Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits)
I know this has been posted a few times a couple of years go but I find Native American colleges interesting because if they take federal aid they have to take any U.S. citizen and they almost always have some of the lowest cost per credit hour for RA schools.

Diné College Tuition 

• Tuition = $55 per credit hour
• Full-time (12+ credits) = $660

Their current course schedule shows 58 online courses ("asynchronous") with 15 that are UL.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ares's post:
  • midnite123, NotJoeBiden
(02-05-2024, 06:27 AM)Ares Wrote: I know this has been posted a few times a couple of years go but I find Native American colleges interesting because if they take federal aid they have to take any U.S. citizen and they almost always have some of the lowest cost per credit hour for RA schools.

Diné College Tuition 

Their current course schedule shows 58 online courses ("asynchronous") with 15 that are UL.
Wow. This is the most affordable tuition option I've come across for a 4-year college course. Thanks for the info.
[-] The following 1 user Likes durain's post:
  • Ares
(02-05-2024, 06:27 AM)Ares Wrote: I know this has been posted a few times a couple of years go but I find Native American colleges interesting because if they take federal aid they have to take any U.S. citizen and they almost always have some of the lowest cost per credit hour for RA schools.

Diné College Tuition 

The credits may be UL at Dine College, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will transfer as UL courses.
(02-05-2024, 02:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote: The credits may be UL at Dine College, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will transfer as UL courses.

That is true of UL credits from any source.  However, since Dine is a 4 year degree RA school their UL courses have as good a chance as any other RA school, especially in common AOS subjects such as Business, Psychology, etc. And like any transfer credit, they may have a better acceptance as to fitting into to flexible degree program that schools like TESU/EU/COSC (being RA) offer vs set requirements programs like UMPI/WGU. But, with that said, I'm not sure where 'BUS 360 Business of Gaming Industry' (for example) would even fit in a TESU Business Admin degree plan, or one a EU/COSC.

Now if they offered their Social Work degree as a bachelor (it's only an associate level degree now) they'd be the school to beat for such a program.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • Ares, origamishuttle, rachel83az
(02-05-2024, 03:41 PM)allvia Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 02:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote: The credits may be UL at Dine College, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will transfer as UL courses.

That is true of UL credits from any source.  However, since Dine is a 4 year degree RA school their UL courses have as good a chance as any other RA school, especially in common AOS subjects such as Business, Psychology, etc. And like any transfer credit, they may have a better acceptance as to fitting into to flexible degree program that schools like TESU/EU/COSC (being RA) offer vs set requirements programs like UMPI/WGU.  But, with that said, I'm not sure where 'BUS 360 Business of Gaming Industry' (for example) would even fit in a TESU Business Admin degree plan, or one a EU/COSC.

Now if they offered their Social Work degree as a bachelor (it's only an associate level degree now) they'd be the school to beat for such a program.

I have a bunch of RA credit from community colleges that transferred to 4 year schools as UL courses because those particular courses were UL at the college. I also have had UL credit transfer in as LL credit because again those courses were LL at the college they transferred to. EU doesn't always give UL credit for courses that were RA UL especially business courses. I know because it happened to me when I attempted to complete my degree at EU.
Quote:I have a bunch of RA credit from community colleges that transferred to 4 year schools as UL courses because those particular courses were UL at the college. I also have had UL credit transfer in as LL credit because again those courses were LL at the college they transferred to. EU doesn't always give UL credit for courses that were RA UL especially business courses. I know because it happened to me when I attempted to complete my degree at EU.

I don't think that is a common thing at all. Schools are more likely to just transfer RA courses at their taken level then upgrade community college courses or downgrade UL RA courses from a college or university. If they tried something like that it should be an immediate appeal. I can see this sort of thing happening with alternate learning platforms (Sophia, StraigherLine and Study.com) as those courses get re-evaluated.
Seems that a Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) is required?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Darknigh7's post:
  • indigoshuffle
(02-06-2024, 02:27 AM)Ares Wrote:
Quote:I have a bunch of RA credit from community colleges that transferred to 4 year schools as UL courses because those particular courses were UL at the college. I also have had UL credit transfer in as LL credit because again those courses were LL at the college they transferred to. EU doesn't always give UL credit for courses that were RA UL especially business courses. I know because it happened to me when I attempted to complete my degree at EU.

I don't think that is a common thing at all. Schools are more likely to just transfer RA courses at their taken level then upgrade community college courses or downgrade UL RA courses from a college or university. If they tried something like that it should be an immediate appeal. I can see this sort of thing happening with alternate learning platforms (Sophia, StraigherLine and Study.com) as those courses get re-evaluated.

You may be surprised to see how often it happens at both state universities and private colleges. Happens all the time int eh SUNY system. I also completed UL courses at CSU Global and transferred them to UMPI. 1 course was a 100 level course at UMPI so that's what I was given credit for and not a UL course. Appealing doesn't matter much when a course is a specific level at the college you transfer to.
(02-06-2024, 05:49 PM)Darknigh7 Wrote: Seems that a Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) is required?

Looking at the information, the enrollment check list calls out a CIB, but then says only for registered Native Indian Students only. Sounds like there may be some additional benefits not readily apparent for having a CIB, but not required.
In Progress: 
Excelsior - BPS Business and Management
Study.com - Business 307, Sociology 305, Psychology 315
ASU - Algebra, PreCalc, Calculus
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
Universidad Isabel I - MBA/Master Bus & Corp Comm
Kirkwood - AAS Business Administration, Certificate of Human Resources 3.8 GPA
Excelsior - AAS Applied Technologies Electronics 4.0 GPA
TADA - Google Project Management, Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
CSM Learn
US Navy (Electronics Tech 3rd Class) - NER-ET-004, NV-2202-0165 V02, NV-1715-1788 V01, NV-1715-1796 V01, NV-1715-1585 V01, NV-1715-1336 V02

TECEP: 9 Credits
Man-3730, OPM-3010, Bus-3110

Study.com: 6 Credits
Philosophy 301

Lawshelf: 15 Credits
BUS-201, BUS-301, BUS-302, GOV-202, EMP-301

CLEP: 48 Credits
College Math, Financial Accounting, Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Intro Business Law, Principles of Marketing, Biology, US History 1 & 2, Humanities

DSST: 9 Credits
Principles of Public Speaking, Ethics in America, Principles of Supervision
(02-07-2024, 02:06 PM)GameSlinger Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 05:49 PM)Darknigh7 Wrote: Seems that a Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) is required?

Looking at the information, the enrollment check list calls out a CIB, but then says only for registered Native Indian Students only. Sounds like there may be some additional benefits not readily apparent for having a CIB, but not required.
I could easily be wrong, but that's not how I read it.

What are the Diné College Admissions Requirement?
Online Admissions Application
$20 Application Fee
Official Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)
Official High School Transcript
Official College/University Transcript(s)
Add'tl doc. required for BA & Grad Programs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 8 182 6 hours ago
Last Post: 3ichael7ambert
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 138 Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 1,590 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,230 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,608 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 263 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 727 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 543 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 422 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 751 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77