Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with straighterline credit transfer process Please
Hi ive been reading around and it seems like the easiest way to get straighterline credits would be through Fort Hays. Can anyone walk me through that process please. When I enroll my self into Fort Hays am I suppose to enroll myself as a virtual freshman or virtual transfer. Your help would be very appreciated thank you.
Hi Bsmith4,

I'm not entirely familiar with Fort Hays, but after poking around their site it seems like your best bet would be to apply as a transfer. The reasoning behind this is because you are in fact transferring credits over from another college, in this case straighterline. However, you did not clarify in your post if you plan on getting your degree through Fort Hays. This information might change which type of enrollment you should choose.

However, best policy is always to ask a school representative, preferably in the admissions department. Here is the phone number to their admissions office directly: 785-628-5666.

Regards,
- Don L.
Where do you intend to use them? An ACE transcript and/or the college you hope to use the credits is where they need to go. The old days of cycling SL through FH to achieve are gone, FH no longer does this. Unless you intend to enroll at FH there is no need to send them anything.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
dglader Wrote:The reasoning behind this is because you are in fact transferring credits over from another college, in this case straighterline.

SL is NOT a college, and has no such designation. SL is a private business that offers classes that schools can select to accept. SL has no accreditation whatsoever they are not a college.

If the OP intends to enroll at FH it makes sense to send the credits there, otherwise there is no benefit to doing so.
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:SL is a private business that offers classes that schools can select to accept.

An excellent observation and clarification. I'd been putting SL and Penn-Foster in the same boat in my mind for some reason. Clearly a mistake, thank you for catching it and putting it straight. Smile

Regards,
- Don L.
dglader Wrote:An excellent observation and clarification. I'd been putting SL and Penn-Foster in the same boat in my mind for some reason. Clearly a mistake, thank you for catching it and putting it straight. Smile

Regards,
- Don L.

When working with the Big 3 the effect is that SL might as well be another college. But stepping away from there the correlation changes. Since we don't know the OP's intent I felt it important to point out the difference.

I appreciate what you where trying to say Smile
AS in EMS August 2010

straighterline partner colleges

Earn College Credit Through StraighterLine and Transfers to These Online Colleges and Universities - StraighterLine

go there
click on one of the college logos (let's say Albany State University)
the click will take you to a new page
find the line that says "Earn Credit for StraighterLine Courses at Albany State University"
click it

that takes you to a new page an tells you what transfers to that college and how it transfers

follow the same procedure for any college on that partner page

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 172,870 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 246 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,927 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 747 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 10 1,984 07-10-2024, 09:36 PM
  CPA prep course + 30 hours of Accounting credit for $2,970 freeloader 6 730 05-31-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 9 923 05-30-2024, 08:16 PM
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,258 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 2,911 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 431 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM