Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free degrees :)
I've been following on Facebook - can't wait to buy and read it for my granddaughter. WOOHOO!
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

LaterBloomer Wrote:Maybe you'd become a famous writer, and spend all of your time on the talk show circuit?

As always, Cookderosa, thank you for all that you do to help us get out degrees.

ha ha, I hope not. lol
publius2k4 Wrote:Congratulations!

I think you need to offer your degreeforum.com friends the opportunity to order autographed copies Smile

I don't even have a cell phone, I have no plans to start a distribution website lol. I'll make you a deal, if we ever meet for coffee, I'll make it happen. Smile
Workforce Education and Adult Learning
frankshorey Wrote:Workforce Education and Adult Learning

Thanks Frank. I actually debated a long time about whether or not I'd include workforce development/education and adult learning programs in the book, and decided not to. My inclusion criteria required that any program I listed offered a full degree (many programs were non credit or certificate / diploma options intended for quick-employment or improvement) and in some cases you had to work with a govt agency if you were laid off, a company closed, or you collected unemployment- and I felt like including that might mean I supported people losing their jobs so they could receive free training (or worst-case: encouraged it). The people who have fallen on hard times already have those resources at their disposal, so I opted to leave it out. Same with scholarships, I left out scholarships for the same reason- I felt like stepping over dollars to pick up pennies wasn't the message I wanted to send, and there are already a zillion scholarship books out there. I kept it clean - free tuition for a full degree open to the general public.
GoodYellowDogs Wrote:I've been following on Facebook - can't wait to buy and read it for my granddaughter. WOOHOO!

Denise, in California, if you're a resident of San Luis Obispo County, Contra Costa Unified School District, or Ventura County, and your child attends k-12 (has to graduate) they'll get free community college tuition. Not a huge benefit for 1 person, or to move far for, but if you have many children or are living near there anyway....it's certainly nice. That can be used for diplomas, certificates, or degrees.
I live in CA (but not in those places), and I had NO IDEA they offered that!! Never heard it, and I am up on a lot of college-related stuff. I guess there's always more to learn!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:I live in CA (but not in those places), and I had NO IDEA they offered that!! Never heard it, and I am up on a lot of college-related stuff. I guess there's always more to learn!

Dfrecore, if you find others, let me know! One thing I'm finding is that from year to year, funding changes, so I've already started a file for NEXT year lol.
Cook, you are the rock star of information! I can't wait to look at the site!
Gooberman11 Wrote:Cook, you are the rock star of information! I can't wait to look at the site!

Thanks Goober, I like "rock star" so much better than "nerd" Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 58 11,609 09-16-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: wow
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 7 1,436 09-11-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: wow
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 131 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 347 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 301 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 565 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  How do you achieve multiple degrees? Ariadne 5 611 08-19-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 38,455 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 624 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 759 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher