Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA Liberal Studies Capstone
Can someone give me some info on the workload of the Liberal Studies Capstone. 
1. The online syllabus mentions that it has 4 written assignments + 1 final paper. Do the 4 assignments add towards the final paper? 
2. How does the workload for the guided study look like? Since there are no discussion posts in the guided study, where does the 20% towards the final score come from?
3. Which mentor would you recommend based on your experience? I just want to get this over with so I am looking for someone who is an easy grader. 

Thanks in advance.
(06-29-2024, 06:27 PM)sashaeliot38@gmail.com Wrote: Can someone give me some info on the workload of the Liberal Studies Capstone. 
1. The online syllabus mentions that it has 4 written assignments + 1 final paper. Do the 4 assignments add towards the final paper? 
2. How does the workload for the guided study look like? Since there are no discussion posts in the guided study, where does the 20% towards the final score come from?
3. Which mentor would you recommend based on your experience? I just want to get this over with so I am looking for someone who is an easy grader. 

Thanks in advance.

I can only answer 1 & 3 since I didn't not take the GS version of Capstone.

1. Yes the four assignments goes towards your final paper. For my section, I had to do an introduction to your topic of choice, an outline, a literature review and a discussion and conclusion. You add all those together to make your final paper making adjustments and corrections as per your mentor's suggestions. You also have to do an 8-10 minute oral presentation on your topic with Powerpoint. There is also a written assessment that has nothing to do with your Capstone.

3. I had James Cody and I found him to be a pretty solid mentor. Good communication and he graded papers promptly with helpful feedback and suggestions.
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication | Graduated 12/08/23
Thomas Edison State University | B.A. in Liberal Studies | Minor: Social Sciences | Graduation date: 09/13/24
120 credits completed [47 college credits, 73 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

Next: LIM College (NYC) M.S. in Consumer Analytics [start date 09/03/24]

Basically, You may want to review the posts, threads, especially WIKI pages on the Capstones, in addition to ratemyprofessor for the various options available.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-29-2024, 10:29 PM)Michelle779 Wrote:
(06-29-2024, 06:27 PM)sashaeliot38@gmail.com Wrote: Can someone give me some info on the workload of the Liberal Studies Capstone. 

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes the four assignments goes towards your final paper. For my section, I had to do an introduction to your topic of choice, an outline, a literature review and a discussion and conclusion. You add all those together to make your final paper making adjustments and corrections as per your mentor's suggestions. You also have to do an 8-10 minute oral presentation on your topic with Powerpoint. There is also a written assessment that has nothing to do with your Capstone.

3. I had James Cody and I found him to be a pretty solid mentor. Good communication and he graded papers promptly with helpful feedback and suggestions.

Thanks a lot for explaining everything so well. I have one more question for you about the the oral presentation. Do we have to video record ourselves speaking for that OR can it be just our voice recording explaining the powerpoint presentation?
(06-30-2024, 04:05 AM)sashaeliot38@gmail.com Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot for explaining everything so well. I have one more question for you about the the oral presentation. Do we have to video record ourselves speaking for that OR can it be just our voice recording explaining the powerpoint presentation?

TESU will provide the online software.  The software records your face and PowerPoint presentation.

They say to use PowerPoint, though I used Canva. You can use a script, though it helps if the script is on a monitor where the cam is so you aren't looking down.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(06-30-2024, 06:13 AM)LevelUP Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

TESU will provide the online software.  The software records your face and PowerPoint presentation.

They say to use PowerPoint, though I used Canva.  You can use a script, though it helps if the script is on a monitor where the cam is so you aren't looking down.

Is it possible that you can share what was the questions that was asked for Discussion Forum post 1 & the Written Assignment 1. I just wanted to get an idea of what those questions look like. You don't have to share with me your answers or anything.
(06-30-2024, 07:54 AM)sashaeliot38@gmail.com Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

They say to use PowerPoint, though I used Canva.  You can use a script, though it helps if the script is on a monitor where the cam is so you aren't looking down.

Is it possible that you can share what was the questions that was asked for Discussion Forum post 1 & the Written Assignment 1. I just wanted to get an idea of what those questions look like. You don't have to share with me your answers or anything.

I'm not sure if posting directly from the course is against the rules, so I'll summarize as best as I can:

Discussion Forum 1:
-state your major area of study
-there is an assigned reading that you have to explain your process of selecting your topic
-what is your first choice topic
-explain how your background, career and academic studies made you choose the topic
-post the topic in the form of a question to be answered or a thesis that needs to be proven

Written Assignment 1:
-introduce your topic and explain why the reader should be interested in this topic and what do they gain from your topic
-choose a quote or news item that would make your topic incite interest and further exploring
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication | Graduated 12/08/23
Thomas Edison State University | B.A. in Liberal Studies | Minor: Social Sciences | Graduation date: 09/13/24
120 credits completed [47 college credits, 73 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

Next: LIM College (NYC) M.S. in Consumer Analytics [start date 09/03/24]

(06-30-2024, 10:23 AM)Michelle779 Wrote:
(06-30-2024, 07:54 AM)sashaeliot38@gmail.com Wrote:
(06-29-2024, 10:29 PM)Michelle779 Wrote: I can only answer 1 & 3 since I didn't not take the GS version of Capstone.

I'm not sure if posting directly from the course is against the rules, so I'll summarize as best as I can:

Discussion Forum 1:
-state your major area of study
-there is an assigned reading that you have to explain your process of selecting your topic
-what is your first choice topic
-explain how your background, career and academic studies made you choose the topic
-post the topic in the form of a question to be answered or a thesis that needs to be proven

Written Assignment 1:
-introduce your topic and explain why the reader should be interested in this topic and what do they gain from your topic
-choose a quote or news item that would make your topic incite interest and further exploring

This has been very helpful. I truly appreciate your help. Many many many thanks.
In addition to what was mentioned above, you're already at a great start being proactive in trying to get extra info before you begin the capstone, you need to setup a study system at home to complete the requirements for the class. Also make use of your prof if you have any concerns or questions, and use the option to extend the class if something in life happens, and to make use of your commitments and time management.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
recently completed the capstone and and will be graduating in Sept 2024
the Capstone weightage

Attached Files
.jpg   a9a29462-214f-4cc3-827c-be980ab1e784.jpg (Size: 42.21 KB / Downloads: 27)
Plan : Edgewood EdD
In Progress: GGU DBA | UoPeople M.Ed & BA |[b]Walden MS (I/O)|[/b]
Completed: TESU BA, UMPI BLS, Isabel MBATeesside MA, Griffith MLPD, 
East London MBA, London Metropolitan LLM, CLEA MAPP,  San Miguel PhD, 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LIB4950 Capstone - Oral Presentation question MLFLY6 3 297 09-04-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: MLFLY6
  Seeking Advice on SOS-1100 and Business Capstone (BUS-4210) ExcellentPhoto 2 232 09-01-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: allvia
Lightbulb TESU BA in International Studies? Experiences? SCYankee 19 895 08-18-2024, 01:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Anyone doing a Creative or Applied Project for Capstone? jonesy20 3 813 08-07-2024, 10:40 AM
Last Post: e36374
  TESU Liberal Arts Capstone - Creative Project badooble 2 1,181 08-07-2024, 10:31 AM
  TESU ASNSM in Computer Science / AAS Applied Computer Studies newdegree 15 939 07-26-2024, 11:31 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 24 4,467 06-28-2024, 07:35 PM
  Capstone w/ Prof. Tomko? e36374 1 523 06-28-2024, 06:01 PM
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 11 1,374 05-23-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: resistk
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,760 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM