Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got word Excelsior is not accepting 48hrs of my credits so I need your help.
dr504 Wrote:So with my current status and state how would y'all recommend I proceed? Is the BPS with Excelsior the smartest way to continue?

Dr504

It totally depends on what you want. If you no longer want to be a Paramedic, or anything in a field that could use those credits, then you just need to choose a degree that will get you where you want and go for it. If you want a business degree, then you just need to be prepared for the fact that a lot of your EMT credits won't be used in a program. Anyone who chooses to change their degree partway through faces this same issue.

The TESU BSBA CIS looks like a good fit for you, it's completely test-out-able, and you have a lot of courses that will earn the credit you need. You would just have to apply to see where everything fits.

Not sure how COSC will put everything in there for you, someone else may be able to give you some input there as to whether they think you should apply or not.

Good luck.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I/m having trouble finding my transcripts, but my credits looked a lot like yours. I opted for a dual concentration Organizational Leadership and Health Care at COSC. As I mentioned, they used just about all of my Paramedic credits and the org leadership is at least sort of test friendly.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Does COSC accept CSU-Global exams? If so, they have 7 exams there in Healthcare Administration & Management, all UL.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Does COSC accept CSU-Global exams? If so, they have 7 exams there in Healthcare Administration & Management, all UL.

http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...-over.html
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
It looks like TESC and COSC both charge 75.00 for applications. Is this required to see how my credits will apply? That's not a problem just don't want to waste $150.

DR504
dr504 Wrote:It looks like TESC and COSC both charge 75.00 for applications. Is this required to see how my credits will apply? That's not a problem just don't want to waste $150.

Yes, but both will give you a second eval in a different program if you don't like the credit match in the first eval.
Yes, you have to apply to get them to evaluate your transfer credit. I think the money will be well worth it. You will either find that one of them is a better fit, or you will come out of it knowing the Excelsior was a good choice. The most important thing is NOT TO DELAY getting started while for them to evaluate your transfer credit. These schools are expensive places to take classes, so most people here don't take any more than they have to, instead using tests and other online learning opportunities. No matter which you choose you will need most of the GenEd and business courses in your current degree plan, so there's no reason not to start on them while your making your decision. By the time you get those evals back, you could have a chunk of work done.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thanks everyone for the responses. I have applied to both schools and will wait to see how it goes. I do have a couple of other questions...

Do the two schools request transcripts on their own or do I send them?

Looking at my credits where would you start to knock credits out while waiting for evaluations to come through?

Dr504
dr504 Wrote:Thanks everyone for the responses. I have applied to both schools and will wait to see how it goes. I do have a couple of other questions...

Looking at my credits where would you start to knock credits out while waiting for evaluations to come through?

Dr504

You'll have to request them from your prior college(s). You should do that now. It takes some time, and neither will do an eval until your transcripts arrive.
dr504 Wrote:Thanks everyone for the responses. I have applied to both schools and will wait to see how it goes. I do have a couple of other questions...

Dr504

Regarding getting more than one eval, TESU has an option where after you get your first eval, you can generate additional ones in any degree by looking at it online, super easy, great thing to be able to look at.

It is really hard to say, since you don't know which school you will ultimately go to, or which degree you will be getting.

If I were you, and were thinking Business, I would probably start to do business courses, and a few more gen eds that are inexpensive. The easiest and cheapest way is to go is:

FREE: Kaplan Open PLA (quizzes only): https://opencollege.kaplan.com/opencollege/LRC100/

FREE: Insurance Ethics (free option): Preserve the trust on which insurance transactions are based with an understanding of ethics

FREE: NFA courses (Q0118, Q137 & Q0318): https://www.usfa.fema.gov/training/nfa/c...nline.html

$20/mo: ALEKS math courses (Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra and possibly Precalculus): https://www.aleks.com/

$25/course (paid only upon final exam): Saylor.org: Saylor Academy
Business Courses
BUS101: Intro to Business

BUS208: Principles of Management
BUS210: Corporate Communication
BUS203: Principles of Marketing

BUS205: Business Law & Ethics
BUS103: Intro to Financial Accounting

SocSci courses

POLSC201: Intro to Western Political Thought

POLSC221: Intro to Comparative Politics

NatSci courses

CS101: Introduction to Computer Science
BIO101: Intro to Molecular & Cellular Biology
CHEM101: General Chemistry I

PHYS101: Intro to Mechanics

PHYS102: Intro to Electromagnetism

That gives you a good start on getting some additional credits for free/cheap, until you know for sure what you are going to do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 9 2,946 09-27-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 1,081 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 940 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 520 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 242 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 9 1,045 05-30-2024, 08:16 PM
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 22 3,235 05-15-2024, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Travellifter
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 1,178 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,386 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 3,086 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM