regional accreditation is just as legit at TESU, Liberty, SNHU, etc.) Also, it was the school and degree plan that I found plentiful information on to formulate and plan. I was stuck in analysis paralysis for a long time, and it was finally to - pardon the language - shit or get off the pot. I needed to pick something - anything - and go.
[-] The following 2 users Like wkshasta's post:
  • allvia, Hackingat40
(10-08-2024, 10:46 AM)wkshasta Wrote:

If so, get the BABA.

Military, I pretty much have a guaranteed slot right now if I can finish my degree within the next year. And again, they don't care if it's in Theology, Engineering, Underwater Basketweaving, or Liberal Studies. 

I'm going with UMPI for a multitude of reasons. Kind of along the same lines as the discussion that the BABA sounds better than a BLS, I think UMPI sounds better as a traditional state school (even though the regional accreditation is just as legit at TESU, Liberty, SNHU, etc.) Also, it was the school and degree plan that I found plentiful information on to formulate and plan. I was stuck in analysis paralysis for a long time, and it was finally to - pardon the language - shit or get off the pot. I needed to pick something - anything - and go.

With this new knowledge about your career path the BLS-Management works just fine, as you are in the need of the the 'check box' bachelor. Although the BABA would likely not add any extra time, if you need something more specific later, there is always grad school Smile And just to clarify TESU is a NJ State school, but UMPI would be the quicker and lower cost for you.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • wkshasta
(10-08-2024, 10:46 AM)wkshasta Wrote:

If so, get the BABA.

Military here! In the military, there's no guarantee of securing a slot in pilot training, let alone OCS—it’s highly competitive. A Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) won’t hold the same weight as a Bachelor of Business Administration (BABA) or other more specialized degrees. You’ve been misinformed. Selection boards prioritize candidates with stronger academic credentials and degrees that align more closely with the demands of leadership and technical expertise required for these roles.
Completed Degree(s):

University of Maine at Presque Isle
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
magna cum laude
August 25th, 2023

Eastern University
Master of Business Administration
August 31st, 2024
[-] The following 1 user Likes klone's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,642 8 hours ago
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Personal Progress Thread DavidGood 24 1,317 10-14-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Samhain408
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,194 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 26 2,200 09-27-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Decision time: BABA/Leadership vs BLS/Management Kjnova 88 6,627 09-08-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  BLS Minor in Management Plan mohelena02 5 473 08-25-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How long to see official grades? kylan11 1 188 07-30-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Help - UMPI Degree Plan Tequila 4 555 07-16-2024, 01:19 AM
  Map my Future: BA in Psych Plan SpicySynapses 7 613 06-27-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: manyoptions4me
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 10 1,620 06-24-2024, 10:23 AM