Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to get a head start
Hey everyone!

I start UMPI October 28th for Fall 2 and I want to get a start now so I can knock out classes quickly. Can anyone help with the following classes such as organize my list in easiest or quickest classes to do first. I would greatly appreciate any input.

BUS200
BUS240
BUS244
BUS 260
BUS 321
BUS 335 MAOL
BUS 343
BUS 401
BUS 415
BUS 469 MAOL

Thanks!
It is a violation of UMPI's honor code to share syllabus and coursework. The requirements of each class do occasionally change so someone telling you what they did may not help you. You can't start the courses until they open on Brightspace as you have work to do in the modules. Enjoy your free time because you'll have little of it once the term begins if you're going to complete all 10 courses in 8 weeks.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • allvia, Hackingat40
Basically, go in order from top to bottom... that should do the trick, do two classes at once... and if you're done and waiting for grading, ask for a third to be opened...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
SS20TS Hey I just wanted to ask as I saw on a previous post of yours you did the BLS triple minor. How did that work out for you career wise? Did it help you get interviews or any conversation for jobs regarding the minors? Only asking because I was reading a lot about minors and it seems the majority of people online state a minor isn't worth it most times. I am still going for my BAS triple minor but just wanted to reach out to someone with the experience. Thanks in advance!

Also wanted to saw is the BAS triple minor worth more to employers than the BABA PM/MIS? I went through the requirements and noticed that what I have transferred in vs my plan I am only 3-4 classes from the BABA PM/MIS.

Thanks!
I've gotten far more mileage out of my BABA than my BLS and the 3 minors. I also have decades of experience so that holds a lot more weight than the degree.
(10-11-2024, 08:02 AM)ss20ts Wrote: I've gotten far more mileage out of my BABA than my BLS and the 3 minors. I also have decades of experience so that holds a lot more weight than the degree.

Interesting. Whats kind of what I felt would be the issue between the two. I think im going to request the change to baba. Especially since if I decide to go maol ill still have the 4 classes completed.
(10-10-2024, 10:26 PM)Hackingat40 Wrote: SS20TS Hey I just wanted to ask as I saw on a previous post of yours you did the BLS triple minor. How did that work out for you career wise? Did it help you get interviews or any conversation for jobs regarding the minors? Only asking because I was reading a lot about minors and it seems the majority of people online state a minor isn't worth it most times. I am still going for my BAS triple minor but just wanted to reach out to someone with the experience. Thanks in advance!

Also wanted to saw is the BAS triple minor worth more to employers than the BABA PM/MIS? I went through the requirements and noticed that what I have transferred in vs my plan I am only 3-4 classes from the BABA PM/MIS.

Thanks!
In my opinion, if you already have years of management, leadership, or project management experience, pursuing a BAS with a triple minor should suffice. However, if you lack that extensive background, opting for a BABA might be more beneficial. Personally, I’m going for the BLS with a triple minor simply to check off the degree requirement. With 24 years of management experience, much of it leading multi-million-dollar operations, I just need a degree to get past the AI filters and recruiters. The lack of a bachelor's degree has held me back from Director and VP-level positions, where a degree is a hard requirement. I have transferred enough credits where I could get the BABA PM with just 10 courses but I am not sure the extra headache of BUS 325 is worth it when I can get my BLS with triple minor in Management, Project management, and MIS with just 7 required courses and 3 random relatively easy courses. 
(10-11-2024, 10:11 AM)Samhain408 Wrote:
(10-10-2024, 10:26 PM)Hackingat40 Wrote: SS20TS Hey I just wanted to ask as I saw on a previous post of yours you did the BLS triple minor. How did that work out for you career wise? Did it help you get interviews or any conversation for jobs regarding the minors? Only asking because I was reading a lot about minors and it seems the majority of people online state a minor isn't worth it most times. I am still going for my BAS triple minor but just wanted to reach out to someone with the experience. Thanks in advance!

Thanks!
In my opinion, if you already have years of management, leadership, or project management experience, pursuing a BAS with a triple minor should suffice. However, if you lack that extensive background, opting for a BABA might be more beneficial. Personally, I’m going for the BLS with a triple minor simply to check off the degree requirement. With 24 years of management experience, much of it leading multi-million-dollar operations, I just need a degree to get past the AI filters and recruiters. The lack of a bachelor's degree has held me back from Director and VP-level positions, where a degree is a hard requirement. I have transferred enough credits where I could get the BABA PM with just 10 courses but I am not sure the extra headache of BUS 325 is worth it when I can get my BLS with triple minor in Management, Project management, and MIS with just 7 required courses and 3 random relatively easy courses. 

Problem I ran into was few people knew what a BLS was so they wanted to discuss it instead of the job. Leaving that off and just listing my BABA ended those convos which was more productive. There's always someone somewhere that asks about my education. Might be because I live in an area with a bunch of colleges within an hour including an Ivy League. usually starts off with oh I see you xyz degree how come you didn't go to abc university since it's near you. Ummm....cause I'm not 18 and rich? It was just awkward.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
(10-11-2024, 10:38 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-11-2024, 10:11 AM)Samhain408 Wrote:

Thanks!

Problem I ran into was few people knew what a BLS was so they wanted to discuss it instead of the job. Leaving that off and just listing my BABA ended those convos which was more productive. There's always someone somewhere that asks about my education. Might be because I live in an area with a bunch of colleges within an hour including an Ivy League. usually starts off with oh I see you xyz degree how come you didn't go to abc university since it's near you. Ummm....cause I'm not 18 and rich? It was just awkward.
I see where you're coming from. I work in Facilities Management and I am also in the Silicon Valley so unless it is a tech degree they don't care too much around here. I acknowledge that a Bachelor of Arts Business Administration - Project Management would look better on my resume but Bachelors of Liberal Studies - Project Management should do the same thing for my career.
Essentially, if you're going for the MAOL, it won't really matter which way you go... If you're only going for an undergraduate degree and for the time being, won't be going for a Masters, then the BABA PM & IS is a Business Admin degree with a PM & IS concentration, it'll look better than the BLS which is a Liberal Studies degree. A BAS is not a Your Pace program and is a Applied Science degree, depending on what you need or want, this may be better as it's more flexible...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  March 11 Start Date ari_b93 4 531 02-25-2024, 01:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Bachelor of liberal studies-management minor - Start to finish in 5 months Federicojavier 61 14,255 12-30-2023, 11:22 AM
  How to start MAOL? Junco 4 742 11-06-2023, 12:30 PM
Question Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? Tobutz 4 944 10-23-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,440 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Getting ahead before semester start bobbymo 8 1,438 06-21-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: LakeMomNY
  Bypass Study.com and head to UMPI?? Slammyelis 4 1,304 02-02-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Start to finish lets hear those stories ! Mike Williams 2 616 01-06-2023, 09:31 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Possible to start May 9th cryscryscryscrys 4 761 04-08-2022, 03:45 PM
Last Post: cryscryscryscrys
  Shaking my head CCCC 5 834 03-10-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: kidneysmasher