Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science / AAS Applied Computer Studies
Make a spreadsheet on Google Sheets for yourself. For the bachelors, associate and certs that you want. The general education and free electives are generally waived if you already have a bachelors. That’s a good start and you can share it as read only with folks here that could help, if you want.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
I meet the requirements for a degree. I got an RA bachelor plus all the credits listed plus 30 more credits not listed from the police academy.
I am still trying to figure out how many degrees can you do in one sitting. How many bachelor's or associate degrees can I take in one graduation session?
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
(07-25-2024, 04:47 PM)newdegree Wrote: I am still trying to figure out how many degrees can you do in one sitting. How many bachelor's or associate degrees can I take in one graduation session?

As it says at the start of the Award of Degrees Policy,

Quote:The University will not award more than two Thomas Edison State University associate, baccalaureate or master's degrees to any one student.

To clarify, they mean no more than two TESU degrees at each level, each level being considered separately. That is also a lifetime limit.

Based on reports here, if they're current and if I'm not mistaken, you can graduate with two degrees at the same level, and I expect at each of two different levels, in the same graduation session if you meet the other requirements of the Award of Degrees Policy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • newdegree
(07-25-2024, 04:55 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote:
(07-25-2024, 04:47 PM)newdegree Wrote: I am still trying to figure out how many degrees can you do in one sitting. How many bachelor's or associate degrees can I take in one graduation session?

As it says at the start of the Award of Degrees Policy,

Quote:The University will not award more than two Thomas Edison State University associate, baccalaureate or master's degrees to any one student.

To clarify, they mean no more than two TESU degrees at each level, each level being considered separately. That is also a lifetime limit.

Based on reports here, if they're current and if I'm not mistaken, you can graduate with two degrees at the same level, and I expect at each of two different levels, in the same graduation session if you meet the other requirements of the Award of Degrees Policy.

So I am assuming per lifetime you can get only two associate degrees, two bachelor's degrees, and two master's degrees overall from TESU.

No more than two can be completed at one time (per graduation session).
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
(07-25-2024, 05:03 PM)newdegree Wrote: So I am assuming per lifetime you can get only two associate degrees, two bachelor's degrees, and two master's degrees overall from TESU.

Yes.

(07-25-2024, 05:03 PM)newdegree Wrote: No more than two can be completed at one time (per graduation session).

I believe the degree levels are considered separately, so that in one session a student could graduate with a maximum of two associate's and a maximum of two bachelor's for a total maximum of four undergraduate degrees. (Master's degrees are largely governed by a separate catalog and schedule, so I'm disregarding them entirely right now.)
(07-25-2024, 11:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 2 Associates, 2 Bachelors, X certificates...

(07-25-2024, 02:14 PM)newdegree Wrote: Yeah I am still confused lol Sad

Basically, when you've got so many credits and a prior Bachelors, your general education and electives are completed. You just need to do the area of study for the Associates and major for the Bachelors. That's it, really... With so many transferable credits from your MBA, MPA, DHA, your BSBA should already be complete.

Your BA Comp Sci and BA Political Science, when you apply, would be a double major, not two degrees, again, all you need are the requirements completed for the major, if you have enough to hit the requirements, you're done in that regard as well. If you're missing anything, you'll need to get them through ACE/NCCRS sources.

Essentially...You decide how you want to play things, you need 3 capstones for the 4 degrees I mentioned - AS doesn't require one, AAS does, and the BA double major and BSBA requires two capstones. You can do all 3 in one semester, along with two easy classes or e-packs, thus skipping the residency waiver fee.

Here's how it calculates - Flat rate: $4,428 for 15 credits, if you go the with residency waiver fee, 9 credits is already $5004, plus the residency fee of $3,354 for a total of $8358, that's a whopping almost $4K. Going my method will cost you about 1 grand per degree... I'm not going to give you the 'kicker', it's too complex.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • newdegree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SDC and TESU American Gov't bigrivergroup 31 4,636 Yesterday, 02:45 PM
Last Post: drp16
  BA Liberal Studies Capstone sashaeliot38@gmail.com 14 1,023 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Does TESU take Saylor Software Engineering as UL or LL? Jwheels27 6 293 09-01-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: azmusic
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 7 935 08-30-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 0 223 08-28-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: charfife
  Do WGU Credits Count as RA at TESU? latearrival 3 281 08-26-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Public Speaking for TESU Oral Communication Gen Ed wow 2 219 08-23-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: wow
  Find out how RA credit transfers to TESU natshar 40 44,060 08-20-2024, 11:35 AM
  Classes at TESU tcompy 1 216 08-19-2024, 03:06 PM
Lightbulb TESU BA in International Studies? Experiences? SCYankee 19 803 08-18-2024, 01:55 AM